Statue Alien: Big Chap Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
now that would be going back if it was mine....

Ditto.

Once again I can't decide if it's going to be worth it to send mine back for a replacement. I run the risk of receiving one with even more issues. And after comparing mine to others I've seen here and lurking on statueforum mine could have been much worse. Honestly I think I can live with it, though I hate to say those words regarding something that cost $400. Much like the big chap's big dome, it's a pickle.

And that's the situation I'm in. The front part of mine is perfect do I risk replacing it for one that may not be to get one without damage in a part that won't be seen? It's a crapshoot, isn't it?

It is a crapshoot with the odds in the favor of the house. We would probably have better odds rolling the dice in Vegas.

Sideshow is turning out like every other big company.. Everything about bulk, profit instead of what got them there.. This is the product when you out-source to China to save some money, Now that they can afford it, why continue to out-source? GREED!

Let me guess... You only buy American made products and even then because American companies aren't going for max margin on their products right?

Ditto.

Once again I can't decide if it's going to be worth it to send mine back for a replacement. I run the risk of receiving one with even more issues. And after comparing mine to others I've seen here and lurking on statueforum mine could have been much worse. Honestly I think I can live with it, though I hate to say those words regarding something that cost $400. Much like the big chap's big dome, it's a pickle.

Did you read my response it my earlier post Doc? It was mixed in with a few others so you may have missed it. You don't send yours back for a replacement, Sideshow will send you a replacement and you will have to destroy the one you've got.

So IF they send you one that's worse than the one you have, then you either take pictures of that and let them know you'd prefer a credit because this one was just as bad, or you just break the one they've sent you (because it's worse) and keep your previous one. They just require pictures of a completely destroyed statue within a few days or else they charge you for both. In the end, you can pick which one looks better to you.

2oSB09d.jpg

That left shoulder is a mess. Its cracked and looks hastily painted over. I'm not happy about this. This is a serious error and should have been caught by QC.

I really do not want to believe SS is telling the factories to paint over broken pieces and to try to pass them off as satisfactory. Like someone said earlier, it's probably a greater challenge to keep quality in check when edition numbers are so high. Honestly, I have no idea how to explain this. No one looks good here. I don't even know if or how there will be consequences for the factory in China. Sideshow, and the fan especially, are the ones who take it on the chin. It seems like SS is unable to consistently avoid these kinds of mishaps.

At this point, are we even sure Sideshow HAS a Quality Control team? Or is it just a guy putting a sticker on the styrofoam? :lol

(I'm joking, but seriously, look at these issues, some of em couldn't possibly have happened during shipping.)
Imagine what the ones that DON'T pass QC are like :horror

The Q.C sticker just comes as part of the packaging. There's no way some of these have been inspected.
Hope SS have plenty of replacements and I don't need one :D

Re: Alien Legendary Scale Bust

#375 is in my house.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416620978.366809.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416620970.663458.jpg

Came out great. Only small issues, like bad teeth of course, which would be almost tolerable if not for this obnoxious paint glob

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416621024.667226.jpg

Super small paint bubble or extra piece of plastic or something on top

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416621051.509207.jpg

And just like all of them, the dome isn't flush all the way around. It's most noticeable on the back, but I'd never see that on display, nor would I see the top, because this needs to be displayed up high.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416621101.337214.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416621108.616533.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416621116.932053.jpg

Tendons are in tact, though one on the left side looks incomplete... Not broken, just a bit too short

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416621151.528336.jpg

Overall very happy with it. I maaaaay end up finding a way to keep it, but financially it will make the most sense to sadly unload it for now, pick up a regular down the line since the EX does nothing for me. I'm a fan of the Alien movies but by no means a fanatic, so this piece is awesome to have and 90% really well done.

Tendons are in tact, though one on the left side looks incomplete... Not broken, just a bit too short

View attachment 147652

Overall very happy with it. I maaaaay end up finding a way to keep it, but financially it will make the most sense to sadly unload it for now, pick up a regular down the line since the EX does nothing for me. I'm a fan of the Alien movies but by no means a fanatic, so this piece is awesome to have and 90% really well done.

Glad you're happy with it man! Let us know if you end up keeping it. I'm at work now but I can't wait to get home and see it again. It's just such a beautifully sculpted piece, and I'm a big fan of the size!

On the dome front, I'll bet it doesn't connect fully on a lot of them! It connects well enough that it shouldn't be an issue unless it's horrible, but it seems fairly minor (even though it'd be nice if it just snapped in place in the factory.) And your tendon in the picture above is exactly what I was trying to explain...though showing a picture helps a lot :lol That's 100% how mine looks, so I'm guessing that's just kind of how it is. Maybe not on all, but it's also not anything I worried about when I saw it.

The tooth paint is definitely the roughest part on all of them. It's very odd, as they're so front and center. The one plus is that they ARE pretty small, so from far away you can't notice most things; however, it's so easy to paint them correctly! It's one shade! :lol Very bizarre how that happened, that's for sure.

Maybe they threw powder in the eyes of the guy painting teeth right before he started on them:

Bloodsport-VanDamnBlindScream.gif

:lol

Retail would be fine. Would only be looking to recoup the cost and I don't think there are enough issues to warrant a return. Not looking to flip it and make money bc of the EX, just hit at the wrong time and I'm very stingy about losing NRDs :)

But like I said we'll see... Work is about to slow down big time until February and I don't want to be in a pinch when the Weta Balrog comes out or XM Hulk finally hits BBTS. Like I said I enjoy the Alien movies and love a good monster, but those other pieces take precedence. When I ordered this and paid my NRD I hadn't heard of XM yet lol.

Yeah those teeth... Either way I will be asking for some credit due to the big paint blob. It's noticeable from across the room and looks terrible. It's also raised so just painting over it won't cut it.

What's your Estimated Delivery? When did it despatch?
Mine's showing estimated delivery on Tuesday and left Indianapolis @ 3:32 yesterday also.

Yeah, I've got the same info here, mate. I've been out of the collecting game for so long until recently that I completely forgot about the whole parcel tracking thing. :doh

I was thinking postage and PayPal fees could top the NRD plus the potential hassle with selling.
Cool if you can get a cash on collection pickup. Hope you get a satisfactory result.

At this point, are we even sure Sideshow HAS a Quality Control team? Or is it just a guy putting a sticker on the styrofoam? :lol

I'm gonna go with the sticker-putter-on'r!... :hi5:

The way some members on this board protect sideshow id say their the qc dept hahahahaha

You need to get off the karaoke machine cause your song is plaaaaayed out!! :horse

Back