ACi have LOTR licence

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They told me 2 figures for 2013...can't wait for the first offering...

Wouldn't it be cool if they were at least discussing their line with Asmus and decided to release an armored Eowyn as their first figure???

The wait is becoming a bit tiresome though...
ACI also teased a Roman Legionnaire quite some time ago and we haven't seen anything yet.

I had not heard anything from ACI lately, so I contacted them and posted the new details at TheGD.com. Nothing major, but looks like release of first figure is CLOSE!!

The 1st test paint of our coming LOTR figure Aragorn

1898018_547242858707245_642142401_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/acitoys

I think it's very close. It's got his distinctive nose. I made a quick mock-up. The only changes to the sculpt and/or paintwork I made was to knock down the high-light in the eyes, to match the source image, to show how close it is. And increased the brightness/contrast/levels to match the shadows in the source image.

It's hard to tell because of the lighting in the photo, but I think the beard could be painted in a bit heaver, but it's a very subtle thing.

ACIvsViggo.jpg

I think it's very nit-picky at this stage, in the source image I think his chin is tucked in just a bit, and that depth throws a direct comparison off a bit. The eyes look a bit too open. I think the moustache should be a bit more flattened out, and it looks like the bottom lip is a bit too plump. But overall, all the things that make him Viggo are there, that nose and cheekbones, flattened chin, all that stuff is there. But I think with the hair on it, and not quite so much light in the photo, it will look really nice. Hopefully, ACI throws in all the goodies that were in the SSC version, and I will thrown down on the pre-order ASAP

I think it's very close. It's got his distinctive nose. I made a quick mock-up. The only changes to the sculpt and/or paintwork I made was to knock down the high-light in the eyes, to match the source image, to show how close it is. And increased the brightness/contrast/levels to match the shadows in the source image.

It's hard to tell because of the lighting in the photo, but I think the beard could be painted in a bit heaver, but it's a very subtle thing.

View attachment 98869

I think it's very nit-picky at this stage, in the source image I think his chin is tucked in just a bit, and that depth throws a direct comparison off a bit. The eyes look a bit too open. I think the moustache should be a bit more flattened out, and it looks like the bottom lip is a bit too plump. But overall, all the things that make him Viggo are there, that nose and cheekbones, flattened chin, all that stuff is there. But I think with the hair on it, and not quite so much light in the photo, it will look really nice. Hopefully, ACI throws in all the goodies that were in the SSC version, and I will thrown down on the pre-order ASAP
So after reading your post, my statement that it looks nothing like Aragon is pretty accurate then. I mean he has 2eyes, a nose, and a mouth. If all that was changed then I agree that it could look like Aragon.

He was a challenge to capture for sure. Viggo'sinteresting in that he looks so different from about every angle.

I think when the hair is added it will help out. Also. That poster was not used as a reference because it was photoshopped. They made his nose symmetrical and adjusted his eyes I believe.

Also for those interested this is gong to be Stryder.

Hopefully you guys will like it when it all comes together!

He was a challenge to capture for sure. Viggo'sinteresting in that he looks so different from about every angle.

I think when the hair is added it will help out. Also. That poster was not used as a reference because it was photoshopped. They made his nose symmetrical and adjusted his eyes I believe.

Also for those interested this is gong to be Stryder.

Hopefully you guys will like it when it all comes together!
Are you the sculptor?

Back