A SHILL BIDDER IS GONE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SauronBurger

Freakalicious
Reaction score
ID:Terryvad

He always came in every Sam&Bill statue auction,which
bothered me a lot.

I needed to kick his ass out of ebay and fortunately, I was able to find some
evidence of his shill bidding as a seller.

And now, HE'S GONE PUHAHAHA
Parking shill bidder is gone !! Now Sam&Bill is mine !!

Merci park Terryvad, Rest in peace !! Get some freedom fries !!

Can't he just make a new account, and start over :confused: ?

Can you explain a bit more in detail what is wrong with bidding on every Sam & Bill auction and why that is a reason to "kick somebody ass out of Ebay"?

You will also find me bidding on a lot of SSW items lately, and altough this might bother other bidders, I don't see anything wrong with that :confused:

Of course, I agree shill bidding is bad / illegal, can you plese let us know about the evidence you've found?

Terryvad is a member of this board, I was in contact with him late last year about purchasing some statues, but didn't buy anything in the end. Maybe he can post his opinion here, too?

Evidence of shill bidding:

https://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=6479783201

https://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=6465639124

https://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=6479783190

https://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=5997970687

Both modano49 & charlycop11 are owned by Terryvad. He used
them to make shill bidding on his own auctions repeatedly
. It was very noticeable since these were only 1 feedback accounts
which is from Terryvad lol

Furthermore, not only on his auctions, but also he did it on a Sam&Bill
auction. I wouldn't do it if he didn't.

You don't bother anybody unless you do something like he did:eek:

Alright, I agree that you were right to report him!

SauronBurger said:
Furthermore, not only on his auctions, but also he did it on a Sam&Bill
auction.

Probably trying to push up the average price of Sam & Bill before he sold his own: auction

Yeah, that whole canceling bids thing is kind of hard to ignore. Looks pretty damn guilty to me.

goliath said:
Also see this thread here . The same "shiller" (is that a word?) was pushing my bids in another auction. I have reported "joliekatharina" to Ebay - nothing happened...

Now its a word. :) :peace

Looks like someone who pushes the price for the seller. Maybe its a service where sellers can pay for this.

The seller could easy stop this person to bid on his balrog. But maybe that would be against his intention.....

Domer said:
Now its a word. :) :peace

Looks like someone who pushes the price for the seller. Maybe its a service where sellers can pay for this.

The seller could easy stop this person to bid on his balrog. But maybe that would be against his intention.....

I did contact the seller of this Gimli AP auction telling him that I reported the "shiller" to Ebay and asking whether he would do anything about it - I got no reply...

Maybe this "shiller" is another account of somebody trying to create high prices before or while he is selling those same items himself?

If people bid on their own auctions, no wonder that prices for some collectibles (read original Balrog) skyrocketed in the past. I keep repeating, Ebay sux.

nash said:
Ebay is a neccessary evil.

I cant agree. Ebay is only the place where evil people behave like ****.

But ebay doesnt really care about that. Why should they? The get the ca$h. :banghead

Ebay may very well be a necessary evil, but if people are upping their own auctions, then they should be drug out into the street and have their statues shattered before them, then have their hands broken. Set a reserve on what you want............you get anymore than that and it is a bonus. Idiots that do run up prices just for fun of it or for trying to get the average cost of a piece to be what they want in their collection are selfish morons.

I disagree with both of you.

The buyers that GIVE scalpers the money and are stupid enough to pay riddiculous prices are the ones to blame. No scalper ever puts a gun to anyones head and tells them to place their bid. So what if someone is "shill" bidding on their own auction. If youre going to be retarded and braindead to actually bid way over its actual value, then you deserve to get robbed. If you dont buy into the bull crap of the auction, then obviously the scalpers will lose out on Ebay listing fees.

Besides the fact of retarded ebay buyers, Ebay is one of the only places people can find sold out items. and Im all for it.

SauronBurger said:
ID:Terryvad

He always came in every Sam&Bill statue auction,which
bothered me a lot.

I needed to kick his ass out of ebay and fortunately, I was able to find some
evidence of his shill bidding as a seller.

And now, HE'S GONE PUHAHAHA
Parking shill bidder is gone !! Now Sam&Bill is mine !!

Merci park Terryvad, Rest in peace !! Get some freedom fries !!

You speak like an children...
(It's my SAM & BILL and not you...etc...pathetique)

It's you problem if we don't find an Sam & Bill on Ebay, it's not my.
I 'm free to bid every where I want, you're not my Mother damw ^^
(But now you are an enemy for sure :naughty )

For me you are simply just an very bad person.
(an evil children/man)
And I have lot of other thing than speak with a guys like you. :cool:

For info I have receive this message from SauronBurger (terekdays):

PUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH !!!!! I GOT YOU !! GOODBYE ****ING DIRTY FRENCH TERRYVAD !! **** YOU !! I MEAN FUUUUUUCK YOU !! **** THE DE GOL !!! FRREEDOM FRIES ARE MINE !! **** YOU !! DIRTY SHILL BIDDER **** YOU !!! SHAME ON YOU MERCI ****YOU !!! FUUUUUXK YOU !!! THEIF !! SCAMMER !! MAUVIS SANG !!! DON'T KNOW WHAT IT MEANS BUT HOPE YOU **** YOU !!!

No comment...
(This message prouve this guys was a very very bad person...)
I have already send this message to E-bay

Originally quoted by nash

I disagree with both of you.

The buyers that GIVE scalpers the money and are stupid enough to pay riddiculous prices are the ones to blame. No scalper ever puts a gun to anyones head and tells them to place their bid. So what if someone is "shill" bidding on their own auction. If youre going to be retarded and braindead to actually bid way over its actual value, then you deserve to get robbed. If you dont buy into the bull crap of the auction, then obviously the scalpers will lose out on Ebay listing fees.

Besides the fact of retarded ebay buyers, Ebay is one of the only places people can find sold out items. and Im all for it.

I totally agree with you that ebay is a good tool for finding sold out items. I agree with you that buyers who pay ungodly prices for a piece are idiots and are the ones to blame for prices sky rocketing. But I feel that person that looks at an auction that they have no intention on buying, but see that it is going for under "value" and bid just to up the "value" of theirs, because they paid a riddiculous price are ones to blame as well. I set a limit for what I feel I want to spend on a piece, if it is more than that, I wait for another one to come along.

terryvad said:
You speak like an children...
(It's my SAM & BILL and not you...etc...pathetique)

It's you problem if we don't find an Sam & Bill on Ebay, it's not my.
I 'm free to bid every where I want, you're not my Mother damw ^^
(But now you are an enemy for sure :naughty )

For me you are simply just an very bad person.
(an evil children/man)
And I have lot of other thing than speak with a guys like you. :cool:

For info I have receive this message from SauronBurger (terekdays):

PUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH !!!!! I GOT YOU !! GOODBYE ****ING DIRTY FRENCH TERRYVAD !! **** YOU !! I MEAN FUUUUUUCK YOU !! **** THE DE GOL !!! FRREEDOM FRIES ARE MINE !! **** YOU !! DIRTY SHILL BIDDER **** YOU !!! SHAME ON YOU MERCI ****YOU !!! FUUUUUXK YOU !!! THEIF !! SCAMMER !! MAUVIS SANG !!! DON'T KNOW WHAT IT MEANS BUT HOPE YOU **** YOU !!!

No comment...
(This message prouve this guys was a very very bad person...)
I have already send this message to E-bay

Whether or not Terryvad is a shiller or not, I do think that Sauron Burger
shouldn't have sent an e-mail like that. A simple "I've reported you to Ebay
for being a shill bidder and will be taking steps to have you banned from Ebay"
would have sufficed. Accomplishes the very same thing, but comes off much better.
I do applaud you though SB for searching out shillers and getting them banned. :duff

Terryvad - You put in a couple bids on my Sam & Bill that fell in the middle
and really didn't affect the outcome, but I am curious - were you bidding to win?
And if you had won as Terryvad or charlycop11, would you have followed through?

Polite responses please, as I'm just truth searching here, and not looking to flame.

JS

Mithrandier said:
I totally agree with you that ebay is a good tool for finding sold out items. I agree with you that buyers who pay ungodly prices for a piece are idiots and are the ones to blame for prices sky rocketing. But I feel that person that looks at an auction that they have no intention on buying, but see that it is going for under "value" and bid just to up the "value" of theirs, because they paid a riddiculous price are ones to blame as well. I set a limit for what I feel I want to spend on a piece, if it is more than that, I wait for another one to come along.

I agree with you also. I in no way condone the actions of someone upping their own auction. But the solution is simple guys, exactly what Mithrandier said, set your own personal limit to the item you are trying to win, and if the bid point goes above that limit, just be patient and search for another one. You can never go wrong this way, and if the shill bidder happens to win his own auction, think about how much he will have to pay Ebay on a $500 ending price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back