After Earth

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw the trailer and it gave me no reason to be interested. I'm sick of Will using his fame to shoehorn his son into roles.

His ego seems prevalent in every movie of his lately, most of his roles seem to be movies of just him most of the time with hardly any supporting characters getting screentime

My teacher who works with m night said he's not a bad guy and that he gets angry when the studio ruins his work. The last airbender was supposed to be longer but the studio cut it down. Anyway hope this is good.

Saw the trailer and it gave me no reason to be interested. I'm sick of Will using his fame to shoehorn his son into roles.

His ego seems prevalent in every movie of his lately, most of his roles seem to be movies of just him most of the time with hardly any supporting characters getting screentime
If you were a famous actor and had a son who wanted to act as well, would you not try to get him into your next father/son sci-fi adventure film? :dunno
And seriously? Because he plays the main character in a film, he's an egotistical *******?
Not to mention the only movie he's been in since 2008 was Men in Black 3, which he co-starred with Josh Brolin.

Talk about grasping at straws.

If you were a famous actor and had a son who wanted to act as well, would you not try to get him into your next father/son sci-fi adventure film? :dunno
And seriously? Because he plays the main character in a film, he's an egotistical *******?
Not to mention the only movie he's been in since 2008 was Men in Black 3, which he co-starred with Josh Brolin.

Talk about grasping at straws.

Agreed! I hate when people complain about him getting his son roles in a movie. I mean come on what father wouldn't do that? I sure as hell would. Honestly his personality is why I love his movies. Bad Boys has to be one of my favorite action films and that's because of his cocky attitude which he has a lot in movies. Yet people seem to hate him, because of it :dunno

My teacher who works with m night said he's not a bad guy and that he gets angry when the studio ruins his work. The last airbender was supposed to be longer but the studio cut it down. Anyway hope this is good.

I'm sure he is a great guy and he has made a couple of good movies. but I don't care how long The Last Airbender was supposed to be no extra time would have fixed that movie. :monkey2

Even with his cocky attitude in films, most of his characters are supposed to be kind-hearted people. And from everything I've seen of him in real life he seems like a very nice, down to earth guy.

One of my favorite actors.

Even with his cocky attitude in films, most of his characters are supposed to be kind-hearted people. And from everything I've seen of him in real life he seems like a very nice, down to earth guy.

One of my favorite actors.

he really seems nice. I like him a lot too I am not tired or Will yet.

If his son was good he'd audition for roles and get them and build himself a career, his Dad seems to want him to get it handed to him.

Of all his most recent films aside from MIB3, Hancock, I Am Legend, Pursuit of Happiness i can't think of any other people getting much screentime.

He maybe a nice guy, but a movie needs other people as much as the star, his knack for choosing roles where it's mostly just him on screen seems an egotistical "look at me, look at me" attitude :dunno

I canmt think of any other actors who pretty much only take roles where it's just him almost all of the time

And other child actors need to audition for the job why shouldn't his son?

If his son was good he'd audition for roles and get them and build himself a career, his Dad seems to want him to get it handed to him.

Of all his most recent films aside from MIB3, Hancock, I Am Legend, Pursuit of Happiness i can't think of any other people getting much screentime.

He maybe a nice guy, but a movie needs other people as much as the star, his knack for choosing roles where it's mostly just him on screen seems an egotistical "look at me, look at me" attitude :dunno

I canmt think of any other actors who pretty much only take roles where it's just him almost all of the time

And other child actors need to audition for the job why shouldn't his son?

that's true but I guess he is one of those actors (like Clooney) that you just like. Even if they don't do good movies or if they are a little pretentious. Is like whatever George Clooney does even if he sucks just him being in the movie is cool to see.

Says who? How do you know he doesn't audition for roles? His son is a young actor. Just because you see him in a movie doesn't mean Will Smith pulled a bunch of strings to get him there. :cuckoo:

Do you read what you type? :lol

You're telling me that this man is arrogant and egotistical because four years ago he was in three movies where he played a main character. That is absolutely ridiculous.

If a film is centered around one person, a main character, it's not Will Smith's fault. And you say "his knack for choosing roles" as if he's in a **** ton of movies and he's the only actor in them. Go check his IMDB page. He's only acted in a handful of movies. And he just took four years off. That's the true definition of an attention whore right? :slap

And if he did choose a role where he plays the last man on Earth, so ****ing what? In no way does that make him selfish or egotistical.

I'm guessing you have some silly personal vendetta against him for whatever reason because the issues you're complaining about are pretty irrational and well, non-existent.

Will Smith is one of my favorite actors too. Met the man in real life and he is easy to talk to and just a delight. He didn't act like he was better than everyone and he really just seems to legit appreciate people. I honestly don't know how people dislike the guy. From a guy who started and launched a career without a single acting class, he's proven that he can be an impressive actor as well as box-office draw. I don't see how people can blame him for picking his roles when these money-hungry studios are throwing whatever they can at hie just to get him in a movie because all his films break the $100 million domestic BO. Blame them. He's making a living and the few of his films I did not like were not because of his acting.

Honestly, the man makes Hollywood look good. And I think his son is a very solid actor (and under his wing has great potential). I loved his son in Pursuit of Happyness and Karate Kid. I honestly don't know any child actors that made me feel like they can do those roles better. And anybody who has ever heard Will Smith's motivational interviews/rants should have a strong admiration for him. More people should have his outlook and positive impact.

To me, and this isn't directed at Nova, but I just have this stigma that people who don't like Will Smith are just miserable people.

Not sure I'm going to be seeing this. I don't care much for Will Smith. I can't stand his son and with M. Night directing it, I know I'll probably be let down in the end. It LOOKS like a cool film, but.......don't know.

Just my 2 cents. No offense to the Smith family fans.

I watched this trailer and the one for that Tom Cruise's Oblivion and it got me wondering why is it that everything in the modern s-f movies looks so new? It takes all the realism from these films. If you look at Alien films, Star Wars, Dune, Blade Runner, all the enviorments look lived in. In the trailers for these new films everythig from costumes to ships looks like it just came out of the factory. Makes the movies look like cartoons not live action.

The car washes of the future are AWESOME!!!! :lol

Back