ACI Toys: 1/6 ARAGORN (Improved Production Copy updated!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ACI Toys: ARAGORN 1/6th Figure

Does Toypanic charge your card immediately when you pre-order? I mean it's 6 months away at least.

AND i think ACI should darken up the hair a little.

Pretty good...missing the red shirt, and WHY is the cloak GREY and not GREEN? Also still not sold on the hair...while it looks decent on the prototype, I highly doubt it'll look that good on production figures without significant futzing!

Thanks! Do they seem to be pretty reliable? 8 months is a long time when you do not know much about the store.

Admittedly i don't have a lot of experience with this store myself; i only have one item on PO from them and it won't be due for another month at least. i can say their customer service is quite helpful and friendly though.

I'd say they seem slower then other sellers in regards to getting in products; like ACI's hoplites are available for preorder from them but no word on when they'll be in stock. They're primary customer base is Malaysian so i don't know how they handle international buyers.

Still doesn't look like Viggo. Tailoring and weapons look cool. Not sure why they included Anduril though. Based on the outfit he shouldn't have it at this point.

Still doesn't look like Viggo. Tailoring and weapons look cool. Not sure why they included Anduril though. Based on the outfit he shouldn't have it at this point.

wouldn't he only need a change or shirt from grey to red and then he'd be right for ROTK when he goes into the mountain

Is there any other toy outlet somewhere that takes pre.orders of this? Maybe Toy Panic has a real good relationship with ACI.

Oh cool, as a new collector my question is Asmus vs. ACI, who are the best?

The Asmus Toys figures have been good so far...not without some minor issues...but sculpts have been pretty good and outfits are getting better with each release. Their Aragorn sculpt has been through the ringer on this forum, but they have listened and have improved it a ton. I'm hedging my bets that their Aragorn will win out most collectors once they do the full reveal. All in all, both figures are pretty good...and the accessories just may be the difference in swaying one way or another.

Pretty good...missing the red shirt, and WHY is the cloak GREY and not GREEN? Also still not sold on the hair...while it looks decent on the prototype, I highly doubt it'll look that good on production figures without significant futzing!

Because the cloak IS grey. The ones provided for the movies were grey, and color adjusted for certain scenes. But grey is the accurate color.
In the books, the cloak is grey, but can take on the color of green, blue, etc during different times of the day/light and based on the environment. It's meant to protect and hide the wearer, hence the point of giving it to the fellowship.
In the films, you tend to see more green on the three hunters scenes because they are surrounded by the plains of rohan a lot, and trees, etc. The cloak therefore would adjust to surroundings to camouflage them. When it comes to frodo, you see it as grey a lot of times, especially during the scenes where he is near rock, and darkness towards minas morgul.

So there is your why.

But as for why they chose grey as the color to go with for this? It's the color the real cloaks were. They were made from wool. It's a bluish grey wool.

I agree though, no red shirt bothers me. Also, I don't know why we can't just get the chainmaile and everything for his two towers look as well. Hard to tell how good the face will look from these shots, but I do worry he looks too young.

Nice and clear explaination on cloak's color. This makes sence. Thanks.
This Aragorn seems great. I like the grey shirt one. The sword is great too.

The Asmus Toys figures have been good so far...not without some minor issues...but sculpts have been pretty good and outfits are getting better with each release. Their Aragorn sculpt has been through the ringer on this forum, but they have listened and have improved it a ton. I'm hedging my bets that their Aragorn will win out most collectors once they do the full reveal. All in all, both figures are pretty good...and the accessories just may be the difference in swaying one way or another.

Thanks for that. I just wasn't sure and had to ask. Accessories don't bother to much, just want the figure to look like the character :)

Let's hope Asmus makes a reveal so we can compare.

Toypanic's shipping is high. $78.50 USD for airmail. eBay may be the way to go.
Hmm, that would make me think the MSRP is higher then what they are quoting. I've seen it before where companies look like they have a great price for something only to make up for it by padding the shipping.

I think it came out awesome.
Honestly this is the best mass produced hair so far. Way better than Hot Toys attempts.
Clothing and weapons are awesome. Only thing needed is a body swap, makes the hair and head greasy and dirty and lots of weathering on the clothing.

But honestly this is a beautiful product!

I think it came out awesome.
Honestly this is the best mass produced hair so far. Way better than Hot Toys attempts.
Clothing and weapons are awesome. Only thing needed is a body swap, makes the hair and head greasy and dirty and lots of weathering on the clothing.

But honestly this is a beautiful product!

Did you see the final product?

I'm surprised more people aren't commenting on how great the clothes, weapons and headsculpt are. They really are great.

The body and paint apps on the face are the only things keeping this from being perfection. Ordinarily, I'd be against the doll hair, but Surprisingly, I think it works here.

Hmm.

Back