Statue Alien: Big Chap Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This does look really good next to the Predator LSB.

post-30824-Jack-Nicholson-Creepy-Nodding-SRXv.gif

:lol

I will be happy if all that is wrong with mine is the god-awful teeth. I am far from being obsessive on these things, but the quaility of paint on the teeth, couldn't be lower. I'm amazed that SS finds that acceptable and is allowing any of those to go out to their customers. I'm sure most companies want their customers to be happy with, being disappointed, when it could have been worse, when they look forward to seeing their product...

I voice a valid opinion and just get mocked and chided. Of course im going to say something back. People are upset about this piece and the way things are going. But then you get members who mock you for it ??

You have valid points. I share in your frustration about the lack of QC. So much so that it breaks my heart to have canceled both Xeno busts because of it. My money is my vote, and I vote these pieces unacceptable.

Opinion aside, keep in mind that you're getting worked up about someone's opinion ONLINE. Try not to get your account suspended over needless banter.

Alas, a number of us have been starting to vote with our wallets lately. Generally, I would balk at paying $800+ for a 1/4 scale statue from another company. However, these inconsistent QC issues are creating opportunities for other companies to attract our business. I've already passed on a couple Sideshow pieces to preorder product elsewhere.

Understandable facebox. And risingstar i agree. My money is better spent elsewhere for now. Ill try to keep my feelings to myself from now on. And let the quality of the products speak for themselves. Its just disheartening. Every single piece is flawed. Some are just more acceptable than others. Every piece has a nick, a scratch, overspray, excess glue, ill fitting parts. Some just worse than others. But no one,... NO ONE. Has said they have a perfect flawless piece. Which is what you pay for ,.. yet not what you get. Sad

Just got a reply from Sideshow. I have a RMA number for a full replacement.
I now have to destroy the BC. Hard time ahead.
The first hint will be hard to do.
Who already experienced this? How you guys proceed?

The day Parcel force get their grubby mits on SS stuff is the day I stop collecting.... nothing but negative experience with them! Not to mention the way they hold your item to ransom until the duty is paid etc.

I'm glad SS use Fed Ex!

I hear ya. Iv just threatened to take them to court lol. they have smashed up just undr a grands worth of statues for me. They even delivered a pf upside down the other week :slap

Never had an issue with Fed-Ex, apart ftom their billing department, or Parcelforce.
I always use Parcelforce, first name terms :lol, but never pay for insurance knowing they don't cover fragile collectables.

Yeah im on first name terms with them too.

Kuntz :)

Almost fell over when I just saw the news...

Mine has finally shipped!!! Very nervous as to what might be on the way though if I'm honest.

Alas, a number of us have been starting to vote with our wallets lately. Generally, I would balk at paying $800+ for a 1/4 scale statue from another company. However, these inconsistent QC issues are creating opportunities for other companies to attract our business. I've already passed on a couple Sideshow pieces to preorder product elsewhere.
Yep-I cancelled 5 P/O's from Sideshow-the Alien LSB EX was one of them-putting my $$$ into the Chronicle ED 209 & PCS Robocop EX

Just got a reply from Sideshow. I have a RMA number for a full replacement.
I now have to destroy the BC. Hard time ahead.
The first hint will be hard to do.
Who already experienced this? How you guys proceed?

Can you take the dome off before destroying it, please? I'm interested in getting a good look at the skull underneath.

I got my RMA last night. I think I am going to forego the return though and just keep it. I don't like the odds of what seems like it could be a 4/5 chance to get one thats worse.

I got my RMA last night. I think I am going to forego the return though and just keep it. I don't like the odds of what seems like it could be a 4/5 chance to get one thats worse.

Why not take it? If it is worse you just send that one back at no charge (or maybe destriy the replacement?) and keep the first one. I've done that once, got a replacement that was worse than my original so they sent me a shipping label and I just sent back the replacement.

oh man, after seeing some of these pics I'm sweating bullets.

I planned on repainting the teeth, but a messed up dome is a completly different story. Only time will tell.

Back