ACI Toys: 1/6 ARAGORN (Improved Production Copy updated!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ACI Toys: ARAGORN 1/6th Figure

looks like he's on a super beefcake body, thatll need a change. The HS looks to be an improvement from the first photo but its tough to tell with the small pics. Overall, looks good though, instant buy

Amazing figure. A grail ticked off the list. Bought!

Definitely a fan of the real hair and the metal weapons look fantastic. But if the Exclusive is going to be hard to get I can see alienating a lot of buyers.

I do believe the body is way too buff... or "beefcakey" as said above. :lol Although it does go with the hair. Like a Romance Novel cover.

But it sure is an excellent figure. I might just buy it as well as Asmus' and have a coat-less Aragorn as well as a fully dressed and cloaked Aragorn. Looks like I can make a FOTR as well as a TTT Aragorn.

Personally i think i'll throw my lot in with ACI as far as aragorn is concerned; haven't been impressed much by the in hand pics of any of the released asmus figures though i am considering POing their eowyn.

Also to correct my previous post; the site that put up the preorder listed both versions as "hong kong exclusive" and the anduril version simply as "special version". No idea what any of that entails but hopefully we'll learn more from ACI and other sites as they put up their POs.

For those interested in Snakey Jones seller:

https://www.toypanic.com/toy.aspx?p=3617

Offered at $219.40 with local free shipping

Here's the listed specs:

1/6 Lord of the Rings-Aragorn (Hong Kong Exclusive)
From ACI Toys

Code:AM002

PREORDER ENDS BY 27 SEPTEMBER 2014. STOCK ARRIVAL ESTIMATION IN MARCH 2015

Feature

1. Detailed Sculpted Head

- with synthetic hair wig.

- with authentic likeness of Aragorn played by Viggo Mortensen

2. Body: Painted Medium Built Body-Christian, New improved version, over 30 points of articulation

Fully Authentic Costume include:

- Elven cloak with Elven Leave brooch

- Bracers of Gondor

- Grey tunic

- Brown vest/sleeveless jerkin

- Leather jacket

- Black pants

- Belt with buckle

- Boots

(All with detailed worn effect)

Realistically Designed Weapon include:

- Die-cast Strider's ranger sword with a removable small knife mounted on his sword sheath.

- An die-cast Elven hunting knife with sheath. Sindarin writing inscribed on blade meaning 'Foe of the Morgoth's Realm'.

- Bow, arrow x 3 pcs. and quiver

Others

- Arwen Evenstar Pendant necklace

- Three pairs interchangeable hands. (3 left hands with ring and 3 half gloved right hand)

- smoke pipe

- Fire Torch

- Elegant design display stand with diorama base

Last edited:
Free shipping only applies to those living within Peninsula Malaysia, Sabah & Sarawak.

onesixthwarriors also has a thread with photos that don't have watermarks for those interested.

One thing they don't have is that damn red shirt.

But still....

am002-01s.jpg

Still don't like the real hair, but everything else looks great.

looks really really good!

Willy probably just change out the body. I really don't like those ACI Medium bodies

I am really impressed! Maybe we can wetten the hair more with some kind of oil...otherwise a must have!

The tailoring and equipment are great, but the headsculpt...

Will need to see better pictures, and even then, I think this will only be salvagable with a repaint. Couse right now his face looks way too doll-like and young.

Still, the outfit looks great and there actually might be a good Viggo likeness hiding beneath that paint and awfull rooted hair. Could become a popular piece, amongst customisers.

Back