A sad story

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julio72

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right place to post this. I just needed to talk about this with somebody.

I'm really not much of a collector. Mostly, I'm a really big fan of Cammy from Street fighter, and I collect statues and pvc figurines of her. I have a Sideshow Delta Red Cammy which used to be the pride and joy of my collection, and is now damaged.

I had this idea, you see, this stupid idea, to have it repainted by a professional artist. I contacted this guy for the job, and sent it to him. I live in Mexico, by the way.

Somehow, the tips of my Cammy's braids broke off in transit to him, although I sent the statue in its original styrofoam package. Upon recieving them, Mr. Nejberger, for some reason, decided not to fix them or tell me anything about it. He set the broken pieces aside, repainted the statue and then fastened the broken pieces using Aves putty and little wires and sent it back to me. Both pieces, of course, fell off on their way here.

I contacted him again and asked him what happened. He said the pieces were that way when he got them, but I could easily fix them using super glue and sandpaper. I told him I couldn't do that because I'd just ruin the braids. He said to send them back to him and he'd fix them if I'd just pay for the shipping.

On the way there, the box where I sent them in was opened by US customs. Whoever opened it bent both braids out of shape and broke them. They're now irreparably damaged.

What happened to my Cammy's braids breaks my heart. And I can't even get a new statue. They're long sold out and no longer made.

Well, if anyone would consider selling one, I'm interested in buying. Thank you for listening.

Sorry bro I know exactly how you feel. With a few exception, majority of my custom repaints have all been unmitigated disasters. I have stopped bothering to do any custom work, just not worth the headache and stress.

To give you an example, I had one "pro" artist over at statueforum who supposedly have an impressive resume and does prototypes for large toy companies to repaint my ironman ground punch, suppose to be a 3 month job, it took him ONE AND HALF years and countless angry emails to repaint my statue, and the only request I had to please paint the eyes carefully - he ignored and returned me a statue with horribly painted white eyes that spills out of the socket worse than the original.

People just suck in general.

Back to the cammy, I think you can still pick her up close to retail. Is this the cammy you are looking for?

Cammy Delta Red State of The Art Toys Capcom Street Fighter Statue 79 180 | eBay

Sorry bro I know exactly how you feel. With a few exception, majority of my custom repaints have all been unmitigated disasters. I have stopped bothering to do any custom work, just not worth the headache and stress.

To give you an example, I had one "pro" artist over at statueforum who supposedly have an impressive resume and does prototypes for large toy companies to repaint my ironman ground punch, suppose to be a 3 month job, it took him ONE AND HALF years and countless angry emails to repaint my statue, and the only request I had to please paint the eyes carefully - he ignored and returned me a statue with horribly painted white eyes that spills out of the socket worse than the original.

People just suck in general.

Back to the cammy, I think you can still pick her up close to retail. Is this the cammy you are looking for?

Cammy Delta Red State of The Art Toys Capcom Street Fighter Statue 79 180 | eBay

To be fair, the new paintjob is amazing. It's just that the braids are ruined now :( You know, this was my favorite piece. It was meant to be the one that would fill me with joy when I looked at it. If Mr. Nejberger had just actually fixed the braids when that was still possible...

Oh, and this is the Cammy I'm talking about:

Street Fighter II - Cammy - 1/4 (Pop Culture Shock Collectibles) ‹ Figures ‹ Databases - MyFigureCollection.net (Tsuki-board.net)

Oh man, sorry to hear that. I have thought about having custom paintwork done but just sending these things through the mail is so risky, I just can't bring myself to do it unless I'm selling a piece. Even then, I much prefer to do a local pickup to avoid any shipping companies having my stuff in their possession. I hope you can find another one for a good price!

Oh man, sorry to hear that. I have thought about having custom paintwork done but just sending these things through the mail is so risky, I just can't bring myself to do it unless I'm selling a piece. Even then, I much prefer to do a local pickup to avoid any shipping companies having my stuff in their possession. I hope you can find another one for a good price!

Thank you. To be honest, I very much doubt I'll ever manage to find another one :(

I still can't figure out how the tips of the braids were damaged in the first place, but I'm thinking it was my own fault. I probably didn't pack it carefully enough :( Still, it would have been an easy thing for him to fix them. Now that both braids are broken in the center, that's impossible. He did resculpt the broken parts, but they just don't look right anymore...

contact Vince-Vell. he seem to be a honest customizer. did a lot and post a lot on this forum. Mr. Green haven't gotten anything customize as of yet but give him a try. ask him to customize her braid.

*cough, cough, Mr. Green still got the shadoo version. M. Bison Ex is an excellent companion, cough, cough*

Oh, thank you. How could I get in touch with Mr. Vell? Can I find him in this forum?

So, would you be willing to sell your Shadaloo Cammy? I was hoping to get the Delta Red one. That's my favorite version, you see.

To be fair, the new paintjob is amazing. It's just that the braids are ruined now :( You know, this was my favorite piece. It was meant to be the one that would fill me with joy when I looked at it. If Mr. Nejberger had just actually fixed the braids when that was still possible...

Oh, and this is the Cammy I'm talking about:

Street Fighter II - Cammy - 1/4 (Pop Culture Shock Collectibles) ‹ Figures ‹ Databases - MyFigureCollection.net (Tsuki-board.net)

Ah you mean the pcs version, beautiful piece but at this point I wouldn't pay flipper price for it. Jerry already confirmed there will be a new cammy coming out, just sit tight.

Ah you mean the pcs version, beautiful piece but at this point I wouldn't pay flipper price for it. Jerry already confirmed there will be a new cammy coming out, just sit tight.

Oh, will that be a brand new Cammy? Not a re issue of this one, I suppose. I just love this one, though.

I don't know, after the bad experience I've had with this one, I'm honestly not even sure I want to buy resin stuff again :(

o-really?! nice...looking forward to her....might dig back into pcs again. 2 cammy with bison in da middle is a sure win!

Oh, will that be a brand new Cammy? Not a re issue of this one, I suppose. I just love this one, though.

I don't know, after the bad experience I've had with this one, I'm honestly not even sure I want to buy resin stuff again :(

yes new version, PCS doesn't do reissues they are not sideshow. Just sign up for their newsletter.

The new street fighters are all better than the old versions. Take ryu for example it is a lot better than the old giant hand version.

Back