AH! Tomb Raider: Lara Croft & The Guardian of Light PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: AH! Lara Croft: Tomb Raider Premium Format

I just called Sideshow they said this should be shipped this Friday.

From chat:

me: What is going on with the Lara Croft PF? I was charged early last Thursday (almost a week ago) and have not received any shipping notification.
Just a moment...
Sideshow Mike: hi there, sorry about the delay
due to the weather at port, the item delivery was delayed
me: When is it expected in?
Sideshow Mike: we are anticipating receiving these anyday and appreicate your patience
me: is she expected this week?
Sideshow Mike: she is
me: ok
that is good
I do have one other question, though, regarding the situation.
Why is it, that you guys cannot let customers know of a situation like this, even after you have charged people? I have to contact you to find out what is going on.
Sideshow Mike: Sorry, about that, we sent out delay notices for several items that we have to wait for the freight company to confirm before we can say anything
unfortunately they were late on telling us
me: Ok
Well, in the future, I know your customers like myself, would appreciate being informed of delays like this.
Thank you for your information.
Sideshow Mike: thank for your feedback

From chat:

me: What is going on with the Lara Croft PF? I was charged early last Thursday (almost a week ago) and have not received any shipping notification.
Just a moment...
Sideshow Mike: hi there, sorry about the delay
due to the weather at port, the item delivery was delayed
me: When is it expected in?
Sideshow Mike: we are anticipating receiving these anyday and appreicate your patience
me: is she expected this week?
Sideshow Mike: she is
me: ok
that is good
I do have one other question, though, regarding the situation.
Why is it, that you guys cannot let customers know of a situation like this, even after you have charged people? I have to contact you to find out what is going on.
Sideshow Mike: Sorry, about that, we sent out delay notices for several items that we have to wait for the freight company to confirm before we can say anything
unfortunately they were late on telling us
me: Ok
Well, in the future, I know your customers like myself, would appreciate being informed of delays like this.
Thank you for your information.
Sideshow Mike: thank for your feedback

I am indeed curious about which customers who ordered whatever items got contacted. I love how he deflected to several items but not not Lara.

Yep, basically an apology, an excuse, a deflection and a thank you for my feedback, which won't change anything with them or be used in the future.

Yep, basically an apology, an excuse, a deflection and a thank you for my feedback, which won't change anything with them or be used in the future.

You got it. They are schooled in the right things to say to pretty much ignore anything you ask.

This kind of "customer service" from Sideshow really makes me appreciate companies like CS Moore sooo much more. Now, that is a company with top not customer service!!! :)

I am indeed curious about which customers who ordered whatever items got contacted. I love how he deflected to several items but not not Lara.

zartan was one, they charged my cc last week and it just shipped today. But they did send out an email saying there will be delays even though cc will start charging etc..

i think all shipments that are schedule to ship this last 2 weeks are impacted.

overall i wouldnt be too hard on mike, he and daniel are two of the good ones over there that took care of things.

Lets just hope when this do arrives, it has no QC issues...

Why you take so long to arrive?!:gah:
I really want to see in hand pics so I can decide whether or not to get her.

I am a little confused at how hard people are being on this company. No company is perfect. Would you rather be with GG and get charged now and have a Gift come a year later ?

Or a Bowen ? How about Mondo ? The list goes on.

Be reasonable. These things happen.

The Zartan was one, The Joe Ninja is another piece.

I know we can throw darts at them over it, but it's not like we are not getting it.

Even when you buy something from a e-tailer, you will be charged today, and it could be a few weeks before it shipped.

As a person who takes credit cards, we can run your card today, and the fund can still be denied three days later during transfer. Don't think for a second that companies don't build that into their approach. But we know Sideshow is not like that.

It happens. I know the anxious desire for the piece fuels the outrage, but being real.. it happens... if you don't like the idea, cancel for a refund... But I think they have a track record that we can allow them this one. It's not like you won't have to pay for it anyway people.

Looks like she actually shipped today. I received a FedEx notice for her and will probably receive the other 3 e-mails about the order from SSC later tonight. Says she should arrive next Tuesday the 24th.

Last edited:

I think I may have just received my shipping notice for Lara. I wasn't sure what it was at first, because Sideshow normally always ships to me UPS, but this is FedEx.

Estimated delivery is Wednesday the 25th.

I think I may have just received my shipping notice for Lara. I wasn't sure what it was at first, because Sideshow normally always ships to me UPS, but this is FedEx.

Estimated delivery is Wednesday the 25th.

I was confused about the FedEx thing too considering I've never gotten anything shipped via FedEx from them. SSC is using FedEx to ship my Angel Ex Comiquette as well. Wonder why the change:dunno

I was confused about the FedEx thing too considering I've never gotten anything shipped via FedEx from them. SSC is using FedEx to ship my Angel Ex Comiquette as well. Wonder why the change:dunno
Me either, in all my years with them. So I was like...wtf did SSC send me. Haha. But I figured it had to be Lara.

I received my FedEx shipping notice for the Lara Croft and Han Solo in Carbonite PF's. This is the first SSC shipment I've gotten using them. Maybe the issues with recent PF's being damaged has prompted the change.... A lot of broken Stormtrooper PF's out there.

They use Fedex for a lot of their international shipping.

Can't wait till you guys post some pics!

I received my FedEx shipping notice for the Lara Croft and Han Solo in Carbonite PF's. This is the first SSC shipment I've gotten using them. Maybe the issues with recent PF's being damaged has prompted the change.... A lot of broken Stormtrooper PF's out there.

It's been kind of a mixed bag. They shipped my Ultron PF FedEx, which turned out to be broken. So I had to send it back, but they gave me a UPS label. Then they sent the replacement by UPS. I've gotten some FedEx and some UPS since then.

Back