Alabama Devastated By Severe Weather.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CLU

Super Freak
Reaction score
I haven't been on in almost 3 days was due to the weather that hit in my area of Alabama.I live in Walker County which is connected to Tuscaloosa. They were hit harder than us but we still lost electricity,home phone and cellular service and internet connections from
Wednesday morning up until just 2 hours ago.

We have black helicopters flying over all the time and the National Guard even has some troops patrolling the dark streets at night to stop looters because all businesses have been closed since Wednesday.

People are trying to get supplies and all stores have no power. Gas is also non existent and people are suffering and even though the power is back,the community is still in turmoil.
I'm posting some pictures of my neighborhood alone. I've been too busy taking care of my elderly and sick grandpa while the power was out to drive out and get pics of the greater devastation that surronds me.

My neighbor's yard.
011-20.jpg

004-35.jpg

For awhile all three roads leading out of my neighborhood either were flooded or had a tree blocking the way.
009-13.jpg

019-10.jpg

008-17.jpg

015-9.jpg

011-19.jpg

017-5.jpg

This four wheeler trail behind my house is what I used to walk to a grocery store that had no power but still had it's doors open so people could get supplies.
027-5.jpg

Thank God for these technicians,repair men and volunteers who are helping rebuild Alabama.
010-13.jpg

Last edited:
It's awful what has happened in the south. Our school is already collecting money for the Red Cross for it.

Yeah my parent's had about 15 big oaks fall on their property but all missed the house and cars. A lot of friends weren't so lucky but they are all alive and that's all that really matters.

I have family in Huntsville, and fortunately they didn't get hit too bad (just missing electricity at the moment). My thoughts are out to those folks who weren't so lucky. Having lived through multiple hurricanes in my day, I know how bad mother nature's wrath can be.

Wish all the best for those effected. I was blessed that it went just north of where I live in GA by a few miles. We got the outskirts of the storm but nothing as horrible as this.

Thoughts and prayers to all those affected by these storms.

10 feet left or right and the car would have been fine. I swear trees know exactly where to fall to crush a car. F'n mother nature.

That they do. We had a storm run through here a few weeks and dad ran a call on a guy who had one fall on his car and break his neck.

Thanks everybody for the kind words.Going to go volunteer later today with the cleanup.
Pics added.

Lots of these everywhere.
007-21.jpg

Local law firm.
001-25.jpg

003-31.jpg

Wow - such devastation. Glad to hear you and your family are ok Clu. My thoughts and prayers to all those affected by this. There sure seem to have been a lot of natural disasters lately. :(

i live in birmingham, alabama. if anyone on these boards lives in alabama and needs any help with anything please let me know. i am off tomorrow due to all the power outages throughout jefferson county schools so i am trying to find some where to help out that might have been forgotten or an area that may not have as much relief as some other areas.

Wow - such devastation. Glad to hear you and your family are ok Clu. My thoughts and prayers to all those affected by this. There sure seem to have been a lot of natural disasters lately. :(

It tends to go in cycles, plus these days you hear about every single one that happens, where in the "old days" that wasn't the case.

I'm just mentioning this because all the doomday people are out in force trying to say it's all because of God's wrath, end days, etc.

No.......____ just happens! :(

Went out to the Oakman/Mcullman area of Alabama today. It is a very rural area of Alabama that was hit hard by the storm. Donated a few cases of water,a bunch of first aid supplies and some flashlights.
I stayed for awhile to help load a few shipment of supplies to be distributed out to the area.

Here is a road where two houses in Mcullman once stood.
011-21.jpg

013-13.jpg

i live in birmingham, alabama. if anyone on these boards lives in alabama and needs any help with anything please let me know. i am off tomorrow due to all the power outages throughout jefferson county schools so i am trying to find some where to help out that might have been forgotten or an area that may not have as much relief as some other areas.

I was planning on heading out to another volunteer station tomorrow. I'm not far from you guys so if you want to meet up and help out let me know.

I was planning on heading out to another volunteer station tomorrow. I'm not far from you guys so if you want to meet up and help out let me know.

where are you heading tomorrow? if you want i can pm you my number or you can pm me yours. we are trying to get some stuff headed up for a trip to hackleburg, but that might not be tomorrow. let me know.

where are you heading tomorrow? if you want i can pm you my number or you can pm me yours. we are trying to get some stuff headed up for a trip to hackleburg, but that might not be tomorrow. let me know.

I was planning on going to Tuscaloosa. I can easily go to Hackleburg too.I have a chainsaw,tools and will also be picking up some more water.
Just gotta make sure I can find some gas because it is running out fast.

If anyone else here wants to donate please use this link from the Red Cross.
https://chapterneighborhood.wufoo.com/forms/online-donations-midalabama-chapter/
All counties listed on the page need help badly and some of the worst are Walker,Tuscaloosa and Cullman
Please donate whatever you feel you can. These people lost everything and are just looking for some aid.

I was planning on going to Tuscaloosa. I can easily go to Hackleburg too.I have a chainsaw,tools and will also be picking up some more water.
Just gotta make sure I can find some gas because it is running out fast.

If anyone else here wants to donate please use this link from the Red Cross.
https://chapterneighborhood.wufoo.com/forms/online-donations-midalabama-chapter/
All counties listed on the page need help badly and some of the worst are Walker,Tuscaloosa and Cullman
Please donate whatever you feel you can. These people lost everything and are just looking for some aid.

hey man i just send you a pm with some details in it.

Back