*A Warning Re Rouge Forum Member*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone can see you have 11 positive feedback compared to the one negative so I wouldn't worry too much about your reputation.
Arguing and insults on the other hand may affect that.
Again...Time to move on?

Ok well this thread needs to be locked as it is not on at all.

I have moved on but obviously this guy has not as he is trying to take me too court over it WELL SO HE SAYS:rotfl
Which I'm not bothered about as I'm in debt to my eyeballs , it is the principal of the matter.

So whom would you say is in the wrong here? Me or him?

As it is definitely not me.
This is my last post on this thread anyways.

May I weigh in? :lol

I think I would side with HJ on this one. What we have here are the unrealistic expectations of a noob on someone who is basically a skilled hobbyist. We have seen this time and time again. Also looks like HJ did a good job on the repair. I am sure his brushes aren't magic wands.

"Hahaaaa lol whatever , small claims court , do you think I would actually bother to pay or
turn up.
Also it would cost you more in court fees , it will arrive back to you as it is.
Hahaaaaaa your such a fool I should take you to court over harassment"

Nice job at staying professional, I'll be sure to never deal with you. :peace

"Hahaaaa lol whatever , small claims court , do you think I would actually bother to pay or
turn up.
Also it would cost you more in court fees , it will arrive back to you as it is.
Hahaaaaaa your such a fool I should take you to court over harassment"

Nice job at staying professional.

He isn't professional. He is a hobbyist who is telling the guy to piss off with his threats and unrealistic expectations.

He isn't professional. He is a hobbyist who is telling the guy to piss off with his threats and unrealistic expectations.

I was talking about the childish response. If you can't meet requirements, don't take the job.

boringconversation.gif

In before the lock! Haha just stopping by to say Ive dealt with HJ and he was extremely nice and went the extra mile for me when it came to me buying his robbie's butchers hat/shoes, all he had to do was send it as is but he did mods for me for free, modded the butchers shoes to be more flat in the front, added snow and repainted the hat ribbon to be darker and more screen accurate AND THEN built me a real metal 1/6 cleaver and sent it to me for free, doesn't sound like a scammer to me.

Well at least the crack is gone! The paint job doesn't look like the original though. Just get it repainted by a professional painter this time around and you'll be all good. Expect to pay more than $60 for that though. Good luck buddy.

For some reason I can't post pictures anymore. Anyway, it was a gif of Grandpa Simpson walking in and out of the Maison Derriere.

My unbiased view:

HJ's premature confidence may have been misinterpreted by BeeDee as perfect repair and perfect paint. HJ's repair looks phenomenal. I honestly didn't know what was wrong until I realized the paint was off. Paint is still well done in itself though and pretty close. Again, expectations may have been set high for BeeDee by HJ.

Item did take a little longer to return but HJ did respond accordingly. We all have things going on in our lives which I believe HJ faintly mentioned (change of addresses, etc.) that he may not shared at the moment which may contribute to the delay. However, constantly promising a shipping date to someone with high expectations already and patiently waiting and failing to meet it, can be very aggravating.

Verdict: Item was repaired and returned in one piece. Services were rendered. I see no need for a refund. BeeDee's court claims are more personal than anything. This could have been all avoided if emotions didn't take over for the both of you.

HJ is good in my books. I don't know him nor have dealt with him. I just don't see any signs of him being a scammer and he did what he said he was going to do, an awesome repair job.

BeeDee: Remember when the statue broke and how you felt. You went online to find someone to help you. You had 0 feedback. HJ did you a favor by accepting to repair it for you. Step back, ignore his rash words, forget how long it took, breath and take a look at the repair. And like someone mentioned, if you want a perfect paint job, you might want to seek a professional. I think the repair in itself was worth the money.

Please close thread.

Here I thought this thread was about cosmetics! :slap

Anyway, great repair, average paint. Bee Dee has to realize that once you ask someone to repaint an item, it's going to change the look. What's worse, the original paintjob with a big fat ugly crack or a seemless repair with a different paintjob?

If you honestly think it looks worse now than it did before you sent it to him, you won't find many to agree on that one. Sometimes you gotta take a step back and see the big picture before you fly off the handle like a typical entitled consumer. These guys may be hobbyists, but they take pride in what they do and in this particular case it still shows despite a less than stellar paint application. He did his best and as there is no formal contract specifically defining what was "close enough" for you, this small claims decision is garbage.

Man Up, apologize for this outburst and do what you can to drop it. I can't believe you would take a hobbyist to court over this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back