Abbott and Costello Meet . . .

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Abbott and Costello meet . . .

Hey, Sean...

If you go back to post #71 in this thread, and click in the link it will take you to the web page for Rubonz which is the product I am using to make the dry rub transfers

Hey, Sean...

If you go back to post #71 in this thread, and click in the link it will take you to the web page for Rubonz which is the product I am using to make the dry rub transfers

Oh cool, thanks. Keep us posted on how that turns out. I'm working on a project where the same technique may come in handy.

Sean

I got the dry rub transfers in the mail today. This is a great product. Quick easy and not messy at all. I just put the crest on Dracula's coffin and love the results.

I will be working on the house of horrors sign and the crate a bit latter, but I wanted to take a few shots of the crest and coffin

Thanks so much Sean. I'm really happy with how these dry rub transfers worked out...

Here are some shots of the House of Horrors sign and also the crate complete with shipping information. I took a lot of time pausing and looking at the film to make sure I got everything as accurate as I could. I did have to make a few guesses as to the lettering on the crate but this is as screen accurate as I could get.

And one last shot with more moody lighting...

All of your stuff is looking great!

Hopefully Mr Barlow releases those Abbot & Costello heads soon... looking forward to adding them to my collection.

-
Dennis

That is awesome man... congrats on getting you grail series :rock

Thanks dls...

How are you going to costume Bud and Lou for your A&C Meet the Mummy?

And thank you Galactiboy, for your words of encouragement.

Right now, I am working on making something that looks like a wrought iron bracket to support the House of Horrors sign out of balsa and Sculpey. It looks promising right now and I will post some shots of it when it is completed.

JJ-

For my A&C Meet The Mummy set-up I plan on outfitting the guys in a pair of khaki outfits I picked up from Cotswold Collectibles a number of years ago. I got a couple of suitable pith helmets a few months ago. Belts and boots I plucked from the spare parts bin.

I will probably make a custom Mummy.

Right now the plan is to put the three figures together similar to the black & white photo below... the facial expression on Bud's sculpt obviously doesn't match to the surprised look in the photo... but thinking I might pose the three together as if just before the photo was taken... before the Mummy makes the grab for them.

-
Dennis

One more question dls...

How are you planning to add the pencil mustache Bud is wearing in the photos?

No mustache for my Abbott, dls...

He didn't have one when they made A&C Meet Frankenstein, he grew it later.

Here are some shots of the mounting bracket and House of Horrors sign. The bracket is made with sculpey and balsa wood.

Sean and Galactiboy, Thanks so much for stopping in here from time to time. It is good to hear some words of encouragement. I hope you are enjoying my progress on this project as much as I am making these things.

Now I am finishing up working on the easels for the Dracula's Legend, and Frankenstien's Monster placards. They are turning out quite well so far.

Back