ACI Toys: 1/6 ARAGORN (Improved Production Copy updated!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the mention ClipperKing! :)
Great tip on the boots too, I will be using that.

Here's my Aragorn post saloon. The idea here was to get it such a way that I can repose him and not have to futz with the hair each time. Though if you do not wish to go my route, I think Clipper's method is a great one.

4841f57990ba660fe78c113676d7edb8.jpg

5f5f2531f72006ac8359eb6e31eff1a7.jpg

c63e5177ed22a719396fcd5e96f5d2fc.jpg

93007dd05c948da9066075533dd7ffc8.jpg

d07cdcb629f988b3fd5e2a5ec773f6ff.jpg

c49e59462391a0fa33cbec0e5bcdaab3.jpg

34402fb4c61aeb54d625605f57236195.jpg

Putting my Aragorn together right now, and I have a question about the placement of the quiver and the straps holding it.
In pictures Aragorn can be seen wearing the quiver strap over his left shoulder and the other end going under his leather tunic thing. But how would that work practically?

I mean, where does that strap come out if there's not kind of a hole at the back of the tunic where the strap can come out, if you guys know what I mean? :)

I tried putting the both ends of the straps over the cape, but then the strap on the right side kind of hinders the flow of the cape at the spot where it goes under his arm towards the front?

Maybe a stupid question, but it just got me wondering :monkey3

PS: Great pics, Eamon and Marf!!

Eamon - what route did you go with the hair? Looks fantastic. Also great job on the box art. The sketch insert inside is fantastic.

Putting my Aragorn together right now, and I have a question about the placement of the quiver and the straps holding it.
In pictures Aragorn can be seen wearing the quiver strap over his left shoulder and the other end going under his leather tunic thing. But how would that work practically? I mean, where does that strap come out if there's not kind of a hole at the back of the tunic where the strap can come out, if you guys know what I mean? :)

Great question! I would like to know the answer too.

In pictures Aragorn can be seen wearing the quiver strap over his left shoulder and the other end going under his leather tunic thing. But how would that work practically?

I mean, where does that strap come out if there's not kind of a hole at the back of the tunic where the strap can come out, if you guys know what I mean? :)

I tried putting the both ends of the straps over the cape, but then the strap on the right side kind of hinders the flow of the cape at the spot where it goes under his arm towards the front?

Maybe a stupid question, but it just got me wondering :monkey3

PS: Great pics, Eamon and Marf!!

Great question! I would like to know the answer too.

The tunic is split up the side - it has coat tails if that makes sense

it's already an expensive figure as it stands. Not sure where else are stocking it in the UK and importing is subject to possible charges

Haven't been following this that close though so not sure if it's worth importing? what have other UK people paid to import it

Yeah £209. Very expensive.

Eamon - what route did you go with the hair? Looks fantastic. Also great job on the box art. The sketch insert inside is fantastic.

Thanks! I actually did all the packaging as well as the illustration.

For the hair on mine, I did thin it out a bit by very carefully cutting the hair and just being very selective where I cut. I then got load of hard fix hair gel and got Barney Ross' beret.
I took my time. But I did not cut much length at all. The main thing is to thin it out a bit.
It helps that i have very similar hair style. :)

Though I personally recommend folks use ClipperKings method if you are too scared and see how it looks. The volume of the hair varies between figures I think so some may need to work harder than others.

I will say that now I have all sorted, he's a seriously cool figure.

The tunic is split up the side - it has coat tails if that makes sense

Ah yes of course! How could I forget :)
Tried to put the strap like in the movie still and it does work, going through the split of the tunic on the right side and then going over the cape at the back.

I still have that Sideshow one on display. Looking forward to getting this ACI one.

King Aragorn looks great. I wonder if parted out heads will start showing up. I'm still waiting for BBTS to get its stock. Why couldn't ACI have done this good a job on Achilles?

I'm brand new to this thread and this preorder so bare with me while I ask the following:
Has BBTS shipped any of these out yet? Just wondering if I'll get charged anyday of if you guys are all still waiting.

I think BBTS tends to run a little behind. I'm also waiting for Tyrion. At which point I'll have them ship my pile of loot. However they had better not try to pull the short allocation excuse. I had that happen with the Gentle Giant Artemisia that I ordered from another company and am still furious.

Last edited:
How did this fly under my radar? It looks amazing. Who has it in stock? Seems to be sold out everywhere I look...

Back