1/6 ACI Toys 1/6 Roman Republic Legionary (Legio XIII Gemina) - Titus ACI-27

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ACI27 Roman Republic Legionary (Legio XIII Gemina) - Titus

601-stgcc.jpg

Think you guys need to get back to have a look on Lucius's soldier! ha.....

12499553_10156961162300157_1511915227_o.jpg
12675025_10156961162085157_531668210_o.jpg
12517130_10156961161995157_1331143463_o.jpg
12887461_10156961162505157_597725915_o.jpg

Here I am, recuperating from Guillain Barre syndrome, received Titus, decided to paint him, just spent the afternoon weathering his skin, his head, his scutum. I spent a lot of energy doing that, because my hands are shaking and my muscles are twiching from the disease. So , just after I finish him, I get him on a stand, back on the shelf, and the top half just falls down. Its not even broken, I didn't force it one bit, it just snapped. Now I can't put him back together, and all that work on the weathering and paint job is probably lost, because I can't fix this body. Its brand new.

Its the third ACI body that I've had issues. Seriously, they have to address QC.

Anyway, just wanted to enjoy my figure.

Are you serious? The peg is submerged in the torso ? Oh my god . If you hadn't painted it I would say , try and return it but I guess that's out . What a nightmare . I'm sorry

Get a long needle nose plier and grab the peg from the side and try to stick it in the hole without breaking the spring .

Haven't had too much time to futz with them, but I can tell you that both Vorenus and Pullo look like they usually skip leg day at the gym.

Haven't had too much time to futz with them, but I can tell you that both Vorenus and Pullo look like they usually skip leg day at the gym.

Thats an issue with most 1/6 scale bodies. Superhero arms, skinny/regular legs. The issue to me is quality control in ACIs bodies so far.
I really liked the sculpts, the heads are fantastic, the accessories are nicely done as well. Waiting for my replacement body to post an opinion.
The scabbard looks great.

The eagle is too heavy, no way a 1/6th body can handle that eagle without a stand, and for whatever reason, ACI/PANGEA still doesn't give us stands. Stands are a must for such fragile figures. Drop an optio or a crusader, and it`ll break. These are very fragile, frail delicate figures, and need a stand. For what we're paying, I think one would be a requirement.

The sculpt on the eagle is nice, but once again, they could/should have gone with wood ,or something lighter. Its metal, so its pretty dangerous to let the figure hold it.

I have both. They're not bad. The sculpts are nicely done, albeit look a little more cartoonish than the promo pics. The uniforms are nice, cloth chain mail. I agree that the eagle is too heavy. Damned thing fell off and dropped on my bare foot when I was working them! Ouch!

Just put mine together . He looks awesome but be extremely careful putting setting him up . The straps or tie strings for the cape are EXTREMELY WEAK AND WILL RIP IF YOU PULL THEN OR TIE THEM THE WRONG WAY . I tied them around his shoulder chain mail like I did with KAUSTIC PLASTIC'S general but I ripped the strap because I was to firm pulling the strap . ACI ! You should provide some kind of instruction with this to give us collectors an idea on the proper way to tie down the cape .

Also be EXTREMELY CAREFUL WITH THE WAIST ON THIS GUY ! I read about someone having it snap for no dam reason what so ever . The legs and arms feel solid with very tight joints but I'm terrified that something is going to break around the waist . YOU MUST HEAT UP WRIST PEGS WITH HAIR DRYER WHEN SWITCHING OUT HANDS !!

Back