Abbott and Costello Meet . . .

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Abbott and Costello meet . . .

d16675d3.jpg

I just have to add, That I am honored to have the first reveal of these sculpts posted on my thread.

I'm tempted to get two sets. One set dressed in their street clothes and the other in their overalls work clothes

Thanks so much again, Jerry!

I just have to add, That I am honored to have the first reveal of these sculpts posted on my thread.

I'm tempted to get two sets. One set dressed in their street clothes and the other in their overalls work clothes

Thanks so much again, Jerry!

Yeah, I am in for two sets...these are too good!:yess:

Do you guys think, that considering the simpleness of their suits it would be too difficult to put these together ?

No, not at all...I have already put them together (in anticipation of the finished sculpts) and it is not hard at all. I will post pictures on the new thread so you can determine for yourself. And the thing is, in any direction you go, whether traditional suits, overalls, Navy or Army outfits, they are relatively easy to find. You will need a fat suit, and tailored pants for Ollie and I have also found sources for those...

Really looking forward to you starting the Laurel and Hardy thread, Jerry.

Hey Jim...thanks, I can always count on you for positive comments and encouragement! Just a quick update on L&H...Spenser mentioned last week that he would start a thread. I suspect he has waiting to do that because he is busy casting some initial sculpts so that he doesn't fall behind with his orders (he mentioned that he would do that to catch up on his Tron thread). In the meantime, he did send me my sculpts and they are amazing! I can't wait for him to post his thread so that you and everyone can order them...should be up shortly...

I am so looking forward to this....

Can you post some in hand shots of the sculpts you received?

and...

Back to Bud and Lou. My Abbott and Costello will finally be painted up and by one of the best painters here on this board.

Small Studios has agreed to paint them in the near future. I can't think of a better talent to make these guys come to life. Bud and Lou are favorites of mine and they deserve the best and that's why I held out for him to do the job.

Stay tuned I know the results will be jaw dropping!

It's great to hear that small studios is going to paint Bud and Lou...can't wait to see them finished by pros!

By the way, Most of the time I visit this thread, I have it bookmarked on the first page and I end up reading the first couple of lines...amazing that these heads came true!

Yeah...

Five years later, and I'm almost done. Once the heads are painted they will light a fire under me to get the jackets done.

Back