Alien Big Chap 1:1 bust Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to see these are finally showing up, bout time. I would definitely get a Grid alien. The fluorescent green just pops.

Not sure why but I am not digging this bust....being as big of a fan of the original movie you'd think it would be my favorite but over the years I prefer the more biological look of the Dog Alien or Res Alien heads. The plastic clear dome and relatively boring matte black looking colors just isn't doing it for me :(

Here are a few quick pics. The lights in my office are horrible so I’ll have to take some better ones at some point. I absolutely love this bust. It is killer in person.

dc5aadce75e3a16c7878e1e02e820402.jpg

ed807ffe98bcb2f0222408699cc0973e.jpg

657a06dce31b6aecdd9a92eb3caf1660.jpg

8295965af8a6bdc9228dca76b34a7faa.jpg

It’s nice in person but I’m still mad about the price.

I agree with both points. :lol

Here are a few quick pics. The lights in my office are horrible so I’ll have to take some better ones at some point. I absolutely love this bust. It is killer in person.

ed807ffe98bcb2f0222408699cc0973e.jpg

You have the stand backwards.
View attachment 412637

I finally noticed that myself. I think I was so excited about getting it that I just slapped it on there without paying attention.

Looking good. Clearly the dome is hard to photograph. Can I ask those who have this in person, how does it actually compare to the proto images? I don't think I've ever ummed and arred about a collectible for so long....

Looking good. Clearly the dome is hard to photograph. Can I ask those who have this in person, how does it actually compare to the proto images? I don't think I've ever ummed and arred about a collectible for so long....

The only complaint I have is the price. I'm still a little pissed they raised it so much for this piece. However, I think it's pretty damn close to the proto, and everyone that has come in my office and seen it has loved it. The only nitpick I have about the actual bust is that I'd like it to have a little gloss on the black, but that's an easy fix if I decide to do it. If I can get it in better light, I'll try to take some nicer pics.

The only complaint I have is the price. I'm still a little pissed they raised it so much for this piece. However, I think it's pretty damn close to the proto, and everyone that has come in my office and seen it has loved it. The only nitpick I have about the actual bust is that I'd like it to have a little gloss on the black, but that's an easy fix if I decide to do it. If I can get it in better light, I'll try to take some nicer pics.

Thank you, so the dome is more tinted in reality than we're seeing in many images?

Python phyton...lol(low stock...)

I know... I know lol.

If I didn't need so much for the house, and a new car, I'd have ordered already. Trying my best.

I would say the proto dome looks like its made of glass its so clear and the actual dome looks like plastic with a slightly old headlight fog to it. The only thing i think they could have improved now that I have had it awhile to ponder over is that the skull under the dome looks a little bit plastic to me. Maybe because it has a bit of a shine or sheen to it. Probably should have gone with a more flat of a paint but its more of a personal thing of what I think a skull should look like rather than what the real prop looked like. I don't regret getting it at all and im pretty poor. I can say for sure if I didn't get it I would be kicking myself right now.

I’m down to my last payment...but think I’m going to cancel it...and eat the $180 penalty fee. It’s a great looking bust, but not for close to $2K (with shipping).

I want Chase Smith’s Big Chap bust instead. Have you guys seen his in progress work on it? Holy smokes, that thing is going to rock.

I’ll use the return money from Sideshow to place a downpayment on that sucker.

Thanks for the pics, guys...

finally POed,, 4 month flex,, if i can arrange the money for customs before that,, ill pay in full asap..

I still have not cancelled it...I’m going back and forth on the final decision...cancel or not.

Damn, lol...

Saw this in person at LCS, wasn't very impressed. Details/paint looked really soft under the dome and around mouth. Dome area and teeth looked good though. Still not a fan of the trophy look or the price either.

It looks nice..but not like a 2k piece.I don´t like that the details on the sides of the mouth are all molded in solid plastic.I think that looks like a bigger made head of an Kenner Action figure.They should make more seperate detailed parts on the moutharea..some tranparent ones?.They did that on the Alien Warriorheads..why not here?

Back