advice for new york

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've lived here all my life- go to Pacha for crazy nightclub-ness.

https://www.pachanyc.com/

Ignore the advice about staying away from Canal Steet- there's lots of good food to be had and Elizabeth Center has some interesting stuff in it, including 1/6th figures. If you're taking the train you can take the N,R,Q,6 etc. to Canal and then walk to Elizabeth and Canal- make a right and ask somebody where it is. There is also a store in Chinatown next to the arcade and directly across from the Roman Catholic church that, as far as I know, has the best supply of 1/6th related stuff. As for fun, ignore the touristy _____ and just go to St. Marks. They've got great food and lots of cool stuff.

Oh, you can try Webster hall for something nightlifey, as well. It's close to Union Square- just go to Union sq and somebody will be able to tell you where Webster is- I forget the exact address.

Last edited:

Ignore the advice about staying away from Canal Steet- there's lots of good food to be had and Elizabeth Center has some interesting stuff in it, including 1/6th figures. If you're taking the train you can take the N,R,Q,6 etc. to Canal and then walk to Elizabeth and Canal- make a right and ask somebody where it is. There is also a store in Chinatown next to the arcade and directly across from the Roman Catholic church that, as far as I know, has the best supply of 1/6th related stuff. As for fun, ignore the touristy _____ and just go to St. Marks. They've got great food and lots of cool stuff.

Oh, you can try Webster hall for something nightlifey, as well. It's close to Union Square- just go to Union sq and somebody will be able to tell you where Webster is- I forget the exact address.

now you re talking!!!!!!!:banana:banana

hey ece...hit the bars and make sure its the bars with stripper poles in them...but if you are going to hit up a Comic Shop go to Midtown Comics. :rock

Yup!! They got an awesome pizza place there and you can get a bong for like 5-10 bucks! ....oh yeah and it's a nice walk too!:rolleyes:

Dont buy any tickets for sporting events off scalpers, they sell alot of fakes

thanks!!i was looking to buy tickets for nba ...anyone knows if i can buy online tickets??do they sell out fast??

thanks!!i was looking to buy tickets for nba ...anyone knows if i can buy online tickets??do they sell out fast??

Thats exactly what I got duped, more like forced into, stay away from the shady people near MSG, try ebay or stub hubs for Knicks tickets

OMG!!!How can we forget the number one rule!

Wear comfortable shoes!!! There's a lot of walking in NYC!

How long exactly are you staying!? A week is not enough to truly experience NYC IMO.:lecture
i know...but i can do anything about that..:lol:lol

Thats exactly what I got duped, more like forced into, stay away from the shady people near MSG, try ebay or stub hubs for Knicks tickets
thanks !is there a site in which i can their programm???
OMG!!!How can we forget the number one rule!

Wear comfortable shoes!!! There's a lot of walking in NYC!

what kind of shoes??please dont tell me converse all star..please..

what kind of shoes??please dont tell me converse all star..please..

Well....the best kind of shoes are walking shoes.

Make sure they got good support for you arches and stuff like that.

A good tip is to get shoes that are one size bigger than your regular size so that ur feet have breathing space.

Also, wear socks that have good traction so you feet won't be gliding in there as much.

If ur blister prone like I am, a good solution is to put Vaseline in between you toes so they won't rub against each other and the sock.

And if you want to go the extra mile, u can wrap you toes in mole skin or athletic tape.

And converse are the worst if your gonna do heavy walking, cuz they do have arch support.

Well....the best kind of shoes are walking shoes.

Make sure they got good support for you arches and stuff like that.

A good tip is to get shoes that are one size bigger than your regular size so that ur feet have breathing space.

Also, wear socks that have good traction so you feet won't be gliding in there as much.

If ur blister prone like I am, a good solution is to put Vaseline in between you toes so they won't rub against each other and the sock.

And if you want to go the extra mile, u can wrap you toes in mole skin or athletic tape.

And converse are the worst if your gonna do heavy walking, cuz they do have arch support.
thanks but you are talking like i am going to war bud!:lol:lol:lol

Wow, this thread is helpful for when I'm in NYC at the end of the year. Most notably the advice of wearing comfortable shoes; didn't really think of all the walking that would be involved. Cheers! :rock

Wow, this thread is helpful for when I'm in NYC at the end of the year. Most notably the advice of wearing comfortable shoes; didn't really think of all the walking that would be involved. Cheers! :rock
U'll thank me later! ;)
When are u going.....I'm thinking about going at the end of the year too!! I would be awesome if we met up!:rock

Back