Abbott and Costello Meet . . .

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if anyone has seen the Aurora Monster Scene models that are currently up on EBay. It's the first time that I have seen them, and they have very good likenesses of Lou and Glenn Strange as the Monster. They are not in 1/6 scale, but for anyone that has an interest, here are some pics:

e724a4f5229eb9ae3a872357792e7768.jpg

5543e9605b3dcda6b8933698e8792e00.jpg

8a65f1d6a994159ec47d61c529c20c63.jpg

cdc146da6932cb6a5e5e550ce0c25d1b.jpg

58867ea377951b04ea140e86cd4741d4.jpg

03cd9797a89cb18cae3722b193df4730.jpg

c841621f.jpg

Now that is one cool model! In fact it is the best sculpt of Lou that I've seen in a model. The other two models I've seen do not feature very good likenesses.

I'd love to see it painted up, but I am not interested in purchasing it. I'll stick to 1/6th figures.

Thanks for posting it, Jerry!

My Abbott and Costello project has been on hold until we complete our cross country move. Everything I own is now in boxes and will be picked up by the movers at the end of the month. When I am settled in a new home I will continue with it. Until then, I thought I would share something I found on the Universal Monster Army forum:

https://www.universalmonsterarmy.com/forum/index.php?topic=18096.0

These are life size, and with the exception of the Monster, they are exceptionally well done.

The question is who would have the room to display these things.

005_zps64ebeca1.jpg

002_zpsa234403e.jpg

Life size! Must have a great deal of room in his house, and my guess is that he's not married :wink1:

Hey Jungle,

Check this post out on ebay...I hope he gets what he wants because that will mean your's will be worth double!

View item:
1/6 CUSTOM ABBOTT AND COSTELLO meet frankenstein 12" FIGURES RARE WIB

Wow!

A thousand dollars for Bud and Lou. That's a hefty price tag. It doesn't even include the monsters.

It is the best paint job I've seen on these sculpts, he really got Lou's part in his hair perfect. I did notice that he didn't cut Lou's legs down to make him shorter, he just spread his legs to make it appear that he was shorter than Bud. Overall I think they look just great. I can't wait to get mine done,

Thanks for the great find. I hope they go to a big fan of the team.

Yeah, I agree the paint job is good on them both...but $1,000....really? It will be interesting to see what they finally sell for. And I know your figures will end up better because of your great eye for detail...if he gets $1k without the monsters, your investment has just gone up...lets see...

Well...

This project has been on hold way too long because of a cross country move and some difficulty making the jackets for Bud and Lou.

I was afraid I was not up to the task so I hired a seamstress to create the jackets, what a disaster! She made half of Bud's jacket and charged me a boatload of money and the jacket ended up looking more like a shirt and she held my figures hostage until I paid her fee. I got nothing useable for my money. Lesson learned. If you want something done right... do it yourself.

So... I sewed. A lot of trial and error and many crooked collars later, I think I'm slowly moving ahead. I managed to get something I can live with. I just have to attach the sleeves and cuffs and add on the pockets. I hope to post more in progress pics in the coming weeks.

[/URL[URL=https://s1143.photobucket.com/user/junglejom/media/DSC_0025_zps338be295.jpg.html]

[/URL[URL=https://s1143.photobucket.com/user/junglejom/media/DSC_0026_zps3d57b218.jpg.html]

I forgot to add that I'm sorry you had to go through that with the seamstress. A similar thing happened to me when I hired someone to do sgt pepper jackets, only worse. Paid for them and got ZERO. Ouch, still hurts but I learned the same lesson. Jim, you have great sewing skills so everything will turn out better...

Thanks so much Jerry!

I just had to grab the bull by the horns and just forge ahead. Sorry to hear that you had a similar experience with your seamstress.

I am very encouraged by my progress with sewing these things, I just wish I was a bit more skilled. I do have plans for Mc Dougal's House of Horrors it will be a big dio. 22" high by 21" deep by 36" long. I also purchased some foam bricks and white air dry clay for the mortar for the outside wall. I will be mounting the delivery entrance sign on that outer wall.

Now all I have to do is to find a good painter for the heads.

It will be fun to see this dio unfold. Sounds like you have a dungeon feel in mind for the House of Horrors. I saw a 1/6 scale model of the big chair the Monster sat in while Lou was searching around and sat on his lap. Ever thought of including something like that? There are a number of other things you could include and directions you can take...

The dio I will be making will be the wax museum. I plan on including the skeleton in the cage (just like the one you made) and also a mummy sarcophagus a 1/6 suit of armor and the picture of Dorian Grey to hang on a wall. Any other ideas?

The dungeon you are speaking of with the monster in the chair would also make a fantastic dio but my Bud and Lou are dressed in their delivery outfits. These uniforms were hard enough to make, I don't have any plans to make their street clothes but you never know... It sure would be cool to make this....

You're right...I didn't think about the fact that they wore different clothes in that dungeon scene...it would be cool to make though!

Btw, I bought that skeleton during the Halloween season when you can find a number of things like that to enhance your dio. You've got the essentials from the scene, but the fact that it's a House Of Horrors Wax Museum gives you the creative license to maybe include other fun things (and you can draw from their other horror films). The Invisible Man is in the film at the end...you could suspend a fedora with dark glasses somehow...cobwebs...Jeckel/Hyde table with chemicals...

If you decide to go the dungeon route, their street clothes will be easier to find, but your skills will be tested with those walls, steps....that rotating wall that they press would be a showstopper though. Fun, fun figures and subject matter where you can go on and on..

Thanks Jerry those are some good ideas to help flesh out the wax museum, if anything else pops into your head please let me know.

Well I've managed to attach the arms to the jackets after some trial and error, of course, but that is the last major hurdle in creating the jackets. With the sleeves and collar on straight, I will have no problems finishing these. The cuffs on the sleeves will be no problem and the front pockets will be easy. I just have to take my time to make the stitching super neat.

Here are two more WIP shots.

Bud and Lou don't look so pale anymore and their jackets are nearing completion, I just need to sew some pockets for the jackets and add buttons.

Many thanks to Steve Giunta for the paint, he did an unbelievable job and I am over the moon about them. Of course thanks also to Alex Lopez for the sculpts.

And here they are Bud Abbott and Lou Costello from "Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein".

Bud and Lou don't look so pale anymore and their jackets are nearing completion, I just need to sew some pockets for the jackets and add buttons.

Many thanks to Steve Giunta for the paint, he did an unbelievable job and I am over the moon about them. Of course thanks also to Alex Lopez for the sculpts.

And here they are Bud Abbott and Lou Costello from "Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein".

Wow, now that's quite a paint job!! Most especially Bud...! Lou looks good too, but Bud is incredible..! Looking forward to more pics, Jim, as these figures and project continue to develop....congratulations!

Jim, post some close ups of Bud and Lou when you get a chance...they look great! I noticed Lou's inner ears are pink...great detail..

I'll be sure to post some real tight shots of the boys before the end of the weekend. Yeah Steven really did some detailed work on these. The only way I can see just how detailed these are is to take extreme close-ups and look at the photos. That's because I have such old eyes, I just can't see that close anymore.

Back