AH coffee table book in order.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ill Jedi;

I think the suggestion is that Sideshow do a book based on the statue line. It could reproduce the lithos, include all the sketch art, maybe some of the declined sketches, and really nice photos of the statues themselves.

This WOULD be possible; if Sideshow got approval from Marvel...
Ahhhh, okay...

Then what the hell are you waiting for! :D

This is what I originally meant when I PM'd you regarding an art book, please get the ball rolling on this, I'll buy you and Adam drinks at SDCC if you make it happen! :duff

P.S. It has to be HARDCOVER!

wouldn't it piss off people who bought the exclusives for the prints?
No, the prints are larger and much better quality than the printed pages of a book.

Ahhhh, okay...

Then what the hell are you waiting for! :D

This is what I originally meant when I PM'd you regarding an art book, please get the ball rolling on this, I'll buy you and Adam drinks at SDCC if you make it happen! :duff

P.S. It has to be HARDCOVER!

No, the prints are larger and much better quality than the printed pages of a book.
DarthSaffron said:
I agree, SS does have a really nice quality for printed items. But with the line still ongoing, it seems to me that doing a book at this stage would be pre-mature. It should happen when the line is done (if it ever ends?) or when more of the statues are competed. We've really only seen 6 statues with a 7th hinted at.

Drinks will have to wait. I don't think its worth doing this too soon; there just won't be enough statue related artwork.

Drinks will have to wait. I don't think its worth doing this too soon; there just won't be enough statue related artwork.
Oh I can wait, I'll just feel better knowing that it's in the works. :)

P.S. You guys can also throw in some original art that is not based on the statues right? Maybe some of the unused concepts as well? :monkey3

Oh I can wait, I'll just feel better knowing that it's in the works. :)

P.S. You guys can also throw in some original art that is not based on the statues right? Maybe some of the unused concepts as well? :monkey3

Nothing will be "in the works" at this early date. And unused concepts are unlikely to be approved for publication in a book if they were turned down for use as a statue. We'd have to see.

Ill Jedi;

I think the suggestion is that Sideshow do a book based on the statue line. It could reproduce the lithos, include all the sketch art, maybe some of the declined sketches, and really nice photos of the statues themselves.

This WOULD be possible; if Sideshow got approval from Marvel. What isn't possible is Adam and I doing a book. We don't own the licenses to any of the characters Adam draws, and we couldn't afford to buy it. Sideshow has a Marvel license already.

THAT would be a cool book to have on my coffee table. Sideshow, in the words of Jean-Luc Picard, "Make it so."

Back