Alamo Drafthouse Posters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not that it's a huge deal but confirmation email, tweet saying no oversells, credit card charged, then sale voided equals pretty easy lawsuit to me. Hate to use the word lawsuit with something as trivial with posters but this is kind of getting ridiculous. You think they would have learned their lesson after the last fisiasco.

I don't think there was a fiasco this time. The cancellation was due to a member ordering a set AND each individual poster in the chaos of the ordering process. I think it's an isolated incident, no need to panic.

Not that it's a huge deal but confirmation email, tweet saying no oversells, credit card charged, then sale voided equals pretty easy lawsuit to me. Hate to use the word lawsuit with something as trivial with posters but this is kind of getting ridiculous. You think they would have learned their lesson after the last fisiasco.

:lol:lol:lol
If you are refunded what are you going to sue for? Because a mistake was made in a tweet.

Man talk about a bad day, I was about to order my Alamo RotJ poster this morning and next thing I know I wake up in the back of an ambulance. Just got home from the ER. My screen was on the confirm your order page. Needless to say I didn't get it adding insult to injury literally.

Damn, dude! I hope you're doing OK. Take it easy tonight! :wave

No.if you are charged and not refunded. Maybe I'm over reacting but this seems dejavu all over again.

The people who are getting orders canceled get refunded. These places oversell posters all the time. It is common practice.

The people who are getting orders canceled get refunded. These places oversell posters all the time. It is common practice.

Since you put it that way it's all good. Good to see all the people on eBay selling them for 1200 bucks didn't have their orders cancelled. I wonder if mondo is selling these behind false sellers for a huge markup.

Since you put it that way it's all good. Good to see all the people on eBay selling them for 1200 bucks didn't have their orders cancelled. I wonder if mondo is selling these behind false sellers for a huge markup.

I wouldn't blame them if they did.

Justin is a good man who cares about the fans and customers. He's not selling this stuff on eBay. They are double checking for errors and duplicates, and any cancellations or leftovers will be sold in the physical store location in Austin. At regular price.

Justin is a good man who cares about the fans and customers. He's not selling this stuff on eBay. They are double checking for errors and duplicates, and any cancellations or leftovers will be sold in the physical store location in Austin. At regular price.

It's just strange how one eBay seller has multiple prints..thought they were limited to one account. I got my print so icant complain..just hate seeing freaks lose out to scalpers..then to hear people defend those scalpers

It's just strange how one eBay seller has multiple prints..thought they were limited to one account. I got my print so icant complain..just hate seeing freaks lose out to scalpers..then to hear people defend those scalpers

People probably have accounts using work addresses and stuff like that. I imagine if you have a wife or friends willing to help out, it wouldn't be hard to get multiple copies.

I still wouldn't think any less of them if they did. Just like I hope Stout jacks up his prices when he sells his, since he definitely deserves it.

The last thing I would do is sue them. I just wish they would've canceled out the singles instead of canceling the order entirely. But I can understand why they did what they did, and honestly, I'm not that upset if they can't recall the order. It was kind of an impulse purchases as it is.

Phew, finally caught up with this thread.

Well, that was a great way to end the year............................NOT!
Sat in front of the computer all day, saw the prints the second they dropped, but the checkout took forever. :gah: Missed out on the Moss' too.
Hope I can score a Hellboy II in the future.

PS: hi swabie, hi tomandshell (I have a feeling you are dylansdad from EB, right?) :wave

Last edited:
PS: hi swabie, hi tomandshell (I have a feeling you are dylansdad from EB, right?) :wave

:wave:wave

Now that this Star Wars series is over and I have it completed... I can honestly say I'm relieved. It's been a long haul, lots of "work" and the end was pretty stressful. I think I'd have to rob a bank if it was continuing. My "poster" money is officially tapped out right now!

Went to Michaels and got my frame and ordered the Matte for my Jabba from Mondo---Thanks for advice---went with a tan matte

Good Choice Avfin. Mine is a tan matte too, bedt choice for those colors. I just forwarded the link proivded by someon earlier in the thread to my work:

https://mic.michaels.com/20101231WNAMUSLP.aspx?reg_source=MICWNAM1210&utm_source=MICWNAM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MICWNAM122310

I plan on buying six frames over the next 2-3 days... requiring six trips. Hell, when you can get them 75% off, I'll make several trips; luckily I can hit 3 diffrent stores if I plan my trip home accordingly (coupon is one per visit). The frames will be for my Moss and Stout sets

Two things:

If the frames are 50% off and you get 25% off of that, you're not actually getting 75% off. It's more like 62.5% off. Still pretty good. :D

And the 25% off coupon is for your entire purchase of frames, so you can buy them all in one trip.

Two things:

If the frames are 50% off and you get 25% off of that, you're not actually getting 75% off. It's more like 62.5% off. Still pretty good. :D

And the 25% off coupon is for your entire purchase of frames, so you can buy them all in one trip.

I did not know it was entire purchase---I need a frame for Jerry V CV print and a Otis Frampton Yoda

Greetings!!

:wave:wave

Now that this Star Wars series is over and I have it completed... I can honestly say I'm relieved. It's been a long haul, lots of "work" and the end was pretty stressful. I think I'd have to rob a bank if it was continuing. My "poster" money is officially tapped out right now!

This is exactly how I feel. The pace really picked up towards the end, and the stress level went through the roof. I think we got something like 12 Star Wars posters in the last month. My sanity and wall space were running out, and as much as I love my set, I'm happy to be looking forward to a more relaxed and casual 2011 when it comes to my Mondo hobby. Being a completist in any other series is out of the question, no matter what license they announce.

Back