Alamo Drafthouse Posters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah... my Mondo purchasing is gonna slow down significantly. I am certainly not stopping altogether... but my purchases will now be limited to only things that are purely awesome.

My next purchase will probably be Pan's Labyrinth from them... but I'm interested in the Uni Monsters too.

Last edited:
Mine won't change much. I'll be selective with them as I was before. Just hope things in the future are a bit easier than it was with Star Wars and if they do something like SW again they get smarter with bigger ES so these arent such a kick in the balls to get.

Woo-hoo! My Moss arrived today! :rock

sw_moss.jpg

I know a lot of you have already gotten your full sets so this isn't terribly exciting for you, but I'm thrilled. Looks great in person. Bring on that Stout Empire!

Actually, the frame itself is from Target but I happened to swap out the glass with another frame that I bought at Michael's. The Target frame was great as-is, I just wanted to display this particular image under glass instead of the acrylic covering it originally came with. It makes very little visual difference but it makes me feel better. :lol

Either way, you can get one at Target stores everywhere for $30.

My buddy got his Moss tube last week and let me have it first--he gets my set that still hasn't arrived. If it's lost or damaged, there will be harsh words between us when he asks for his set back. I'm sure the replacements are long gone by now--the main problem with being last on the shipping list.

Two things:

If the frames are 50% off and you get 25% off of that, you're not actually getting 75% off. It's more like 62.5% off. Still pretty good. :D

And the 25% off coupon is for your entire purchase of frames, so you can buy them all in one trip.

Doh! Wish knew this before just now and making three trips; it's alright, I got the best frame at each Michaels. Each came to ~$29 after tax, not bad for a $69.99 frame before tax. Still got to get the mattes, so pics delayed till that happens. I probably don't need mattes, but I think it gives it a nice finished look. These will just be a 1-inch border, haven't decided on color(s).

I found out my work buddy's buddy made $4,000 from the Stout posters over the weekend. Used 3 different addresses to get 2 variant sets and a regular set. . . and I'm still waiting to get word if Mondo can restore my order.

:angrycanu

Lord that annoys me. With the prices these are fetching, I honestly can't say that I blame someone for being tempted to sell them, but gaming the system to get multiple copies just to sell them sucks.

I found out my work buddy's buddy made $4,000 from the Stout posters over the weekend. Used 3 different addresses to get 2 variant sets and a regular set. . . and I'm still waiting to get word if Mondo can restore my order.

Wow, there are some stupid buyers on eBay. Those prints are nice, but not that nice. :cuckoo:

Lord that annoys me. With the prices these are fetching, I honestly can't say that I blame someone for being tempted to sell them, but gaming the system to get multiple copies just to sell them sucks.

Agreed. :lecture

Were you the one that told him about them to begin with?

Were you the one that told him about them to begin with?

This other dude's a scalper to begin with. That's why it's doubly frustrating. I was just having some water-cooler talk and next thing you know "Oh yeah, I told my buddy about it. He makes his living flipping stuff".

:slap:gah::slap

Indeed! Part of the game though.

Wow, there are some stupid buyers on eBay. Those prints are nice, but not that nice. :cuckoo:

No ____. I wanted them pretty bad but not bad enough for that.

This just seems like such a horrible sort of thing to get caught up in collecting. :lol I kinda feel bad for you guys who want future Alamo stuff. The random sell times, insane resale prices, and now twitter exclusivity just doesn't add up to a fun time.

My next purchase will probably be Pan's Labyrinth from them... but I'm interested in the Uni Monsters too.
I know there is a GdT line but have they announced or hinted at Pan's already? I've only seen HB2 so far. And I'm just glad that I'm not into Blade II. :D

The random sell times, insane resale prices, and now twitter exclusivity just doesn't add up to a fun time.
It sure doesn't! And I hate twitter, that's not helping with future purchases....

I know there is a GdT line but have they announced or hinted at Pan's already? I've only seen HB2 so far. And I'm just glad that I'm not into Blade II. :D

Yes, I believe they announced there will be a Pan's print for sure. But nobody has seen it yet or knows who the artist is. I can't wait!

Anybody get any notifications that their Stout posters shipped yet, because I haven't. I'd love to have my ESB poster by the end of the week. :panic:

Back