Accurizing Kane & Dallas: a full list of fixes required

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, I've never seen Zardoz. But I know what it is. I love the figure. You're soon to be among the ranks of the Customs Masters here.

Thank you both.
When you are looking at the troll or the other customs, click on where it says 'my comments' and you will see more pictures among the comments given. I did a custom box with full graphics for the troll. Do the same for ZARDOZ- lots of further pictures of his accessories.

...and by the way- you've never SEEN ZARDOZ?

Last edited:
Oh I think you do.......yeah I did. I was speaking more twords the OT. I just gave my two cents on the color. I know its correct, but I dont like it, then Sabres desided to throw some quips my way, so I...by Spartan Law...had to retaliate.

ohface.gif

awesome customs bro!!! My absolute favorite of all your work has to be Treebeard. It shows how much work you put into that one. Outstanding work. Love it love it love it.

Looking forward to more pics of Dallas.

I'm sure you have all the reference pics you need but I post these just in case they help. Unfortunately a couple of the images are somewhat small; it looks like the props department got the boots muddled up with the Kane suit when the film wrapped, which is probably why Hot Toys was incorrect on the boots they created for the suits; if you look on the Lambert costume, the correct boots are shown.

Unless of course they decided to use the EVA 'Mobius' suit boots on the smaller child size costumes used by Ridley Scott's sons Jake and Luke on the planet/landing leg set.

Note also the triangular flag symbol on the backpack.

Thanks for the pics, space jockey. I have tons of production stills and reference photos, but I didn't have a single one from the group you posted.

My theory about why HT used the wrong boots is simpler than yours:

They watched the movie, and during the scene where the "acid burned through the goddam hull" there's a shot of some boots close up, with acid burned through one of them. HT just assumed they were the same boots for the 'Moebius' suits. Oops!.. Not very good research on thier part, but understandable.
I explained the problem and sent them photos to prove the boots needed to be corrected, seven months ago.

Oh well... The boots will just be another little project for me to upgrade my collection, and I'll have them for sale on ebay too I suppose.

And I'm glad you like my treebeard, thank you Reinhardt.

I haven't been paying attention to this thread and I can see I've been missing quite a lot!
Fantastic stuff Anthrapoid.

Awesome work so far!

May I suggest item 23 for your list: move the attachment point for the large hose from the left valve to the centre of the top tank...

Tony

13. On backpack, the correct order of the colored lights from top to bottom should be: green - blue - yellow - red... (The order as they are now, is: blue - yellow - green - red)

Just noticed this myself based on your still/pic. Funny thing is, the prototype pics from Hot Toys has the correct order. It's the ones we got that are wrong.

dallaspacklights.jpg

I didn't notice the lights on the production pics, I was just looking at the Dallas I received against the movie stills.

It's possible that some figures might have the correct order and some might not.

In my list of fixes, I didn't even bother to include adding additional lights to the helmet which are missing entirely. Wiring into the existing circuit and adding more LEDs might be possible for the sake of accuracy, but it would probably reduce battery life also.

I might try to do it sometime in the future though. What the hell- I'll add it to the list, just so people are aware of it.

I didn't notice the lights on the production pics, I was just looking at the Dallas I received against the movie stills.

It's possible that some figures might have the correct order and some might not.

Every pic of the backpack lights I've seen from in-hand buyers has the lights in the wrong order, even the very first wave that went to China directly. I doubt there's a proper ordered version beyond the proto. I hope. It would drive me nuts to know there's correct ones out there. :)

Chances are the "light colors" are simple gel pieces inside the backpack over the holes. You could break the pack open and switch the gels to the proper order. I'll wait for you to do that one though.

You might be right, but the individual lights might also be different colors. Not to worry, because you can probably switch them around whichever turns out to be the case.

There is a screw on the back of the pack for access to the batteries; I haven't opened it yet, but we might be able to get at the lights from there if we're lucky.

I'm waiting to receive my Kane (It's shipping in a couple days) before I do a lot of these fixes, just so I can do them at the same time on both.

You might be right, but the individual lights might also be different colors. Not to worry, because you can probably switch them around whichever turns out to be the case.

There is a screw on the back of the pack for access to the batteries; I haven't opened it yet, but we might be able to get at the lights from there if we're lucky.

I'm waiting to receive my Kane (It's shipping in a couple days) before I do a lot of these fixes, just so I can do them at the same time on both.

Maybe Kane's lights will be in the correct order.

Then it might be easier to swap backpacks and just swap out name plates or redo them.

Who's to say this configuration isn't the one for Kane? :)

Who's to say this configuration isn't the one for Kane? :)
Looking at the film, I saw the correct order of the lights on Dallas' backpack. Then, space jockey posted a very large picture of Lambert's backpack in this thread. Her backpack has the same order as Dallas, so I think it's safe to assume all three backpacks have the same light configuration.

Probably the LAST fix I'm going to do are the boots; I will sculpt them in clay and post pictures soon, but I need to wait a couple weeks before I can make silicone rubber molds and cast them for myself and for any other interested parties to buy.
I will need to drive 15 miles into San Francisco and buy the raw silicone & casting plastic, but money is tight right now- mainly because I just paid $174 for Kane, ironically...lol.

In the meantime, here are some pictures comparing the wrong boots to the right ones. Observe, and become a believer...

Back