Action Force UK GI Joe recoloring project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross SC

Super Freak
Reaction score
Thought I would share some pics of work I was doing for the Action Force recoloring project. Action Force was the UK version of GI Joe & featured the same characters but with different back stories, giving them a more international identity for the european market.
The Battle Action Force comics were original stories & released 83-86 mainly in black & white, the recoloring project aims to release them in full color.
These pics are from the Storm Shadow origin story, it was never quite finished as I was dealing with divorce & moving back to the UK at the time & have since lost almost all of it bar a few small pics.
Original:

For European/North America:

For South America:

I found my old battle action force annuals happy time's

Sent from my RM-825_eu_euro1_242 using Tapatalk

These look very cool,but I'll bite... why red for the S American Storm Shadow?

In Argentina he was red & called Satan so I think they were planing on doing a spanish version for the south american market.

In Argentina he was red & called Satan so I think they were planing on doing a spanish version for the south american market.

Ouch! Poor ****ing Stormshadow. :lol

What the hell did they call the rest of the bad guys?

Very cool Ross SC! I use to subscribe at my local RS Mcolls when i was a kid, i loved the Battle Action Force comic.
I still have one of the annuals & one comic issue.
The strangest thing though at the time 84/85 the GiJoe/action force were sold in my local poundstretcher(50pence each) & not the big stores e.g. ToyMasters, Jolly Giant etc..
etc..

Very cool Ross SC! I use to subscribe at my local RS Mcolls when i was a kid, i loved the Battle Action Force comic.
I still have one of the annuals & one comic issue.
The strangest thing though at the time 84/85 the GiJoe/action force were sold in my local poundstretcher(50pence each) & not the big stores e.g. ToyMasters, Jolly Giant etc..
etc..
I lived on the Isle of Wight at the time & remember a place called the Sports & Model Shop used to have them... I would have been 8 in '84 so I have no idea how much they were!
I made ARAH figures of the original SAS characters a couple years ago to use for a dio story I never got around to finishing that involved them re-forming for a mission...
Where abouts in the UK are you?

Ouch! Poor ****ing Stormshadow. :lol

What the hell did they call the rest of the bad guys?

i dont really know much about it... heres a link to the Argentinian line on yojoe: https://www.yojoe.com/international/argentina/
Stalker is called Manleh... & he's white! he's also wearing terrible blue & yellow uniform...
arg_manleh_small.jpg

Battle Action Force is way above the U.S. GIJoe equivalent comic, the construction of the stories especially in the early days were on an epic scale.

Battle Action Force is way above the U.S. GIJoe equivalent comic, the construction of the stories especially in the early days were on an epic scale.

not a comment i was expecting on here... but yeah i LOVED those comics, they were pretty damn epic & i was a bit disappointed when Marvel took over.
the London invasion was awesome!
The artwork was pretty different from the US stuff... very english.

this wraparound cover is great... although Destro looks really weird!

You'll know me better as SAS Sparrowhawk over at BFTB Ross, i think London in Peril marked the down turn with BAF. Of the final months i only thought Operation Deep Cover was anywhere near the quality of earlier stories. Its a pity that the artwork from those earlier stories never really got shown to a wider audience, i wonder what Marvel readers would make of Desert Strike, Operation Claymore and Codename: Scrapyard???

Back