ACI Toys: 1/6 ARAGORN (Improved Production Copy updated!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got this off eBay and I love it. A few quick picks just outa the box. I'll get him geared up when I have the chance and post some proper pics later. The base is custom made.

IMG_3228.JPG

IMG_3257.JPG

IMG_3276.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks! Asmus' Legolas is the next one for me. Aragorn, Leggy and Gimli would be my Trifecta but I'm tempted to snag Boromir and maybe Frodo if they do a Slim version.

Just got this off eBay and I love it. A few quick picks just outa the box. I'll get him geared up when I have the chance and post some proper pics later. The base is custom made.

Awesome pics and base as always Coco :rock did you get the one that was a special edition and had some signature on the box cover? I was eyeballing that one since it was the cheapest and with Best Offer but was going to wait it to see if it would be relisted at a lower price like it had been before :lol waited too long and someone snagged it up :slap

Awesome pics and base as always Coco :rock did you get the one that was a special edition and had some signature on the box cover? I was eyeballing that one since it was the cheapest and with Best Offer but was going to wait it to see if it would be relisted at a lower price like it had been before :lol waited too long and someone snagged it up :slap

Thanks, Gipetto!

Yep. That's the one. I put in a best offer and they accepted it. I was eyeing the Asmus Aragorn but liked the ACI version better, noticed this one listed much lower than others and snagged it.

Not sure why so many were hating... that newer ACI version of Aragorn looks GREAT! Way better than the ASMUS version. You could always kit bash him out a bit with some of the ASMUS accessories. But the ASMUS sculpt was awful. This one is really good for a factory job, and the rooted hair (at least on yours) is laying beautifully. Awesome score, Coco!

I think it's a great looking figure. Definitely doesn't deserve any hate. There's nits with like any figure but overall it's really nice.

The hair is almost perfect when I take off his plastic packaging cap, good and tight to his scalp, then it poofs out after a few minutes. With a little product smeared in I bet it's gonna look stellar.

One thing I'd love to mod on this are his boots. He needs ankle articulation. And if I could remove a little weathering from his duster I can see that being an improvement too.

One thing I'd love to mod on this are his boots. He needs ankle articulation. And if I could remove a little weathering from his duster I can see that being an improvement too.

I would suggest swapping his boots with Ned Stark's boots from ThreeZero. They're dark brown and made of flexible rubber material. You'd just have to mod out the inside of them or find a peg/stem adapter. I happen to have an extra pair if you want to make a trade. Just PM me if you're interested.

Thanks, Gipetto!

Yep. That's the one. I put in a best offer and they accepted it. I was eyeing the Asmus Aragorn but liked the ACI version better, noticed this one listed much lower than others and snagged it.

nice! congrats on grabbing it up! I would've loved to get him but I'm sure there will be more chances later *fingers crossed* but had to choose between this guy and Cannibal Jack Sparrow and went for Jack :lol damn my need for every version of the character :slap:

I do have a pair of asmus Aragorn boots though and a ZCWO KO TTM19 body to upgrade the ACI version when/if I ever get the chance to own it. I love the clothing on this figure but I don't think you can go wrong with either

Here's a ACI Aragorn that I have reworked.

I styled the hair using hair wax and diluted glue to give them a greasy look. I also retouched the beard.
I repainted and weathered all the clothing and ported him on a Banner body.

IMG_5051.jpg
IMG_5049.jpg
IMG_5056.jpg
IMG_5052.jpg

Back