Ace Toyz 1/6 Scale Power Rangers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really want to pull the trigger for the whole team, but I heard they didn’t know the American version of Yellow Rangers was female. That scares me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're also available on timewalker toys and monkey depot.

I found the Green Ranger on Urban Samurai (https://www.urbansamuraihobbies.com/ace-toyz-the-classic-mighty-super-hero-green-hero/) and Timewalker Toys (https://www.timewalkertoys.com/Classic-Mighty-Superhero-in-Green-Ace-Toyz-1-6-S-p/atz-cmsh06.htm). However, Monkey Depot is odd- all I can find is a sell page for the 5-figure team set (https://www.monkeydepot.com/Boxed_Figure_Ace_Toyz_The_Classic_Mighty_Super_He_p/atz0004.htm). While there is a photo of the Green Ranger on that page, I can't find a separate sell page for it.

I found the Green Ranger on Urban Samurai (https://www.urbansamuraihobbies.com/ace-toyz-the-classic-mighty-super-hero-green-hero/) and Timewalker Toys (https://www.timewalkertoys.com/Classic-Mighty-Superhero-in-Green-Ace-Toyz-1-6-S-p/atz-cmsh06.htm). However, Monkey Depot is odd- all I can find is a sell page for the 5-figure team set (https://www.monkeydepot.com/Boxed_Figure_Ace_Toyz_The_Classic_Mighty_Super_He_p/atz0004.htm). While there is a photo of the Green Ranger on that page, I can't find a separate sell page for it.

You're right! They're probably going to add it eventually, I mean, why wouldn't they right?

Are any of these sites reliable? Which one would be the best one to order from, living in the states?

Another vote for Timewalker. I have an order through them for the full team plus the Green Ranger. Hoping they eventually carry the White Ranger as well as I would prefer to order through them instead of direct through Ace.

Timewalker is an amazing site! The customer service they provide is incredible.

@aeseven7 I was talking to them and they said yes, eventually they will when pictures and more info is released.

Honestly, it's really the Red Ranger I want, but none of the sites are selling him stand-alone.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Ok I’m pretty much decided that I’m all in for every Ranger. Just need to make sure that the cost won’t ruin me when it comes to paying in 2019.
My only concerns are for the colour of the suits matching the helmets and the yellow ranger using a male body. I’m sure I can just switch to a female body and maybe do a bit of tailoring (even though I have no prior experience whatsoever) to make it look right. Also, Tommy’s sword of darkness should use a little red bit of fabric for the tassel on the pommel or at least be a separate painted red piece instead of being a stiff part of the sword’s mold; but for a 1/6 figure, I think it should be fabric.

For a second I thought all the Ranger’s bodies looked a bit awkward and then I looked at shots of the cast and the suits looked ill fitting pretty much all the time anyway.
If someone does a set of the movie costumes next then I’ll bite too. Throw in a Green Ranger version for fun as well.

Ok I’m pretty much decided that I’m all in for every Ranger. Just need to make sure that the cost won’t ruin me when it comes to paying in 2019.
My only concerns are for the colour of the suits matching the helmets and the yellow ranger using a male body. I’m sure I can just switch to a female body and maybe do a bit of tailoring (even though I have no prior experience whatsoever) to make it look right. Also, Tommy’s sword of darkness should use a little red bit of fabric for the tassel on the pommel or at least be a separate painted red piece instead of being a stiff part of the sword’s mold; but for a 1/6 figure, I think it should be fabric.

For a second I thought all the Ranger’s bodies looked a bit awkward and then I looked at shots of the cast and the suits looked ill fitting pretty much all the time anyway.
If someone does a set of the movie costumes next then I’ll bite too. Throw in a Green Ranger version for fun as well.

It will look less screen accurate if you put the yellow ranger on a female body considering all the fight scenes were filmed with a male.

Ye I’ve considered that. Luckily, none of the bodies look that muscular or overtly masculine so if it turns out that the yellow Ranger doesn’t have shoulders too broad for me to convince myself it’s Trini in there then I’ll be happy to leave HER as she is upon arrival.
Maybe getting these figures will finally convince me to open my SHF Rangers and have a sweet MMPR shrine. Gonna need the power coins too now.

They've already announced that the yellow ranger will be a female in production, so it's a moot point.

They've already announced that the yellow ranger will be a female in production, so it's a moot point.

That's kid of a bummer. I would prefer they look the way they did in the majority of the show rather than how they did in promo shots and some one off fights. Basically means you have to display them as their American version.

Ok, cool, that’s one concern dealt with then. Yellow Ranger has always been female to me so I’m more than happy to have a feminine looking figure as long as she isn’t packing a set of whopping great melons.
So where are they making announcements regarding this set?
It seems pretty hard to find anything out about them. I messaged Ace Toyz through Facebook a week ago about ordering but got no response.

Yellow Ranger is always a female to me, regardless if they were using a male stuntman for the fight scenes. Kudos to Ace for giving Yellow Ranger a female body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I subscribe to the Billy Joel school of thought: she’s always a woman to me.

Now one more little detail I’ve noticed is how the Green Ranger’s Morpher clearly has the ‘Power Rangers’ inscription written on it but Red Ranger’s is more of an unintelligible scrawl. I hope this is tidied up for production as the morphers are one of my favourite aspects of the figures.

I subscribe to the Billy Joel school of thought: she’s always a woman to me.

Now one more little detail I’ve noticed is how the Green Ranger’s Morpher clearly has the ‘Power Rangers’ inscription written on it but Red Ranger’s is more of an unintelligible scrawl. I hope this is tidied up for production as the morphers are one of my favourite aspects of the figures.

They may have blurred it out a little just to avoid the "Power Ranger" identification. Following the green ranger, I'm sure it'll say Power Rangers on it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back