Jurassic Park - Robert Muldoon (WIP)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey folks,
This is something I've been working on, off-and-on, for awhile now.
Muldoon from Jurassic Park was a pretty legendary character from my favourite movie as a kid.
He never really got the proper action figure treatment, so I'm doing a 6th scale version.
Most parts were quite easy to come by, but one signature piece of his attire was troublesome,
his vest, a modified Redhead hunting vest, so I put my fiancee', a seamstress, to work.
35009996052_c5eb8d30b0_z.jpg

It's not 100 percent, but to me it fits the bill pretty good.
34365565743_43bab1ee60_c.jpg

I will likely be re-attaching three buttons to the front, and may look into doing some shotgun shell pockets.
His boots in the film were either French or Russian paratrooper boots, with a buckled gaiter, so I used some old
Dragon boots I had kicking around that were similar in style and took a couple sharpies to them.
34788520880_82a955724e_b.jpg

34330236164_1a9f4ebcf0_c.jpg

I also did up a little nametag.
35184813475_5aa34b3642_c.jpg

I mounted it on a piece of an old gift card, cut to size.
35067873241_65ebd2baf4_c.jpg

Gave him a .45 and holster.
34825973950_b3e2e0c821_c.jpg

35082722441_41398d5791_c.jpg

34403527523_93e608cbb5_c.jpg

I also did a torso swap with another Dragon body I had so the head and hands would match more in colour.
Gotta do a measure of the head and put in an order for a Bush Hat from Stevo's Toys, but aside from that, he's nearly done, and I'm definitely liking how he's looking.
I've got some other JP stuff in the pipeline, such as a Grant, Dino Wrangler, and a Jeep TJ. Hopefully this will help give me the spark to get some more of them finished!

I just want to chime in here and say AWESOME job!

Muldoon is one of my favourite characters ever and when I was kid I wanted to grow up and be just like him ... a gamekeeper at a Dinosaur Park with a healthy respect for those dangerously clever raptors.

Your custom is great and the money shot has to be the first photo of him wearing the hat! I am starting out on an Ian Malcolm custom first and Muldoon is number two in the list (a 2018 project for me). Look forward to seeing more JP related projects.

I just want to chime in here and say AWESOME job!

Muldoon is one of my favourite characters ever and when I was kid I wanted to grow up and be just like him ... a gamekeeper at a Dinosaur Park with a healthy respect for those dangerously clever raptors.

Your custom is great and the money shot has to be the first photo of him wearing the hat! I am starting out on an Ian Malcolm custom first and Muldoon is number two in the list (a 2018 project for me). Look forward to seeing more JP related projects.

Haha I thought you may be a bit of a fan, given the avatar ;)
Really appreciate that though man.
He'll look a lot better with a proper bush hat.
If I had the skills I'd try and make my own, like this one:
chapea10.jpg

https://macvsog.yuku.com/topic/854/Bush-hat#.WT7RZ1UrKUk
But, well...I don't have those skills, haha.
I'll be relying on Stevo's Toys for that, gotta do some head sculpt measuring and then put an order in for a bush hat, and a suitable Grant fedora as well.

Gotta love Muldoon. You should consider commissioning a sculpt of Bob Peck.

I have thought about it actually. The one I found has a passable resemblance, so it'll do me for now.
I know a fella though who said he may put up a 3D rendering of his Muldoon on Shapeways. I'm hoping he will, and maybe put a Grant up as well.
They were part of a videogame that got canned or something, I think.
He also has made rims for the old Kenner vehicles, taken from the actual vehicles, which are pretty awesome.

With respect, I might suggest a more muscular body and shorter shorts. His quads are as legendary as his character.

Jacket and boots look excellent!

With respect, I might suggest a more muscular body and shorter shorts. His quads are as legendary as his character.

Jacket and boots look excellent!

Thanks Blade!
I'm using a Dragon body right now simply because it was the best fit for the existing head and gear. I may source a different body, maybe one with seamless legs, and some shorter shorts if the 3D version of the Peck sculpt gets made, give him a proper overhaul then.

Back