Alien Big Chap 1:1 bust Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wooooe!!i love it!!a litle bit worried about the white paint. Hope it won’t be my case...which are your general impressions about it Targumanu? Thanks for your pics!!

I am very happy with the product in terms of meeting my expectations. I knew that I wanted that clear dome look going into it. Anything coming from a factory always has a chance of being screwed up in terms of the paint application, etc. I am happy enough with the purchase to exchange it, but obviously at this price paint spray on a clear dome is unacceptable.

You guys are killing me with these pics...I thought I'd be fine just with the SS LSB....ugh

So i went ahead and wall mounted the bust on a glass shelf (can hold up to 60lbs). The bust incl. base is about 30lbs - so no problem.

15.jpg

13.jpg

12.jpg

14.jpg

That looks great, really nice little set up. I meant to ask if anybody knew the width of this as it isn't listed anywhere. If I were to buy it (still fighting myself) I'd be wall mounting it also.

Also, what is that P1 standing on out of interest? Looks like a classy turn table or something, I wouldn't mind a couple of those myself if so...

So what's the consensus on this thing ? Is it worth the $$$ ? Over here it's like $2500 or a bit more with the conversion and all. Need to be sure! lol

SO I got mine . #165. Super duper happy!!! No damage that I can see. Lighter then I thought but still has a bit of weight. A couple things we speculated on were wrong. Even thought the back of the dome looks blacked out you can still see through it. I took some pics with flash to show it. Also its not just a plain black paint. The cheek area and jaw section has some brown airbrushing. Also the rear tubes have a bit of bluish and greenish application. Its not heavy handed so I think its great. The head is around 36" long 9" wide and 14" tall without stand. I love it! Yes I agree the dome being clear and not opaque like the movie is not 100% accurate but to display I think this is better overall for impact. This can be taken care of after the fact if you are a stickler for the screen seen look though. Teeth look great too. SOOOooo glad I got this now that its paid and that part is under the bridge. Here are a few pics I took at my parents to inspect for damage and to show the folks what it looked like since they love the movie too. Now I need to come up with a new stand to fit my entertainment center.
8ACbNOq.jpg

IvZEuBX.jpg

dHgTy4A.jpg

Nf41hPK.jpg

4r164Pa.jpg

caFlrFB.jpg

D9sC5vs.jpg

6CGyGF8.jpg

Bb99tqk.jpg

3XbDMEZ.jpg

uWMTYW7.jpg

HclAO8u.jpg

s39k1M9.jpg

abrTyTU.jpg

SO I got mine . #165. Super duper happy!!! No damage that I can see. Lighter then I thought but still has a bit of weight. A couple things we speculated on were wrong. Even thought the back of the dome looks blacked out you can still see through it. I took some pics with flash to show it. Also its not just a plain black paint. The cheek area and jaw section has some brown airbrushing. Also the rear tubes have a bit of bluish and greenish application. Its not heavy handed so I think its great. The head is around 36" long 9" wide and 14" tall without stand. I love it! Yes I agree the dome being clear and not opaque like the movie is not 100% accurate but to display I think this is better overall for impact. This can be taken care of after the fact if you are a stickler for the screen seen look though. Teeth look great too. SOOOooo glad I got this now that its paid and that part is under the bridge. Here are a few pics I took at my parents to inspect for damage and to show the folks what it looked like since they love the movie too. Now I need to come up with a new stand to fit my entertainment center.

Nice! Looks like yours has more variation in colors than mine does. Mine is pretty much just black with very subtle brown in some areas. I will try to throw up a couple pics soon.

Thanks and yes garyberg post some more pics. Cant have enough to show variations in painters. Another thing I just realized is the stand uprights are removable and fit into slots in the base so the plan is to just make new uprights so the head sits 1/4" above the base.

Here are a few pictures of mine. It would have been nice to have more varied colors but overall I like it. One thing I noticed on mine is that the flat part on the dome right in front of the nose is not lined up with the nose and off to the left a bit. I haven't noticed this in other pictures and was wondering if this was normal?

Here is the picture of the front with the dome looking like it is off center. If you look at the glare in front of the nose you will see it is off to the left and not lined up with the nose.

Couple other pics.

Just looked and yes mine is the same way. The dome itself is centered but the flat spot is off center. Not something ill worry about, my nose is a bit crooked too.....

edit now that I do a double take I think its because the head has a slight bow or curve to it. Its not exactly centered but I'm not sure they could do anything if the dome was vac formed on a buck and the head was a bit wonky which is something I expect if it was indeed cast from and original head.
CKfZsGs.jpg

u guys think this will sell out fast?? im waiting for some reward points to accumalate, my Jungle Pred cost me 700$ in customs duty alone, dread how much this will be,,, an Ryu and Conan 1/3 might ship soon as well, im gonna flex it as much as possible

u guys think this will sell out fast?? im waiting for some reward points to accumalate, my Jungle Pred cost me 700$ in customs duty alone, dread how much this will be,,, an Ryu and Conan 1/3 might ship soon as well, im gonna flex it as much as possible

Didn’t you make enough money on all the referral links you put up on the other forum?

Same old nonsense out of you,glad they booted you out of the forum,hopefully the same will follow here so people aren't subjected to your posts anymore.

Nice vid. Glad I'm not the only one who put the stand backwards. I think it flows better the way you have it allosaur. I made some temp low profile uprights and the head sits better on the stand the way you have it. Most everyone ive seen including the HCG mini heads have it the way Coolprops shows it.

Back