ACI Toys: 1/6 ARAGORN (Improved Production Copy updated!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took a few pics also. No hair trimming, just spray conditioner hehehe

4.jpg
5.jpg

Got him last night. What a fantastic figure!!!
Thank you ACI!!!
I missed out on the pre-order on this, so I had to get him through the ebay route. But no regrets...he is worth it.

The sculpt is magnificent. Lots and lots of accessories.
Besides the sculpt, one of the things that I am very impressed with, is the weathering. I've done quite a few weathering mods and it is very meticulous and time consuming. For a mass produced figure, it looks like they have spent a long time weathering each figure.
So the real hair and weathering really adds a lot of realism to Aragorn.
Of course...lol...his 80's Bon Jovi haircut needs some styling, so I went ahead and gave him a little bit of haircut, and lots of hair wax.
His hair reacts to hair wax really well, and gives him that greasy Grungy hairstyle.

I am extremely happy with this figure. I hope ACI ends up getting the license back, I would like to see Legolas and Gimli with Aragorn.
Well done ACI! :clap

Great shots, I like the walking/hunting pose. The costume looks fantastic .

How is the body? Any need to swap it out with a true type or is it fine as is?

Body is not very good in articulation, but the proportion and costume fitment is good. So probably just keep it as is, and just live with the somewhat limited articulation. Here are some of the negatives:

- Shoulders have no forward/backward movement, unlike a True Type.
- Elbows can only bend 90 degree with a single-jointed ratchet joint that 'clicks' 3-4 notches.
- Upper thigh swivel is quite loose.
- Ankle ball joint connecting the boots are very loose, so the boots come off too easy. (my wife crisscrossed a tiny thin rubbery hair tie on the bottom ankle ball joint before pushing it back into the boots' socket, now the boots are very secure.)
- Hard vinyl boots also restricted any of the double ball jointed ankle movement.

Last edited:
Body is not very good in articulation, but the proportion and costume fitment is good. So probably just keep it as is, and just live with the somewhat limited articulation. Here are some of the negatives:

- Shoulders have no forward/backward movement, unlike a True Type.
- Elbows can only bend 90 degree with a single-jointed ratchet joint that 'clicks' 3-4 notches.
- Upper thigh swivel is quite loose.
- Ankle ball joint connecting the boots are very loose, so the boots come off too easy. Hard vinyl boots also restricted any of the double ball jointed ankle movement.

Yup - got to agree. I do find that the body offers some very natural poses with very little futzing. I often think that True Types can take quite a bit of tinkering until they go from looking 'toyish' to natural.

Great shots, I like the walking/hunting pose. The costume looks fantastic .

How is the body? Any need to swap it out with a true type or is it fine as is?

Thanks man.
I'm perfectly happy with the body. The arms are restrictive, but not bad enough to restrict finding a nice pose.
Its not like Hot Toys promo where you see nice poses, but once in hand, its not capable.
You can easily emulate those poses that were shown, like with Jingobell pics, without worrying about messing up the suit or body.
So, I believe the body is perfectly fine, doesnt need to be swapped.

Yup - got to agree. I do find that the body offers some very natural poses with very little futzing. I often think that True Types can take quite a bit of tinkering until they go from looking 'toyish' to natural.

Yup, exactly. I like this body they're using.
Although hot toys has more movement, man it takes me hours sometimes to futz it to find a real natural pose.
You have less movement here, but I seem to be able to find nice poses easily. Played around with lots of poses until I chose the walking type pose.

:yess:
Thank you for supporting our products! And we know our bodies still need a lot to be improved!
But it's very nice of you and we are very glad that you guys could find the advantages of our design!
thank you very much!
Bryan

Thanks man.
I'm perfectly happy with the body. The arms are restrictive, but not bad enough to restrict finding a nice pose.
Its not like Hot Toys promo where you see nice poses, but once in hand, its not capable.
You can easily emulate those poses that were shown, like with Jingobell pics, without worrying about messing up the suit or body.
So, I believe the body is perfectly fine, doesnt need to be swapped.

Thank you for supporting our products! And we know our bodies still need a lot to be improved!
But it's very nice of you and we are very glad that you guys could find the advantages of our design!
thank you very much!
Bryan

Any chance you guys could produce one more for an idiot who missed out on the preorder? :)

thank you very much!
Bryan

You're welcome...very happy customer here.
You can really see that a lot of TLC went to making this figure.
Its very very detailed...again...love the weathering. It almost feels like I bought a fullset custom figure instead of a mass produced figure.
Thank you very much Bryan, and looking forward to see what you guys offer in the future. :)

My SE version arrived on Wednesday, and I just opened it today. Wow! This thing rocks. It was stuck in San Francisco for 3 weeks, but it was worth the wait. This is without a doubt my favorite figure in y collection.

Just got my SE Version today as well, did anyone else not get the stand holder haha, aka the crotch grabber, who to I contact about this?

thank you very much!
Bryan

You guys did a fantastic job! Thanks for making Aragorn and the Ringwraith.

Back