A rememberence to your childhood toys...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if someone has already mentioned these...

m%C3%A1s+cosas+007.jpg

Not my pic, but I think I still have a huge bunch of them at my mother's home :D

I loved them...especially the horse riders

I loved Buried Treasure ice cream on a plastic stick that revealed a character as you ate your way through it.

il_fullxfull.94379818.jpg

And the dicky dee had these, i remember the blue ghost had gum balls for eyes.

4966287018_48c5bbf85b.jpg

Ate these a few times as well,pretty sure i posted this pic before...
superman-fries-a.jpg

Also speaking of Super Powers, this was a great offer exclusive to Shell gas stations here in Canada back in 85.

shellgaspromoflyer.jpg

These are still around (though updated to more over-done modern standards) and they were more hobby than toy related, but still...

estes1980a.jpg

tumblr_kxmr4qaGSD1qa27vxo1_500.jpg

Oh, and Flosi... :rock on the Presto Magix find. Loved those.

Wasted many hours with my Atari 2600 (I had the 6 switch version)

Favorite games were Star Raiders, Adventure, pitfall, The Empire Strikes Back, KaBoom!, Donkey Kong, Asteroids, Frogger

Atari_2600.png

My parents gave me this when I was 8 or 9 and I had it for about 5 years. I eventually replaced it with an Atari 600xl and finally an AtariST 520.

Last edited:
You know you're getting old when your first game console had fake wood panelling. I still remember screwing that RF box to the back of our big wood console tv and firing up Space Invaders like it was yesterday.

I still have my Atari 2600. And kept the old tv that we used to play it on so I could keep playing it. :)

* Mission Control Center - For some reason mine didn't include the dome. I was so f---ing mad about that. When you're 10 it's hard to get parents to care about a missing inflatable dome, so I never got that part. Also I remember my cat liked to pee on the vinyl floor.
Bionics07t.jpg

All these years later I wish I still had them. I also find myself asking what knucklehead put a boy's line of action toys in pink packaging?

As a child I longed for the Mission Control Centre until I ached.In England,we could get the comics-Marvel,DC-but we could nt always get the toys.There were many ads for Evel Knievel,SMDM and Big Jims P.A.C.K items that simply were nt available here!!

Anyone ever have this?
6a00e54efed40888340134887003dd970c-800wi

I loved it as a kid... You'd swap out the different heads, upper and lower bodies to make different characters.

Anyone remember colorforms?

1465913037_3e2dbd3732_o.jpg

Holy crap...I love the mighty men and monster maker....I currently have 2 complete sets. I recently used one to make custom ceramic tiles for the bathroom between my nephews' bedroom...great stuff

As a child I longed for the Mission Control Centre until I ached.In England,we could get the comics-Marvel,DC-but we could nt always get the toys.There were many ads for Evel Knievel,SMDM and Big Jims P.A.C.K items that simply were nt available here!!

If it makes you feel any better you didn't miss out. Of all the SMDM toys I had this was my least favorite.

Since mine didn't include the white dome the dome let me tell you exactly what this was:

A couple of cardboard boxes and some small plastic bits.

Two cardboard boxes with artwork printed on them formed the "T" center computer shape. You then slide a white plastic piece over the top and it becomes a countertop.

Plug some plastic hoses with blue endcaps here and there. And a little plastic radar dish thing.

Now put that on small plastic tarp and add a white plastic chair. Oh, and a headset.

I'm sure it gave me minutes of playtime!

I can't believe mine didn't include the dome. :mad::mad::mad:

IIRC this was also my last SMDM toy. The nail in the coffin. The toy that made me go "f--- this" and switch my remaining attention completely over to the Kenner Star Wars line.

Holy crap...I love the mighty men and monster maker....I currently have 2 complete sets. I recently used one to make custom ceramic tiles for the bathroom between my nephews' bedroom...great stuff

I'm really thinking about picking one up for my son to play with. How did you get yours? EBay? Mind if I ask how much?

I just bought a Return of the Jedi presto off ebay for like 5 bucks in mint condition. I used to love playing with those.

Do you have it in hand VA? Any pics?

Ah, thanks. That's him. Freaky looking toy, from a period of time where that was something little boys would actually want to buy. Here's the comic book ad I was referring to:

powerlords1.jpg

I can hear the guy from all those 80s toy commercials reading that ad :lol

Ah yes! This was before my time, but I had some old comics with this ad in it. Always thought this looked like a cool toy series.

Pretty sure i had him before owning anything He-Man..
BlackStar-LL-Front.jpg

AH!!! I had this guy. Totally forgot about him. I liked the little guy who came with him too.

It's funny - some of the stuff really sticks with you (usually GI Joe, Transformers, MOTU, etc), and then some stuff you loved as a kid, you literally haven't thought about for 25 years. Great thread.

Food Fighters. When my parents gave them to me, I was like, "What the ____ is this ____" but my young mind wasn't able to express it in those words at the time.

1257083_f520.jpg

Nice stuff! How different is the Animated Batcave from the DK Batcave (Besides the monitor screens)?

The paint job is completely different as well as the computer monitors, paintings and lair hideout. The batsuit in the armor vault is also accurate.

Freetime058.jpg

Freetime060.jpg

086.jpg

087.jpg

114.jpg

073.jpg

077.jpg

I'm really thinking about picking one up for my son to play with. How did you get yours? EBay? Mind if I ask how much?

Do you have it in hand VA? Any pics?

Yeah..I'll take some when I get home from work. Also bought the Empire Strikes Back Burger King sticker and poster set. Past month I've been on an Empire nostalgia run. :)

Back