Ada's aging Indy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was talking about your seeming need to defend (if it could be called as such) the link in the OP's post.

The sculpt is not even a "so-so" likeness. Get over it. People are entitled to their opinions and you are entitled to yours. You need to realize that other people thinking the sculpt sucks doesn't endanger your right to think otherwise.

Mmmm kay?

Umm... What pic did I put up for criticism?

And...that's your best excuse? I mean, that works just as well in reverse. Seeing how I'm posting on the internet, too.

Assuming you have no connection to this sculpt, I don't see why you're getting so upset about it. I see much worse things said about sculpts every day. And it's not like we're saying she's a total hack or anything. She's done good work, as I mentioned. It's just that this sculpt is off. You yourself said it looked like Abraham Lincoln, for crying out loud.

Don't try to make this about me. And again, this isn't about offering an "honest opinion."

This is about being a **** about another person's work. I think you realize that, and you're just upset you got called on it.

If that person was a frequent poster, and gave a crap about our opinions, then sure, we'd help them. But they're not, so we wont.

popcorn-1.gif

I never could understand people who get upset because someone has a different opinion... oh well. Live and let live I say.

Also out of all the people who have posted I think one guy put in a slightly insensitive way.

Man, what's with this attitude? Most of the people who are the most judgemental here likely don't have an ounce of talent at doing anything artistic. But they convince themselves they're better because they think they've got superior "taste" or "judgement."

Think again. Not too hard to criticize anything. But I know I couldn't come up with a sculpt even half that good, so I don't see the need to be such a **** about it.

And that justifies being a **** how, exactly? At least she's got side by side comparison pics with photos of Harrison Ford, so you can make up your own mind whether it's a reasonable likeness or not.

No one's got a gun to your head forcing you to buy it. Again, unless you can come up with a better Ford sculpt on your own, I see no need to be a complete **** about this, as if behaving that way somehow makes you less of a loser.

This head sculpt is still closer to Harrison than Cinemaquette's is, and look how much they're charging for that one...

Honest criticism is one thing -- and I've said on this thread I don't think that sculpt is a particularly good likeness of Ford.

Being a complete *** about it is another. From her website, it looks like this is a person who works independently, not for some big company. Her livelihood might be at stake here, so mocking her is uncalled for, especially if you can't do better. Like I said, no one's forcing you to buy it, and you are no less a loser for acting like you've got superior sensibilities, when you probably have no creative talent whatsoever.

I mean, I'm willing to bet you couldn't come up with a sculpt half as good, even if doing so was the only way you could avoid a prison-style gang rape.

Ah evilface, you're so predictable, man.

So _you're_ the one deserving of gentle words?

Gentle words don't really reach "insensitive" types.

So...you're a professional sculptor, then?

Again, you're back in the prison-style gang rape scenario. I doubt you could come up with a better sculpt even if it were the only way to avoid such a situation.

As we covered earlier, telling someone an opinion about their work is one thing. Being a **** about it is another.

... Just saying....

Honest criticism is one thing -- and I've said on this thread I don't think that sculpt is a particularly good likeness of Ford.

Being a complete *** about it is another. From her website, it looks like this is a person who works independently, not for some big company. Her livelihood might be at stake here, so mocking her is uncalled for, especially if you can't do better. Like I said, no one's forcing you to buy it, and you are no less a loser for acting like you've got superior sensibilities, when you probably have no creative talent whatsoever.

I mean, I'm willing to bet you couldn't come up with a sculpt half as good, even if doing so was the only way you could avoid a prison-style gang rape.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm... I don't even know where to start.

It's a sculpt for sale. People are entitled to an opinion. Voice yours without attacking others.

It looks nothing like Ford.

MY opinion.

No reference to prison-style gang rape.:horror

Please keep things civil. Thanks.

Sigh... So many straw man arguments set up, to deflect attention from the real point I made.

But I will of course, abide by the dictates of the Mod.

*taps Clubbie on the shoulder*

Erm, I'm a MOD too. :lecture

Yeah but you're like the retarded kid they gave a fireman helmet to. No one REALLY thinks he can put out a fire.

Of course I'm just kidding Marc. You are definitely one of the most level headed members here and a very fair mod.
Just because I can't build a car doesn't mean I can't say that the Yugo was a piece of crap. The sculpt is supposed to look like an older Harrison Ford and it failed, just like the Yugo failed to go up steep hills.

Once you offer something up for sale, taking someone's hard earned cash, you enter into another realm of judgment. It would be nice if everyone were a little more compassionate, but it would also be nice if Whoppers weren't fattening. The reality is that its just not that way so you have to deal.

The world can be a tough place, but I would rather have an honest opinion rather than someone tell me my work is wonderful but not buy it. At least with criticism you have an idea of what to work on.

So...you're a professional sculptor, then?

Again, you're back in the prison-style gang rape scenario. I doubt you could come up with a better sculpt even if it were the only way to avoid such a situation.

What is this?! teemu part deux?! :huh

I think I crapped out a closer likeness in the toilet this morning. How's that? :p Truth be told, if I put effort into it, I could probably spank her sculpt back into the initial ingredients she used. Hell, I could blindfold my 3-year-old daughter and have her try it out of Play-Doh and it'd turn out better. However, that said, I'm at a time in my life where I'm fortunate enough to be able to pay people for such undertakings and can enjoy other, more meaningful things like the full plate of customs I need to finish.

And FYI, projecting your sexual fantasies onto others isn't healthy. I suggest perhaps sending a letter and a harness-capable artificial organ to Ada, who you obviously have a stalker-like infatuation with, and asking her to fulfill your fantasy for you. Don't forget to drop the soap! :lol

*taps Clubbie on the shoulder*

Erm, I'm a MOD too. :lecture

Sorry, I didn't notice at first. Then I wasn't sure if "Prime Kurgan MOD" was some sort of obscure pop reference I didn't know about.

But I to accede to your dictates as well, though I don't recall that you actually made any...

What is this?! teemu part deux?! :huh

I think I crapped out a closer likeness in the toilet this morning. How's that? :p Truth be told, if I put effort into it, I could probably spank her sculpt back into the initial ingredients she used. Hell, I could blindfold my 3-year-old daughter and have her try it out of Play-Doh and it'd turn out better. However, that said, I'm at a time in my life where I'm fortunate enough to be able to pay people for such undertakings and can enjoy other, more meaningful things like the full plate of customs I need to finish.

And FYI, projecting your sexual fantasies onto others isn't healthy. I suggest perhaps sending a letter and a harness-capable artificial organ to Ada, who you obviously have a stalker-like infatuation with, and asking her to fulfill your fantasy for you. Don't forget to drop the soap! :lol

Yeah, way to step up after the moderators have stepped in. Kind of like making faces from behind mama's skirt, isn't it? :lol

Back