Advanced Bruce Lee body from Hot Toys !

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GungFu

Super Freak
Reaction score
This was just posted on Hot Toy's Facebook page:

228538_10150182509602344_58690437343_7186146_8314451_n.jpg

(please feel free to post bigger and better image as I only got this on FB)

Ya beat me by 3 minutes!

The Advanced Bruce Lee Body is being developed now!
AdvancedBruceLeeBody.jpg

lol ht really wanna EB close their business

LOL I was just thinking the same thing.. funny they should announce these things after EB..

So does any1 think this is a similar concept to EB's GoD figure? Different medium (ie. rubber "contractable"/less seams/) and more realistic?

:lol:lol:lol
Is HT THAT desperate putting EB out of business?

Good for us though,this means more Bruce Lee's coming from HT and im pretty sure it's game of death even if i hope it's Big Boss.

The good news as well is for those who missed out on the EX, i know it's not the same thing, but another good reason if they wanted to pick this body up

(or maybe it's for new BL figure nvm)

The Hot Toys body is great the way it is.
I don't want a Bruce Lee body that might rip, tear, or rot in a year. Hey it might even piss out oil for all we know?

I wonder what this is for though?

Do Enterbay not have exclusive rights to the Hong Kong movies?
DX Enter the Dragon 2 - MMA costume and blue costume from start of the movie? :)

Could this be for more 'casual' Bruce Lee's (non-movie) ?
..there are a few famous photos of him in Hong Kong shirtless and with a goatee - that sculpt is top of my Arnie Kim wishlist...

Will HT actually sell this as a stand alone item so all the recent DX (and casual) buyers will grab at least one of these?

Also, its strange they announce this before the casual and suited version is even out (only the first HK VIP batch of casual is out not wide release) as it could negatively affect orders on those two figures. Based on that alone, it seems to me the timing of this little pic on Facebook is specifically designed to mess with Enterbay's GoD sales.

So many questions :D

The Hot Toys body is great the way it is.
I don't want a Bruce Lee body that might rip, tear, or rot in a year. Hey it might even piss out oil for all we know?

Yep,the way the bodies have been lately are perfect.Thin Rubber layer over plastic,with shoulder and elbow joints.This one might look more realistic but the articulation on pure rubber bodies sucks big time unless HT does something new and better.

But now that they are developing a new body i hope they tone down the biceps a bit,Bruce Lee never had that big biceps.

This will look awesome posing Bruce with no shirt on. Otherwise can go back and use current DX body for clothed look. Nice to have options :)

Don't bank on another seamless body from HT anytime soon - I think King Leonidas was their last attempt at this for a long time. Achieving a seamless body that poses well and is durable is quite a trick, and will take a few more advances in materials and manufacturing technology before it happens.

I disagree, look at how HT stole the PERS from EB. I was shocked they could do that, and EB didn't patent that somehow.

As awesome as my new Bruce is... I'm sure all of you can agree when I say the seams at the shoulders SUCK. Barney Ross's body seams SUCK.

Just think of how strong condoms are. Rubber can be super super unbreakable... they just need a good plastic endo skeleton like the TTM16 body, but just half the thickness... then slap a rubber body suit that is super flexible and has moveable muscles.

Realism is what we want so it's what they are going to try to give us...

I'm going to make a bold prediction right here and say by mid to late 2012, we will see a new designed muscle body.

Nothing ever disappears on the internet.

Back