AH Comiquette-Black Queen-Sold out, waitlist available

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The next AH Comiquette-Black Queen up NOW.

Storm would be an interesting one just going by Allison's comments. If Adam is truly using the "Classic" looks from when he was reading she'll either look like this:

storm10.jpg

or like this:

SDCC_Storm_Mohawk_Bust_2.jpg

Should be interesting to see where he goes with it...

The first picture looks fine to me, a little different, but the second one I'm not too sure about. If it was made based off that one, I'm not sure what my decision would be on getting it. For me even is she's in a completely different outfit than I'm used to it would be okay, as long as her hair is basically the same as in that first pic, it would be fine. But that second one......I'm not really sure. Just my opinion though.

Wow, I can't believe how many pages this thread got to since the ordering started. I still stand by my original opinion...the nose looks fine. You have to wonder how many people would critique the sculpt or paint if they were face to face with the artists. My guess would be they'd shell out there $$ and move along, never even voicing their complaints. Honestly, if they did say something, they deserve to be smacked :)

I have to agree with DarthSaffron's comments. People forget that as great as this forum community is, we're still only representing a very small percentage of the buyers. Most people aren't that critical of these collectibles and probably also don't make a hobby out of it. I have to agree that 2D art doesn't always translate 100% to 3D, probably moreso with AH. What works in 2D may also NOT work in 3D. It is definitely an artistic interpretation. If you don't like it, don't buy it. There are lots more important things to spend your energy on.

Ive gotta say that not only is Adam's work amazing, but this comiquette line is as well. I like every single one produced thus far. I think they have done a great job with the sculpts and translating his work off the page and into our collections.

The Black Queen may be one of my favs because I think the face and nose are really well done myself and the pose is excellent. An edition size of 850 is less than any of the other comiquettes in the line so I think the Exclusive edition is great in this case for the fans and collectors. As far as if his next pick in the series will be she hulk or storm or any of the others- Im pretty sure Im going to like it if it has Adam's art as a guideline behind the project. Ill buy for sure and half the fun is the surprise, the other is the anticipation of getting it. Once you do, its right on to the next. A vicious cycle that I thoroughly enjoy. :)

ps- I wish Adams version of Power Girl was in the Marvel universe

Storm would be an interesting one just going by Allison's comments. If Adam is truly using the "Classic" looks from when he was reading she'll either look like this:

storm10.jpg

or like this:

SDCC_Storm_Mohawk_Bust_2.jpg

Should be interesting to see where he goes with it...

The first one all the way. Although I wouldn't mind it done in pearl white.

6827_press01-001.jpg

Simply too sexy for my collection. I passed out from lack of
brain blood the first time I saw it. ;)

Remember Allison said that Adam uses the look of the comics he read as a kid. The Pearl White Storm was a Jim Lee inversion in the early 90s. That costume has the longest shot of being made unless Marvel forces the issue. Personally I haven't see many Storms done in the first image I posted which is right from the Giant Size X-Men era and give it the Adam Hughes treatment it'd be amazing....of course Adam would have to remember that she needs booty as well, someting that he hasn't been too generious with :lol

Question: Pupils or no Pupils? Which would you prefer.

I think I would like to see her with pupils, but then again....I feel I am in the minority of those who do not want to see a storm made just yet.

I loved the light blue cat eyes she was originally drawn with. I cannot recall if in those early John Byrne issues if her pupils disappeared when she used her powers or not...

no pupils. That pic is how I remember storm.

Edit: although may look weird on a statue and not carry over well from printed page to polystone medium.

I was just over on John Byrne's website; he seems to draw her with and without, kind of randomly. Pages and covers of her using powers; pupils and no pupils. Pages and covers with her not using powers? Pupils and no pupils. There's even a note at the bottom of the second page saying "Storm's pupils come and go".

XHY06.00.jpg

XHY06.06.jpg

Visible pupils would depend on whether she is using her power at the time. BTW I have not interest in Storm. We already have enough X-men women. Time for some others please.

Back