Aayla Secura Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have followed to someone who got a crap replacment that was even worse than the original. he was told that ss was working on getting him a custom statue made from factory and it took 8 months to get. when he got the statue it was much much worse than the original. he put photos up of it to. when he complained about it they closed his account.

dude, I hope this is not true. :(

Yup, I've seen that story too. He contacted the CA AG and BBB, which are well within his legal rights to do, and then they closed his account because of it. It seems if you don't accept Sideshow's crappy customer service solution and you do something about it SS will retaliate and close your account. Its an awful business which is why I will not be making anymore purchases from them.

This is a little disheartening......

If this is true, it will eventually catch up to them...... You would hope...

dude, I hope this is not true. :(

it is true like lord maul said. the guy shared his letter to the bbb and attorney general and it was well written with dates and detailed conversations. that is 8 months worth btw. then ss had the nerve to blame the guy for not waiting long enough for them to figure out a solution. the guy waited 8 months and got a crap replacement. they royaly screwed the guy over by closing his account in retaliation for filing with the bbb and attorney general instead of making it right. ss should be ashamed!!!!

can someone show some pictures of the socket of the arm ? on the statue and on the arm itself ?

Wow, that's too bad really. :(

No kidding, so far I've had great experience with sideshow customer service and it's a little disheartening to hear that they had a really bad experience. It's makes me feel a little torn about ordering from them anymore despite the fact that they usually produce some of the best statues out there. Like I was pleased with how they handled my Psylocke ex replacement with the body paint issues.

Just saw that Aayla is back in stock at sideshow. Wasn't expecting that. Went ahead and ordered her. Will look good together with Shaak Ti.

BBTS had some from the original batch a few weeks ago. You would have been better off to go that route. All you have to do is check this and the other forum and see all the talk of bad replacements. No way the stock Sideshow has is new. Unless people backed out on the replacements before Sideshow shipped them. But then why is Sideshow only putting these up on site now? Doesn't make sense.

Yup, I've seen that story too. He contacted the CA AG and BBB, which are well within his legal rights to do, and then they closed his account because of it. It seems if you don't accept Sideshow's crappy customer service solution and you do something about it SS will retaliate and close your account. Its an awful business which is why I will not be making anymore purchases from them.

I think Sideshow takes it personally if you try to call them out on anything. But they do offer a generous return policy. I've never heard of a customer being forced to keep a damaged / defective statue and paying for return shipping.

I know it's not going to happen. But there is still a chance of a Mythos Aayla statue. If not there is the Gentle Giant version still in the works. And a chance for a Kotobukiya version.

I think Sideshow takes it personally if you try to call them out on anything. But they do offer a generous return policy. I've never heard of a customer being forced to keep a damaged / defective statue and paying for return shipping.

They do have a very generous return policy usually but unfortunately they do not have very good communication skills. I've read countless times about people waiting days, weeks, or months before hearing a response from Sideshow.

I have read about someone who was not satisfied with one of their piece's paint job and the statue had a couple chips in it as well and Sideshow would not admit to it being a flawed piece. And although they would let him return it if he wanted to, since they did not consider it flawed they forced him to pay for the return shipping if he wanted to return it. I'm not necessarily saying this is good or bad, but Sideshow will only pay for return shipping if they consider there to be something wrong with it.

But besides all of this, if these Aayla's are indeed returned pieces and Sideshow does not disclose that these are returned because of flaws and sells them as new that should be illegal under the laws of misrepresentation.

Sideshow may take it personal if you call them out on something, but if that something that they are doing is illegal then they should be called out and they should be punished by the law for what they have done.

Last edited:
aayala secura

Hi Guys,
I am new in the forum and i need help.
I don`t know what doing:dunno
I have received today my Premium Aayala Secura but the light inside of the lightsaber is broken.
Do you know where i can find the inside lamp?

Regards from Portugal

Re: aayala secura

Hi...

I also have the same problem.. i'm living in Indonesia and had bought an aayla secura pf ex from a local seller here and the led bulb inside doesn't work as well...

I tried emailing and chatting with SS CS but no reply.. finally got thru to them after 2 weeks... but they don't seem to understand the meaning of customer service, as all they said was that I got to call the seller who bought it from SS to make a call to them... LOL

Basically they won'y help anybody who doesn't buy directly from them... so why give toy retailers the franchise to sell for them... I told them that which ever store I bought it from doesn't matter coz ultimately they got my money and i'm still a customer to them...

Still they said simply... "sorry but we can't help you"...

After this I asked them if they could just simply tell me if the led bulb inside the saber can be changed as any child would know that a bulb has a short life span, so I would guess that SS technicians and designers would make a statue which we can change the bulbs... but the again the answer from the CS was "I don't think so, will have to ask the design team... have a nice day"... crap no help at all from SS CS only BS from SS CS... LOL...

Its been discussed in great lengths in almost every star wars pf thread guys.
Also, sideshows warranty is limited to 30 days anyways... Regardless of where you purchased it from.

They do have a very generous return policy usually but unfortunately they do not have very good communication skills. I've read countless times about people waiting days, weeks, or months before hearing a response from Sideshow.

I have read about someone who was not satisfied with one of their piece's paint job and the statue had a couple chips in it as well and Sideshow would not admit to it being a flawed piece. And although they would let him return it if he wanted to, since they did not consider it flawed they forced him to pay for the return shipping if he wanted to return it. I'm not necessarily saying this is good or bad, but Sideshow will only pay for return shipping if they consider there to be something wrong with it.

But besides all of this, if these Aayla's are indeed returned pieces and Sideshow does not disclose that these are returned because of flaws and sells them as new that should be illegal under the laws of misrepresentation.

Sideshow may take it personal if you call them out on something, but if that something that they are doing is illegal then they should be called out and they should be punished by the law for what they have done.

I would just call Sideshow if I had a problem. Talking is still better than emailing. Especially with all these almost form answers coming from Sideshow that I read on posts here.

I thought Sideshow had a 30 days no questions asked return policy with paid return shipping? Paint chips shouldn't be acceptable for the price of these statues.

Let's see what people here get with the coming Aayla statues. Most can tell a factory sealed package from a previously opened one.

you got to love a company that stands behind their product. ss does not take care of their customers here who buy direct so i cannot imagine what it is like for someone who bought from somewhere else.

i have read many stories like that also with paint issues and chips in polystone but ss did not consider it damaged and excused the paint by saying all statues are hand painted so if they wanted to return it the customer had to pay for shipping it back.

Hi Guys,
I am new in the forum and i need help.
I don`t know what doing:dunno
I have received today my Premium Aayala Secura but the light inside of the lightsaber is broken.
Do you know where i can find the inside lamp?

Regards from Portugal

As far as I know, no one has come up with a replacement method. Sideshow needs to come up with a way to replace these lightsaber internals. But they haven't. You probably should have returned it to who you got it from or asked for a discount.

I have buy it from a retail shop where i buy all my Premiuns.
I can return but is the last one in stock. The shop owner is a serious guy.
He have mailed to the Sideshow and they have answered to find an artist!!!!!

Back