'Age of Ultron' Director's Cut? (Speculation Ahead)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just wish they'd release this film with all the cut/extended scenes done so that I could cut it properly. I've tried it with what they've released but the quality of those is too raw and takes you out of experience, kinda like watchin' that infamous leaked version of "Origins: Wolverine".

I thought the original cut of Rogue One had them (or at least Felicity) survive as she had sequel clauses in her contract. And then when they did the re-shoots, that's when they took the decision to kill everyone. Who knows! What we ended up with in theatres last december I liked so whatever they did, they did it right!

I thought the original cut of Rogue One had them (or at least Felicity) survive as she had sequel clauses in her contract. And then when they did the re-shoots, that's when they took the decision to kill everyone. Who knows! What we ended up with in theatres last december I liked so whatever they did, they did it right!

According to Gareth Edwards Felicity surviving never survived past the early script stage. They never filmed her getting off Scarif. From what I assume based on the trailer footage is that originally Jyn, Cassian, and K-2 had an easier time getting the plans (you see them all running down the corridor with dozens of troopers in pursuit and Jyn is carrying the plans,) then the entire team meets outside for an "Avengers"-style hero moment as they race across the beach, dodging AT-AT fire. Krennic seemed to have originally joined the battle with his troops (shot of him wading through water approaching the shore) and then I'm guessing that the Death Troopers destroyed Rogue One instead of a Shoretrooper which forced Jyn to head for the uplink tower.

and that shot of the TIE fighter staring her down on the tower too.

Yeah, supposedly that hovering TIE was just a visual effects test but even in the finished film that catwalk ended up getting destroyed by a passing TIE Striker so who knows how it really went down originally.

It's amazing that they assembled old and new pieces so seamlessly into such a spectacular finished work.

I give Edwards props for not going ape**** when they took it away from him (Trank, Whedon).

At the same time, I think he's too political. Some of the stuff he's been saying in interviews is straight up bull****. But hey, even if he was being honest about what really happened behind the scenes, Disney would never let his cut see the light of day.

Just go to YouTube and look up stock footage of dudes in hot tubs and people hanging out on farms. After watching that for about two hours you'll have basically seen Whedon's AoU director's cut.

Hope this directors cut actually makes ultron a menacing creepy robot and not some sarcastic bumbling emotional idiot. If not then pass.

Hope this directors cut actually makes ultron a menacing creepy robot and not some sarcastic bumbling emotional idiot. If not then pass.

Yeah, its incredible how great Vision was but how awful Ultron was.

Back