A Wife's Response

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife always encourages and supports my collecting, electronics, and gaming habits. Same with Ill and DA, she knows I don't spend money on doing stupid things or buying high end crap to make my Jeep look good. Plus the fact that I work full time for the Government, take classes in graphic design, rock the video games with you guys and still have time to spend with her... she doesn't mind the collectibles. :D :rock

My wife always encourages and supports my collecting, electronics, and gaming habits. Same with Ill and DA, she knows I don't spend money on doing stupid things or buying high end crap to make my Jeep look good. Plus the fact that I work full time for the Government, take classes in graphic design, rock the video games with you guys and still have time to spend with her... she doesn't mind the collectibles. :D :rock

I have full support from my wife as well. She gets mad when I over do it. This past couple of months I have over done it! :lol

My fiancee completely supports my little collecting habit as long as it doesn't interfere with our daily responsibilities like paying mortgage, car insurance, utilities, etc. So I make sure I keep a budget handy to keep me in check.

Unfortunately, Spooktacular made me go a little overboard, but at least I got my Xmas shopping done. :lol

YOU NEED TO STOPPPPPPPP!!!!!!! STOP SPENDING MONEY ON YOUR TOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My wife says this to me everytime another sideshow box shows up :lol

Then she sees how happy it makes me and she calms down a little.... very little.

EDIT: to be honest, she is very cool about my collection, she just doesn't understand that its not finished :)

Nor will it ever be I'm sure. I know mine won't.

Not as long as SS keep putting out great Star Wars stuff!

It's funny how at first when it was just a couple GG busts and the first couple of 12" I would get depressed at how my two little shelves looked. Now that I've got two PFs (Obi was actually a gift from my wife:D) , Jabba, & most of the 12" line it really does look great and makes me happy everytime I go into my office.

I've learned to warn my wife a couple of weeks in advance when another figure is coming, and she always has the same responce "but you don't have any room" to which I reply "of course I do I just have to rearange it all!" which of course is half the fun :D Then the box shows up and I really think she just can't help heself, she has to make some kind of comment. Then again if I didn't have her as a couter-point I might just spend too much money on all this stuff and be much worse off :monkey3

I just had to chime in and contribute to the fun, my wife is really awesome, but as she is not a sci-fi/comic/video game type, she will just never really understand. Now if you need someone to party with though, my wife is the s##t! To top it off she is a really great mother too :eek:

Back