Aayla Secura Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: aayala secura

No, but if it was the problem was the same.
They don`t tell what to do in a situation like this.
There should be a solution to replace the lamp inside.
Sideshow's response is to look for an artist who can solve the problem!!!

I thought Sideshow had a 30 days no questions asked return policy with paid return shipping? Paint chips shouldn't be acceptable for the price of these statues.

Nope. The free return shipping is only applicable if SS deems the statue flawed. They will let you return it if you are unhappy with it, but if they don't consider it flawed you will be footing the bill for the return shipping. If you live in a country outside of the U.S. I would assume SS would pull their "our statues are hand painted and paint flaws are acceptable bla bla bla..." excuse more often because the return shipping would cost a very high amount on their end.

The sad thing is that when the flawed item is returned to Sideshow they will just end up shipping it out to someone else :mad:.

Nope. The free return shipping is only applicable if SS deems the statue flawed. They will let you return it if you are unhappy with it, but if they don't consider it flawed you will be footing the bill for the return shipping. If you live in a country outside of the U.S. I would assume SS would pull their "our statues are hand painted and paint flaws are acceptable bla bla bla..." excuse more often because the return shipping would cost a very high amount on their end.

The sad thing is that when the flawed item is returned to Sideshow they will just end up shipping it out to someone else :mad:.

I just looked over their return policy again. It reads at times like Sideshow thinks that we are children and never purchased stuff before. And I would think paint chips on expensive statues fall under the definition of a defect / damage. I think a lot of people aren't being firm with Sideshow and accepting the small refund / credit towards order. Which honestly a higher credit towards a future purchase that might also show up damaged defective is a bit insulting.

But I've never had a problem with them yet. When I see problem statues I usually pass. In the case of Aayla, I went to a dealer to make sure everything was ok.

I just looked over their return policy again. It reads at times like Sideshow thinks that we are children and never purchased stuff before. And I would think paint chips on expensive statues fall under the definition of a defect / damage. I think a lot of people aren't being firm with Sideshow and accepting the small refund / credit towards order. Which honestly a higher credit towards a future purchase that might also show up damaged defective is a bit insulting.

But I've never had a problem with them yet. When I see problem statues I usually pass. In the case of Aayla, I went to a dealer to make sure everything was ok.

I just don't like the way Sideshow is being run. Paint chips in a $200+ statue should absolutely be considered a flaw. People are not being firm on Sideshow at all and they are terrified if they stand up to Sideshow that Sideshow will close their account.

The big problem here is that when people are being treated poorly by Sideshow they still continue to purchase products from them partly because nobody offers quite the same types of pieces that Sideshow does. When people keep giving Sideshow business after they are treated so poorly Sideshow is getting the message that they can continue to treat customers any way they want and people will continue to give them business. They have no clue that they need to make some changes.

Not only this but because people continue to purchase pieces from Sideshow they also realize that they can raise the prices on their pieces, which they have. PF's have gone up nearly $150 over the last few years.

I am done with Sideshow. If I would have read half of the stories I have read about them beforehand I never would have made any purchases from them.

I just don't like the way Sideshow is being run. Paint chips in a $200+ statue should absolutely be considered a flaw. People are not being firm on Sideshow at all and they are terrified if they stand up to Sideshow that Sideshow will close their account.

The big problem here is that when people are being treated poorly by Sideshow they still continue to purchase products from them partly because nobody offers quite the same types of pieces that Sideshow does. When people keep giving Sideshow business after they are treated so poorly Sideshow is getting the message that they can continue to treat customers any way they want and people will continue to give them business. They have no clue that they need to make some changes.

Not only this but because people continue to purchase pieces from Sideshow they also realize that they can raise the prices on their pieces, which they have. PF's have gone up nearly $150 over the last few years.

I am done with Sideshow. If I would have read half of the stories I have read about them beforehand I never would have made any purchases from them.

And yet you still visit this board everyday to post over and over again how much you don't like them and won't buy from them again. If you are truly done with them, then why would you continue to frequent a site whose main focus is Sideshow and their products? :lol

And yet you still visit this board everyday to post over and over again how much you don't like them and won't buy from them again. If you are truly done with them, then why would you continue to frequent a site whose main focus is Sideshow and their products? :lol

Hopefully to see Sideshow actually respond and say they are making some changes, or maybe to see if someone else sees one of my posts and makes a comment on something negative that has happened to them and what steps they are taking against Sideshow.

Sideshow loves people like you who even after seeing how clearly they can screw things up for some people you continue to purchase products from them without even saying a word of negativity of how Sideshow could possibly do this to somebody.

If nobody ever takes action against Sideshow sooner or later it will be them who has the unfortunate Sideshow experience.

I love collecting and I love what Sideshow can produce when everything goes smoothly and would love to give them more of my business someday but not until I see some changes have been made.
Maybe you should think of that before trying to sound like a smarta** to somebody.

I don't know enough about the whole close account situation. However, if I was trying to help a customer and they told me they were going to the BBB. I would probably close their account too. It's like saying that the customer doesn't want to deal with the company anymore. So why would the customer need an account for future purchases?

Sideshow might be slow but I've never heard of them not refunding anyone. You can message them on site, email them, or call them. I guess you could write too but that would be for more serious situations when you need to pass by normal customer service people and let a manager know exactly what's going on in detail.

I don't know enough about the whole close account situation. However, if I was trying to help a customer and they told me they were going to the BBB. I would probably close their account too. It's like saying that the customer doesn't want to deal with the company anymore. So why would the customer need an account for future purchases?

Sideshow might be slow but I've never heard of them not refunding anyone. You can message them on site, email them, or call them. I guess you could write too but that would be for more serious situations when you need to pass by normal customer service people and let a manager know exactly what's going on in detail.

so you condone the poor treatment of your fellow collectors in favor of a company whos only care about you is your money. not that you received a flawed item or that you have to wait months for a replacement, and when you do fianlly get your replacement it is an obvious defective and damaged statue that someone else returned. in the meantime all avenues of communication have been exhausted forcing some to turn to making complaints to the bbb. and all sideshow had to do was make it right in the first place. no, sideshow would rather close accounts. not one of us deserves to have their account closed for sideshows messups! my father is a small business owner and i have worked for him during summers while in school and if any of his employees ever let it get to the point where a customer felt so unsatisfied with his business that they would file a complaint to the bbb or ag he would see that as a failure on his part. i have never heard of sideshow not refunding someone either but i have read stories about sideshow making customers who received defective damaged items pay for return shipping because sideshow has the final say if an item is damaged or not. when i see photos of damaged stuff and emails copied saying that so n so has to pay for return shipping that is wrong. just like it is wrong for customers who buy a new item but are shipped a returned one. that is wrong. or customers who are told to just hang in there a little longer because their replacement is coming and it will be worth it, but it is not because it is a returned item, that is wrong! but if you want to condone that type of behavior to your fellow collectors in favor of this company, you go right ahead.

If a customer ever has to go as far as contacting the BBB then there is something seriously wrong on the company's end. A company should never let whatever the problem happens to be escalate to that level, nor retaliate against the customer for the company's wrong doing.

If the BBB is contacted it is much more likely the company has given up on the customer and is unwilling to give the customer what they are looking for, not the other way around.

so you condone the poor treatment of your fellow collectors in favor of a company whos only care about you is your money. not that you received a flawed item or that you have to wait months for a replacement, and when you do fianlly get your replacement it is an obvious defective and damaged statue that someone else returned. in the meantime all avenues of communication have been exhausted forcing some to turn to making complaints to the bbb. and all sideshow had to do was make it right in the first place. no, sideshow would rather close accounts. not one of us deserves to have their account closed for sideshows messups! my father is a small business owner and i have worked for him during summers while in school and if any of his employees ever let it get to the point where a customer felt so unsatisfied with his business that they would file a complaint to the bbb or ag he would see that as a failure on his part. i have never heard of sideshow not refunding someone either but i have read stories about sideshow making customers who received defective damaged items pay for return shipping because sideshow has the final say if an item is damaged or not. when i see photos of damaged stuff and emails copied saying that so n so has to pay for return shipping that is wrong. just like it is wrong for customers who buy a new item but are shipped a returned one. that is wrong. or customers who are told to just hang in there a little longer because their replacement is coming and it will be worth it, but it is not because it is a returned item, that is wrong! but if you want to condone that type of behavior to your fellow collectors in favor of this company, you go right ahead.

That was very well said.

If a customer ever has to go as far as contacting the BBB then there is something seriously wrong on the company's end. A company should never let whatever the problem happens to be escalate to that level, nor retaliate against the customer for the company's wrong doing.

If the BBB is contacted it is much more likely the company has given up on the customer and is unwilling to give the customer what they are looking for, not the other way around.

I look at going to the BBB, which I've never done, the same as telling your credit card to look into a problem with a merchant. It's basically saying you can't deal with them anymore. I bet Sideshow would close the account too if a customer told their credit card company there was a problem. And the few times I've had to report a company to my credit card I've never dealt with that company again afterwards. It's like having to go to court or get a divorce or something. If you need a third party to work things out why would you deal with that person again?

But to me it should never even get this far. I would have been out as soon as Sideshow said wait a few months as a credit card will only back a purchase after a few months or so. If Sideshow said wait an extra few months for a replacement you are shifting away some of your rights as a customer and believing in a company's word that everything will be ok. Not the position I want to be in. And never has a company as long as I've purchased over mail order or the Internet ever said I would have to pay for return shipping on an item that was defective (the problem missed in quality control), damaged in shipping by improper packaging or mishandling in transit. They wouldn't have the nerve to tell me something like that. Especially if I waited months. Which I wouldn't wait anyways. And if a representative did, I would just ask for a supervisor. I wouldn't deal with the person that said something like that.

For people that did wait and Sideshow still didn't get things right. At the least, they should offer a $25 credit or free shipping on a future order. After all the customer did give Sideshow the chance to get things right.

I look at going to the BBB, which I've never done, the same as telling your credit card to look into a problem with a merchant. It's basically saying you can't deal with them anymore. I bet Sideshow would close the account too if a customer told their credit card company there was a problem. And the few times I've had to report a company to my credit card I've never dealt with that company again afterwards. It's like having to go to court or get a divorce or something. If you need a third party to work things out why would you deal with that person again?

But to me it should never even get this far. I would have been out as soon as Sideshow said wait a few months as a credit card will only back a purchase after a few months or so. If Sideshow said wait an extra few months for a replacement you are shifting away some of your rights as a customer and believing in a company's word that everything will be ok. Not the position I want to be in. And never has a company as long as I've purchased over mail order or the Internet ever said I would have to pay for return shipping on an item that was defective (the problem missed in quality control), damaged in shipping by improper packaging or mishandling in transit. They wouldn't have the nerve to tell me something like that. Especially if I waited months. Which I wouldn't wait anyways. And if a representative did, I would just ask for a supervisor. I wouldn't deal with the person that said something like that.

For people that did wait and Sideshow still didn't get things right. At the least, they should offer a $25 credit or free shipping on a future order. After all the customer did give Sideshow the chance to get things right.

Why people keep repeating this nonsense?????
Sideshow never asks a customer to pay for shipping if the item received defective.
The ONLY time you will pay for return shipping is when you want to return it after changing your mind about keeping it ( for various reasons - no money, don't like it, change mind, etc ). And that is the policy ALL companies use, not only Sideshow.

Sideshow never asks a customer to pay for shipping if the item received defective.
The ONLY time you will pay for return shipping is when you want to return it after changing your mind about keeping it ( for various reasons - no money, don't like it, change mind, etc ). And that is the policy ALL companies use, not only Sideshow.

That's because according to Bastilla and others, when Sideshow asks for pics, they determine how damaged a statue is. They offer discounts/credits first then decide on the return. In the case of the one person, Sideshow said the damage was a normal part of a hand painted statue or something to that nature and told them to pay for return shipping.

I've glanced at posts around here where people talk about breaking the statue rather than deal with Sideshow's small chip policy.

Whatever the case, people just need to be firm. Sideshow wouldn't attempt this stuff if they weren't getting away with it. I have my Aayla and I'm happy. Now I'm looking forward to the Adam Hughes Mara statue that's due...

I have seen this happen more than once. A customer is unsatisfied with their statue, they send pics to SS, SS determines their statue is not flawed/broken enough, SS states their items are hand painted and unique bla bla bla, SS states the customer can return the item if they are unhappy but since it is not flawed according to SS standards the customer will be responsible for the return shipping.

The whole situation is still up on the BBB. It's the first one.

https://www.bbb.org/santa-barbara/B...housand-oaks-ca-92000502/Complaints#breakdown

I wouldn't have gone through the whole process. Nor do I know why Sideshow takes the position of making "custom" replacements in rare cases when they know the quality isn't under strict control. A link to the guy's pics.

https://www.wetacollectors.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1430764&postcount=25

The eyes are off on his first one. The pic angle on the second one might make the eye look bad. But everyone knows the belts on these are bad. I had some paint too on my Aayla that was easily removed with some warm water and mild soap.

Last edited:
The whole situation is still up on the BBB. It's the first one.

https://www.bbb.org/santa-barbara/B...housand-oaks-ca-92000502/Complaints#breakdown

I wouldn't have gone through the whole process. Nor do I know why Sideshow takes the position of making "custom" replacements in rare cases when they know the quality isn't under strict control. A link to the guy's pics.

https://www.wetacollectors.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1430764&postcount=25

The eyes are off on his first one. The pic angle on the second one might make the eye look bad. But everyone knows the belts on these are bad. I had some paint too on my Aayla that was easily removed with some warm water and mild soap.

:lecture Those pics from your link.... WOW! .....just, WOW!

Sideshow needs to step up and handle this the right way.

Back