AH DC Line (Pictures from NYCC)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's even worse when people take their own opinion and project to encompass a lot more people than it applies to.

Of those things you mention above, ultimately only Bruce Lee fits into your hypothesis.

Agreed, I really don't know anyone who thought the Indy PF was "sub par".

Yeah, we all know acurate Sideshow is on all their pieces. :rolleyes:

It's not like they ever released an inferior product.

Namor, Moria Orc, Bruce Lee, Galadriel, Aragorn, Gandalf,...

Indy PF's whole jacket...

....that's just what I can think of off the top of my head that's come out in the last year. Sure some people may have liked some of those pieces but most thought they were subpar or had major problems.

My point, every company has highs and lows. Stop drinking that SS Kool Aid. :D

I was referring to the paint detail. I looked at how SS did a great job painting the webbing on the Spiderman 3 releases. So, fishnet stockings would be easy for them to do. I was not referring to the switcheroo or production issues they ran into with mixed media. I can see though how it's possible to construe my statement as that though. So, please refrain from referring to me as imbibed with the SS Kool-Aid.

Regardless I'm looking forward to these DCD statues. I have yet to find something to collect in DC's male superheroes.

Well I'd like to take a stab at steering this thread back on course. So, if there are no more Adam Hughes covers that can serve as statues, it's only a matter of time before DC turns to their AH! stand in Terry Dodson, After all this line is called "woman of the DC universe" and not "Adams Hughes's version of women of the DCU". What I'd like to see is the line take a page out of the Batman B&W line and give us different artists interpretation of female DCU icons.

Not sure they would do Dodson line after the AH! covers are over, Dodson is over at Marvel not and not sure if his contract covers any new statues but who knows with DCD they march to their own tune.

Just wish the Green Lantern PF didn't have Ch'p :(

Evan

Not sure they would do Dodson line after the AH! covers are over, Dodson is over at Marvel not and not sure if his contract covers any new statues but who knows with DCD they march to their own tune.

Just wish the Green Lantern PF didn't have Ch'p :(

Evan

As has been pointed out, DCD doesn't need the involvement of the artist to create 3D items based on the 2D art they did under contract to DC.

Cat woman is the only one I am interested currently, not sure if they are doing anymore.

She's the only one I'm going to get...though I think the others look fantastic as well. I have an AH Cat Woman print (it's also my avatar) and that statue will look awesome displayed next to it.

Just pre-ordered from Razor's Edge....October seems so far away. :monkey2

She's the only one I'm going to get...though I think the others look fantastic as well. I have an AH Cat Woman print (it's also my avatar) and that statue will look awesome displayed next to it.

Just pre-ordered from Razor's Edge....October seems so far away. :monkey2

Haha I know, it sucks. I preorder from BBTS only because they are in wisconsin so I get my stuff like second day for dirt cheap.

Aside from the facial expression, that's pretty close to the bust they already did.

But I'm all for more in this series.

There are differences. Arms down on the cover, arms up in the bust. I think the cape on the cover looks looks like an homage to Batman's cape in one of Ross' Batman paintings that was made into a statue. And so on. More than enough differences for a full body statue, especialy coming from a company that is starting to release so many repaints. At least I hope so.

Adam is doing a total of 6 covers for Powergirl. I hope DC Direct waits to see what else he does, before jumping in and sculpting this one. Better images may come along.

Adam is doing a total of 6 covers for Powergirl. I hope DC Direct waits to see what else he does, before jumping in and sculpting this one. Better images may come along.

Well they could always make more than one statue of PG. Wouldn't that be nice? :D

Looks like the Black Canary will have the fishnets afterall... :monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

11976_a_full.jpg

Cover Girls of the DC Universe: Black Canary Statue

Back