Alien Big Chap 1:1 bust Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the shoulders on that fan sculpt and although the Cooprops offering would look great if it had shoulders I am glad it doesn't just for the size of it. Just the head is already a massive piece. I don't have room for something that big. That is a nice sculpt , side by side the Coolprops head is pretty damn nice and looks really close to me. As long as they get the skull paint right and the dome right it will be hard to mess this up. Its pretty much black.

I really hope sooo!! I really like that bust!!! I need it to be perfect!lol

I'm still holding out for this guy. Although 100% fan sculpt, it's gonna be awesome.

866_zpsxgigfmg5.jpg

Yeah, imagine this coolprops bust with a nice shoulder area and stand like that. I think I'd had to have robbed a bank ;)

Guy in England has been working on it for the past few years. Just do a search on 'bob the alien' on therpf.com

Who and what is that?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its already said. Leight ist working for years on Bob the Alien. and its getting better and better! I guess It will be the best sculpt out there when its done one day! Even though I like the new cool props bust. I guess its the best we 1:1 we have now. Japanese are great alien sculpters! the sano alien figure was perfect as well!

Its already said. Leight ist working for years on Bob the Alien. and its getting better and better! I guess It will be the best sculpt out there when its done one day! Even though I like the new cool props bust. I guess its the best we 1:1 we have now. Japanese are great alien sculpters! the sano alien figure was perfect as well!

Agree 100%
well worth the wait for Bob!

I'd really like to get this but...
1) the price is just too much....why are all the other busts $1,199 and this one $1,799? I mean, it's 2.36" longer...but that's a LOOOOT more money.
2) I don't like that it's LITERALLY just the severed head resting on what appears to be a gun rack. SS has the 1/2 size ones which I feel display a lot nicer. Though they're smaller, they have (as people have mentioned) shoulders and a sculpted base.
3) Do these teeth not look peculiar to anyone else?

This one will have lots of claims...because the dome is glued on the head.So you cannot correct some little paintingproblems that you can see under the dome.
It is very hard to produce this pieces perfect in a chinese factory.From what I see how bad the blue Aliens-Heads are..this one will be an adventure to order.
And the price is a lot to high for a sculpted piece and not a copy of an Originalprop.I think they laserscanned the small Giger Alien and printed this bust from that dates.:wink1:

1) the price is just too much....why are all the other busts $1,199 and this one $1,799? I mean, it's 2.36" longer...but that's a LOOOOT more money.
2) I don't like that it's LITERALLY just the severed head resting on what appears to be a gun rack. SS has the 1/2 size ones which I feel display a lot nicer. Though they're smaller, they have (as people have mentioned) shoulders and a sculpted base.
3) Do these teeth not look peculiar to anyone else?

Answer to number 1:

There is extra licensing involved with this, being that Giger's Estate is involved.

I have ordered this bust and I am very confident about the final result.
If I don't like it, I have 14 days to give it back.

An adventure would be to pass on this one and then regret no to order it when I had the chance.

A lot of money? Yeah it is, that's why I sold everithing in my colletion to aford this new bust.

I expect a high quality collectible at that price. Hope it will be awesome but if not if not, I will send it back to coolprops and I will have 2300€ in my account:)

I won't loose money and I am not loosing the oportunity of buying this.

I'm gonna order it but gonna wait till I pay off my Iron Giant Maquette. I need a 65" tv as well.

Maybe a couple of months. Then I'll order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have ordered this bust and I am very confident about the final result.
If I don't like it, I have 14 days to give it back.

An adventure would be to pass on this one and then regret no to order it when I had the chance.

A lot of money? Yeah it is, that's why I sold everithing in my colletion to aford this new bust.

I expect a high quality collectible at that price. Hope it will be awesome but if not if not, I will send it back to coolprops and I will have 2300€ in my account:)

I won't loose money and I am not loosing the oportunity of buying this.

Good luck. And it is 'lose' money and 'losing' the opportunity. :)

I agree on the price, I was 99% certain I'd be getting this guy, and looked forward to it's reveal for a long time, but it's too much money! Doubly so given the questionable quality we've seen coolprops delivery so far. Plus it's always worrying with big chap items especially as there's absolutely nothing you can do to fix the paint under the dome without major surgery.

As for the second point, we've seen lots of complaints about this being just a head. The thing is, this isn't a bust (despite what I named the thread lol) it's a prop and that is all it's ever claimed to be. In that sense it has succeed as it's arguably the most accurate big chap collectible we've ever seen. I'd love one of these. That said, I do whole heartedly agree with you that the Sideshow LSB's are more interesting, and have more life to them. They can't even begin to compare to this in terms of accuracy etc, and the production pieces were fairly dodgy (the Big chap more so) But what I wouldn't give for a couple of busts with the accuracy of this coolprops BC in the design style of these...

zH3A24K.jpg

Yeah I know, like I said, that style, with the accuracy of coolprops stuff. I do like them for what they are however.

That style - yes - but "let's release them random scales" - no :)

I shake my head every time I see these side-by-side.

I got the warrior first - loved it. Later got the big chap - loved it even more and still do.

But....side by side....what up there? At the moment I have them displayed on 2 different tiers of my besta case. It's still quite apparent to see the size difference but not as glaringly obvious as when they're side by side.

It made me wonder if in terms of the Canon, if they were supposed to be 2 different sizes as the 2 critters are sometimes thought of as being different castes. That's basically the only way I can reconcile this discrepancy in my own mind.

I do wish they were closer though. 100%.

I'm also in agreement that the level of detail in the props replica is higher. It's just not 1300$ better in my mind. Not an ounce of judgment against anyone with the means or desire to add this to their collection. If this was 800$ I'm certain I'd have made that purchase myself!

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

It made me wonder if in terms of the Canon, if they were supposed to be 2 different sizes as the 2 critters are sometimes thought of as being different castes. That's basically the only way I can reconcile this discrepancy in my own mind.

The warriors used the same basic head, so the dimensions were the same, or very similar on terms of length. They just removed the dome which may have made them slightly smaller. In terms of height, the warriors were actually slightly taller despite what most people believe. Well certain versions were anyway, the mechanical puppet have an extra set of ribs to account for this height. Basically, the Sideshow busts should be the same size. I can't say I notice too much any more, but I would prefer they were more similar for sure.

The warriors used the same basic head, so the dimensions were the same, or very similar on terms of length. The just removed the dome which may have made them slightly smaller. In terms of height, the warriors were actually slightly taller despite what most people believe. Well certain versions were anyway, the mechanical puppet have an extra set of ribs to account for this height. Basically, the Sideshow busts should be the same size. I can't say I notice too much any more, but I would prefer they were more similar for sure.
I know that's how they built the actual creature. King Kong was only 12" tall and covered in rabbit fur but on screen the presentation was quite different. [emoji6]

I haven't actually investigated the lore to quite that detail to know what the stats are on each. Buy I'll assume you're correct.

But they'd have looked a lot more imposing on my shelf were they the same size or at least closer to.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

I know that's how they built the actual creature. King Kong was only 12" tall and covered in rabbit fur but on screen the presentation was quite different. [emoji6]

I haven't actually investigated the lore to quite that detail to know what the stats are on each. Buy I'll assume you're correct.

But they'd have looked a lot more imposing on my shelf were they the same size or at least closer to.

Right, I see what you're getting at. But King Kong was clearly a scale model hence the micro machine bi planes etc that interacted with it. The xeno suits and puppets were 1:1 and interacted with real actors so don't need to be over thought in that manner. The Big Chap and Warriors were essentially the same size, with slight variation. I'm sure many of the graphic novels had different ideas, I'm talking Alien & Aliens.

Back