Alien 3 dio is up

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And, yet another addition to the collection this week. Wow, this is a great time to be an Alien fan.

Got my Sideshow Alien3 diorama. This is truly a beautiful piece. My second favorite, after the Alien dio. The paint work on the Alien and the base is fantastic.
And the sculpt itself, really shows off the form of this particular creature. Gives it a real sense of motion.

Lot's o' pics...

100_4405.jpg
100_4406.jpg

100_4407.jpg
100_4409.jpg

100_4413.jpg

100_4415.jpg

100_4416.jpg

100_4420.jpg

Awesome pics man! Thanks especially for this one:

Nice to see the comparison. It almost looks like the "Aliens" is in a slightly smaller scale than the other two. Is that the case in person, or is it just coming across that way in the photo?

Very nice man, very nice! Can't wait for A:R Dio. Then I gotta pick these up too!!

Hey Sick Boy - I wouldn't wait on these guys if you want 'em. The first one is already getting scarce and commanding higher than retail prices on the 'bay. The others have smaller edition sizes too, so it's very possible that they could end up being HTF in the future as well.

I've recently decided to put off some other things and get these guys now while I can!

Nice pics Sabres!!!!

You got the "W"s too! What the heck are those things? :monkey1

Yo Bardoon,
Maybe the "w's" are supposed to represent some kind of cracks in the skull? I can't think of any other explanation. Do they look recessed in person, or painted on?

They're painted on.

It's just supposed to be "detailing" for under the dome.

As good as the paint app is, remember, we're dealing with assembly line painting here. So, it's not going to be the best.

It's really not that noticeable in person. You've got to get right up on it to really see that.

Yo Bardoon,
Maybe the "w's" are supposed to represent some kind of cracks in the skull? I can't think of any other explanation. Do they look recessed in person, or painted on?

They are painted on....

They don't bug me, I just was like "WTF :google are those there for?" when I saw them...I thought maybe I got one that had some paint mess-up or some worker had messed with. So I am relieved to see that others have it as well.

I don't know if they are supposed to represent anything as they just look real odd...I don't know what the purpose behind them is supposed to be. Maybe it was some worker goofing off. :monkey1

All three of these are kickass.

I even decided to buy them for my office.

:)

Nice pics!

Aliens is my favorite movie of the series and I love the Warrior piece. Looks perfect.

Hell yeah! Very nice, probably my favorite line SSC is producing right now. Can't wait until my Aliens and Alien 3 show up!

Gruson,

Can you tell me what those two figures are in the bottom right of the image you posted? The two original looking aliens under cases, both with their heads down. They look awesome.

Thanks, Andrew

Those are Alien statues by Marmit.
Gruson's look like the '99 versions while mine is an '04 version.

bb.jpg

Know where I can find a place selling any Marmit Alien statues? :dunno :D

Oh, me too.

Just did a search on ebay and no hits. Never heard of these before, of course I'm new, but I want as many great original Alien pieces that I can find. And these look fantastic.

Any info on the edition sizes? How many different statues did they put out?

Thanks, Andrew

Good luck dudes. These are long out of production and few and far between.

There were basically 4 different versions of these statues. Two different "bowing" versions (Marmit B) and 2 different "attacking" versions (Marmit A).
These were released in Japan and were not made available to the U.S. market. You had to go through a Japanese dealer to get them.

--The first set, released in 1999, is the rarer set of course. It's main differences being a much darker paint app., fitted domes, and different bases (the A version has some blood splatter as well). The '99 Marmit A pose is also vastly different from the '04 A.

--The second set was released in 2004 to mark the 25th Anniv. of ALIEN.
This set features a more "brown" paint app., domes that just "sit" on the heads, and new "25th Anniversary" bases. Again, the sculpt of the '04 A version is very different from the '99 version.

They do pop up on Yahoo Japan auctions every once in a while. But be prepared to pay anywhere from $250 to $500 for them. Especially the '99 B.
The '99 Marmit B is considered a grail among many Alien collectors.

Some comparison pics...

'04 (on left) and '99 (on right) Marmit A's. Showing the color and sculpt differences.
marm99_04.jpg

Both '99 Marmit A&B. Compare these to the last 2 pics (mine) and you can see the color, the base, and the dome differences.

marm1999.jpg

My '04 Marmits.
bb.jpg

100_2584b.jpg

Last edited:
Back