Abbott and Costello Meet . . .

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Abbott and Costello meet . . .

Jerry...

I think you've hit a home run with Bud and Lou! The pants fit Lou just great. Your grainy shots of them make it look like the pictures were taken at the time "Buck Privates" was filmed; I'd like to see the pictures converted to black and white.

My one suggestion to you is to set them up in less stiff poses like you had them before you got Lou's pants.

Overall you did a great job on these figures. Good to see your Abbott and Costello figures complete.

Now on to Mr. Laurel and Mr. Hardy!

Hey Jim,

Thanks to you also for your encouraging words! It feels good to finally have gotten everything in place for Bud and Lou, and I imagine your efforts feel real good for you as you started all of this even before there was a possibility of sculpts existing...incredible.

Anyway, I truly am looking forward to seeing your efforts come to a great conclusion seeing all your figures together...that will be cool!

I plan to post a few more pics in B & W and will scan a few of their movies for poses and routines to get some ideas (that will a fun part for me).

We're soooo close to Mr. Laurel and Mr. Hardy. Here is a pic of Stan before, and after his hair was fixed. Great improvement! He is ready for casting and may be in process of being cast as we speak...

Along with the Dr. Jones outfit that is perfect for Stan, check out the Get Smart Chief figure...his jacket and outfit are perfect for Ollie...

"And away we go" (oops, wrong comedy team); I should say " why don't you do something to help me" (in reference to the cash that we will need)...

59f6fbf7.jpg

Hi Jerry...

Stan is looking great! The hair fix is fantastic, I hope it still works with the hat. It looks like, the derby, if sculpted right, will fit on his head perfectly.

I can't wait for you to start your thread so we can start ordering the L&H sculpts. Thanks so much for overseeing this project and bringing us the first 1/6 figures of the boys.

As far as using the Chief's clothes, I don't think they will work for me. I think it will be difficult to track them down since the "Get Smart" figures were made so long ago. I'll have to start looking around for something else that works.

Anyway I am real excited about the pair and am waiting for you to start the official thread.

Jim

and now as Jackie Gleason said..."A little traveling music"

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL0d4GWfNd8[/ame]

Last edited:

Here a a few shots of Lou sporting his new pants. These figures are starting to take shape and I'm very happy so far. I think I'm getting better at this sewing business, I really don't know what I'm doing or how I'm doing it but I think I'm doing a passable job so far.

Making the jackets will be the test though... I don't know where or how to start them. What I did with the pants was to kind of construct them in my head, visualizing each step and when I was confident, I might be able to pull it off, I started sewing.

I also have to track down an artist to paint them. I'd like SilentSurfer or Small Studios to do it but neither one is accepting commissions as of now.

I hope you like what I've done so far.

DSC_0010-1.jpg

DSC_0006-2.jpg

DSC_0014-2.jpg

DSC_0005-3.jpg

DSC_0016-2.jpg

Love 'em...great job! Your sewing is incredible. Why, you are getting to be quite a Betty Crocker (oops, guess she's for cooking, right?)...

And I love that last picture with Lou on the crate! That was a funny part of the movie..

Thanks so much Sean and Jerry!

I think with each item I make, I get a little bit better in my sewing skills.

When I start with Ollie's clothes, I will use the leftover material from Lou's pants to make Mr Hardy's suit. I like the color and feel of that material and it would work well with him.

Getting closer with Stan and Ollie. I just received a pm that Ollie has been painted, and that Spenser is going to try to finish the set up this week... :blissy
No pics yet...

Great news, Jerry!

Has Spencer given you any indication of how much he will be charging for a painted set of Stan and Ollie including the hats?

I'm really looking forward to owning these two guys. Also, don't go crazy looking for Stan's clothes. The Henry Jones Sr outfits are really hard to come by but I may have found suitable clothes for a lot cheaper. I'll let you know about it when I nail down the details.

If anyone needs Bud and Lou, it's you,1/6th!

They would go great with your fantastic Karloffs. Where did you get them?

I found them on Ebay. Their clothes are all hand made. I believe the head sculpts are from a Boris Karloff figure. And I just added a few touches.

Well they look just great!

Too bad you don't have a Mr. Hyde head sculpt to go with your Dr Jekyll.

Yeah---but thats Freddy March. You need this head for those great bashes!

Yeah you right. That head sculpt would be collectible!:yess:

Back