Alien Big Chap 1:1 bust Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hope that his wife will check that this bust does justice to this husband master-piece!! I really like the proto and I find it has not a very difficiult paint job (except the scull, but for this price, they should do their best!!!)

thanks again Alien for all of your help!!!

Thanks for those pics, I've never seen them before. I own one of those 1/2 scale signed Alien head display, it's really cool seeing those pictures.

---

I am loving this! Definitely hoping I can find one for a decent price down the once it's released. This design my favorite of the alien heads.

So long as you're putting questions to them, suggest a UK/European distributor as the prices are insane here.

absolutely, i was ready to drop on this as soon as i saw the US price, but then saw that Its going for about £2400 in the uk.. which how ever much i love this, no way.

INFORMATION UPDATE!
:)

Here's the answers from Coolprops to the questions :

Question.1 : The Giger's ALIEN Prototype Head has been approved by Giger's Estate, does this mean all 1000 production pieces will be same design and style as images shown on your website & sideshow?
Answer : That picture shown is the prototype however of course we will try our very best to be able to produce the production piece as close as the prototype.

Question.2 : Is the design finished with no further changes?
Answer : The design of the head itself is fixed as it is shown in the pictures. However, the stand or plate might differ in the production.

Question.3 : Will the dome remain transparent same as sideshow images?
Answer : The dome in the prototype picture is made from PET and will be the same in the production piece as the transparency and material.

Question.4 : Who is main distributor in Europe?
Answer : For the European distributor, we do not know which to be the main distributor, but if you can give me the country, i can give you the lists of the retailer or you can ask Sideshow for the further detail. They are our international distributor and they know all the shops where they carry our products i guess.

I did not pose the question about price in the UK as they are not responsible for what dealers choose to charge but the 4th questions was to find out if European collectors especially in the UK could purchase the bust from someone else other than Collectibles Direct (CDUK) who are overcharging for this piece!!

Coolprops seem happy to receive other questions but would not be able to answer them yet due to a national holiday.
Good to see Coolprops are responding well to questions.
ALIEN

INFORMATION UPDATE!
:)

Here's the answers from Coolprops to the questions :

Question.1 : The Giger's ALIEN Prototype Head has been approved by Giger's Estate, does this mean all 1000 production pieces will be same design and style as images shown on your website & sideshow?
Answer : That picture shown is the prototype however of course we will try our very best to be able to produce the production piece as close as the prototype.

Question.2 : Is the design finished with no further changes?
Answer : The design of the head itself is fixed as it is shown in the pictures. However, the stand or plate might differ in the production.

Question.3 : Will the dome remain transparent same as sideshow images?
Answer : The dome in the prototype picture is made from PET and will be the same in the production piece as the transparency and material.

Question.4 : Who is main distributor in Europe?
Answer : For the European distributor, we do not know which to be the main distributor, but if you can give me the country, i can give you the lists of the retailer or you can ask Sideshow for the further detail. They are our international distributor and they know all the shops where they carry our products i guess.

I did not pose the question about price in the UK as they are not responsible for what dealers choose to charge but the 4th questions was to find out if European collectors especially in the UK could purchase the bust from someone else other than Collectibles Direct (CDUK) who are overcharging for this piece!!

Coolprops seem happy to receive other questions but would not be able to answer them yet due to a national holiday.
Good to see Coolprops are responding well to questions.
ALIEN

Awesome work, those are some great answers! :clap :hi5:

. . . Coolprops seem happy to receive other questions but would not be able to answer them yet due to a national holiday.
Good to see Coolprops are responding well to questions . . .

Well done for doing this - nicely formatted for us as well - thank-you!
thumb2.gif
:duff

Would it be Mika at CoolProps you are in communication with? - SHE is AWESOME!

Well done for doing this - nicely formatted for us as well - thank-you!
thumb2.gif
:duff

Would it be Mika at CoolProps you are in communication with? - SHE is AWESOME!

Your welcome :wink1: .
The more we all know the better :) .

Yes, it was Mika, very helpful lady and gives good detailed replies.

Manu81, no i've not PO yet, currently getting some funds together.
Was the 15% discount in Europe?

ALIEN

Your welcome :wink1: .
The more we all know the better :) .

Yes, it was Mika, very helpful lady and gives good detailed replies.

Manu81, no i've not PO yet, currently getting some funds together.
Was the 15% discount in Europe?

ALIEN

Yeah Alien, in Spain;)

The prices here in germany are also a shock:

The cheapest is 2395 Euros...that are 2613 USD!!!!:slap:mad:

yeah! same here..but if you calculate shipping costs + taxes
..is more or less the same than otdering directly from SS:(

I just can't justify ordering this with that high a price without actually seeing it in person.

Yeah, in starting to think to go with the dog alien first to satisfy me until production is actually out in this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand you walls but i am afraid that if I wait until the bust is done I can loose the oportunity to get one. If I'm not satisfied I can always send it back. besides, PO now has a 15% off that in my case are aprox. 500€! for me it is worth it to do it now but I totaly understand you.
I can't not pass from this wonderful bigchap!!

I understand you walls but i am afraid that if I wait until the bust is done I can loose the oportunity to get one. If I'm not satisfied I can always send it back. besides, PO now has a 15% off that in my case are aprox. 500€! for me it is worth it to do it now but I totaly understand you.
I can't not pass from this wonderful bigchap!!

The PO has 15% off?

Back