Alabama Devastated By Severe Weather.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A small town near me on Sand Mountain was completely devastated. I won't show pics because the EF4 killed 8 people including two children. My family lost two long family friends in that community when their house was gone, we couldn't find any part of their home or cars and across the street 3 were killed including a child. Bodies were everywhere, God be with them and their families :(. A friend of my Dad's is a 2 year combat veteran of Vietnam and said he never saw any bomb damage that did this much damage. A mobile home was ripped off the frame and looks like it exploded in a deep ditch behind the foundation while the frame was wrapped 360 around a large tree that was snapped off about 40 feet off the ground on the opposite side of the road. My Brother works for TVA in the Nuclear Power division and told me they had 89 high tension, very large steel towers, destroyed. They put out the call and it was great to see over 100 power trucks coming down interstate 59 to help two days ago.
My wife is a Wallace State student and stays down in Cullman on school days and she was almost hit by the second tornado that hit Cullman, about an eighth of a mile away. The first tornado hit Wallace State and it's a mess and closed until further notice. I saw an 18 wheeler upside down and twisted like a pretzel and a dump truck and a school bus also. The twister that hit on Sand Mountain came down into the valley and went right between my parents and nephews, they live 300 yards apart with a field in the middle. My dad and nephew saw it while standing outside and looked up into the debris field and saw wood, a roof, and tons of metal. It took out 8 very large oak trees which all fell in different directions and lifted as it hit the ridge behind their homes dumping debris for several miles past them. Today we found more shingles, 2x4's, tin roofing, and something lodged in one of the oaks we couldn't identify.
I have survived 4 Hurricanes living either right on the beach or living on an island and I have not seen damage this bad.
If you can help please do, we are helping each other and will build back but many don't have the money or insurance to help and FEMA is nowhere to be seen, but the American Red Cross was here the next day with water, food, cots, and a smile.
If you pray please do so for the families of the fallen and to give them strength to go on :pray:.

^ Sorry to hear that. My town suffered a loss of 19 from the outbreak. Sad to see such a large number of the dead in this state alone.
Also I love seeing the convoys of utility and service vehicles going down the road. Just goes to show you have quickly and efficiently everyone is acting.

Doomsday theorists are idiots.

I'll be posting some pics of the critical situation is Tuscaloosa soon. Gotta go sign my statement to release loans at the University Of Alabama in a couple weeks so I'll take the time to stop and snap some pics.

Some pics of the destruction still around a month later.

002-37.jpg

001-27.jpg

006-25.jpg

011-22.jpg

013-14.jpg

015-10.jpg

Guys, I'm just so sorry that this is happening around you. I wish that we didn't have such disasters but as it is so, all we can do is try to stick together and help our fellow man. We lack too much of that in this world. I wish I was able to be out there helping but since I can't be, my prayers truly are with you and everyone else.

Guys, I'm just so sorry that this is happening around you. I wish that we didn't have such disasters but as it is so, all we can do is try to stick together and help our fellow man. We lack too much of that in this world. I wish I was able to be out there helping but since I can't be, my prayers truly are with you and everyone else.

BuffyGirl, you're truly a shining star amongst a black sky. Definitely one of the nicer and more pleasant people on this site.

Can't imagine losing everything you own and dwelling. I would probably get everything I can get from home insurance and rebuild the house with own my barehand; with some equipment of course.

*Hey, have anyone seen Forest Gump?*

Can't imagine losing everything you own and dwelling. I would probably get everything I can get from home insurance and rebuild the house with own my barehand; with some equipment of course.

*Hey, have anyone seen Forest Gump?*

Yes I've seen Forest Gump. Why do you ask?

Back