Abbott and Costello Meet . . .

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Abbott and Costello meet . . .

I sense some bitterness Ironman, and I completly understand.

Somehow I've overlooked this topic until just now, as well!

Yes!!! Chick and Wilber in their work clothes, please!!!

ironman1188 said:
We ain't gettin' Bud & Lou.
jungle jom said:
Just a dream... but you can't fault me for that. we all have them.
Right, Jungle Jom!

I'd rather find joy in all of the great figures we did get from those lines rather than be bitter about the characters that, unfortunately, never saw the light of day.

Besides, I'm 57-years old, and popular culture and society at large has long since turned its back on my demographic — but I'd rather keep moving forward than dwell in the past. :)

C'est la vie! C'est la guerre!

FrankenFan said:
C'est la vie! C'est la guerre!

Hey!! This is a family forum. Watch that language!! :lol

And I am glad for what I was able to get. Its just very disheartening to decide to plunk down money into a license [or in this case several] that willnever be fulfilled. Besides, I like being bitter. It gives Sideshow the chance to make me look wrong in my convictions by making some of the long overlooked figures. :monkey5

How much could it be? If I purchase the license, can a forum artist do the sculpts and clothing design? :chew

jungle jom said:
Kodiak, Licensing information for Abbott and Costello can be found here: https://www.lousonfirst.com/ac_licen.htm

Universal would get involved also because they own the rights to the characters

E-mail requesting information has been sent. Worse case scenerio and the license is unreasonable, we commission a forum artist for the head sculpt and painting and use stock bodies. I'm sure we can get a doll clothing maker to make the clothes to near accuracy.

How much would you pay for the set? I'd pay $200.

For the set of two... I feel that for an item I've wanted so badly, for this long, two bills would be a bargin. That is if the head sculpts were accurate and well done.

Last edited:

I agree with Iron Man's bitterness 1000%. Sideshow used to be cool, releasing classy collectibles for a small niche group, not so much for profit but because they loved the characters as much as anyone else. Now they are doing the same properties everyone else is doing, very little seperates them from the pack, even in the high end realm. There is a glimmer of innovation and creativity with the Dead line, but it pales next to all of thier previous lines that have been cut short, such as LIVE BY THE SWORD, or the Wrightson like Frankenstein that never was.

I know Sideshow doesn't owe us Universal Monster fans anything, but we have been with them from thier beginnings, it would be nice to have a 12'' action figure tossed at us once in a while, rather than glorified and expensive statues and busts. I used to talk Sideshow up everyday, but anymore I feel like they just don't care.

Poelzig said:
....I used to talk Sideshow up everyday, but anymore I feel like they just don't care.

Sarah Silverman says: You are wrong Poelzig. Sideshow does really really care about us Star Wars fans. Hell Sideshow even really cares about LOTR fans too sometimes. I hope you feel bad now.

sarah-silverman-jesus-is-magic-20050912053950540-000.jpg

jungle jom said:
Still not overwhelming... but a lot more replies than I thought I'd ever get on this subject. I guess there are a lot more old guys like me in this forum than I thought.

Grim, You forgot... in the Chick Young and Wilbur Grey baggage handler set; a candle ("Wait a minute, candles can't move") and a set of crow bars.

Don't worry Jom, you are not alone..I am a HUGE Abbott and Costello Fan...I have all their movies, some original posters etc. I watch at least one of their movies a week!

Thanks Darth, Its always good to hear from fans of the boys. And from down under no less. I just picked up the complete first season of their TV Show which features all the wacky characters (Stinky, Hillary Brook, Mike the Cop, Bingo the Chimp,...). I will not be getting the second season. It's not as absurd and every episode, for some reason, A & C are always getting mixed up with gangsters.

jungle jom said:
Thanks Darth, Its always good to hear from fans of the boys. And from down under no less. I just picked up the complete first season of their TV Show which features all the wacky characters (Stinky, Hillary Brook, Mike the Cop, Bingo the Chimp,...). I will not be getting the second season. It's not as absurd and every episode, for some reason, A & C are always getting mixed up with gangsters.

I'm trying to find the Susquehanna Hat Company on Bagel Street!! BAGEL STREET???!!!!

I think the funniest, oh by the way laugh I got from the show was when Lou was looking for Bagel Street and asks a guy walking down the street, 'Where am I?' and the guy without losing a stride blurts out, 'Earth' and keeps walking. Very funny stuff!

I think you'll be glad to hear then that my parents have had us 7 kids watching Abbott and Costello since we were tiny--I knew them long before I had heard of any modern movie nonsense and all that jazz, and I'm 23 now. We range from 29 to 14 years old, but those two are our favorite comedians. Heck, my mom can't go a single Halloween without watching every one of their monster flicks.

Those two are classics. Just priceless.

Captain... Your parents started you kids out right, and seven of you, God bless them. I did the same for my two boys (Now 18 and 21). A & C were some of the first movies they remember seeing and they still love them, as I do. My hope is that if enough people show interest in this thread Sideshow might take notice. Great to see someone of your age hip to Bud and Lou; hope there are more. Tell your parents they did well.

kodiak8658 said:
E-mail requesting information has been sent. Worse case scenerio and the license is unreasonable, we commission a forum artist for the head sculpt and painting and use stock bodies. I'm sure we can get a doll clothing maker to make the clothes to near accuracy.

How much would you pay for the set? I'd pay $200.

Hey Kodi... Any response to your E-mail about lisencing?

Niagara Falls! Slowly I turned...step by step...

Classic stuff. Personally, I've always wanted a line of PFs based on classic comedians.

Abbott and Costello
The Three Stooges (technically, all 6 Stooges)
The Marx Brothers (Groucho, Chico and Harpo only...screw Zeppo and Gummo)

I'm no fan of Laurel and Hardy or Charlie Chaplin, but I'm sure they'd also fit well into that line.

So get on it, Sideshow!

Its nice when a 3 year old thread is resurrected and there is actually a point!!!

Congrats on your grail figures being made :duff

Back