A rememberence to your childhood toys...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh sheeeet COLORFORMS - i had alotta those as a kid , wow memories

stupid things were awesome

and that 89 Batman setup - never had the batcave :(

had all the figures / vehicles :yess:

I'm going way back on this obscure finding:

freakies-759869.jpg

forum

I loved breakfast cereal toys. I used to save up for the mail-ins. The mail-in offer I wanted most was a Battlestar Galactica cardboard thing they did on General Mills cereals. I save up the boxtops and sent in but it never arrived. :(

The one that got away:

4797042047_f6d31e7887.jpg

500px-RC01US.jpeg

race & chase by matchbox.....:rock

had this race track.............it was awesome. bridge was hinged so you could make your opponent crash if they got there too late. it also had a button on top that would reverse polarity on your car so you could turn it around & go the other way. while that was tricky to do it could be done & was another level of awesome..........:lecture

Race tracks!!! :rock So much fun to play with!!! The problem with the older tracks was if you left them plugged in the transformer would overheat and burn out. I lost my train set that way too.

I haven't seen this mentioned yet:

I had one of the knockoff lightsabers. Some of the nieghbor kids did too. We beat the ---- out of each other with these things!!! :lol:lol:lol
forcebeam-2.jpg

forcebeam-3.jpg

500px-RC01US.jpeg

race & chase by matchbox.....:rock

had this race track.............it was awesome. bridge was hinged so you could make your opponent crash if they got there too late. it also had a button on top that would reverse polarity on your car so you could turn it around & go the other way. while that was tricky to do it could be done & was another level of awesome..........:lecture

I had the Dukes of Hazzard version of that race track!
Ah memories

I had the Dukes of Hazzard version of that race track!
Ah memories

Duke_Boys.JPG

I still remember my mom getting this for me at the local Five and Dime. :monkey2 They sold Icees there in a million different flavors and I'd get these pies:

5163021514_45d8190485.jpg

4929974022_6eba551b23.jpg

The backing cardboard inside the pie wrapper would have these little puzzles and games.... What a great store. My mom would shop around and I was able to just run down the isles and be a kid. Now I won't even let my son out of my site for a second.... have things changed that much in 30 years?:(

I still remember my mom getting this for me at the local Five and Dime. :monkey2 They sold Icees there in a million different flavors and I'd get these pies:

5163021514_45d8190485.jpg

4929974022_6eba551b23.jpg

The backing cardboard inside the pie wrapper would have these little puzzles and games.... What a great store. My mom would shop around and I was able to just run down the isles and be a kid. Now I won't even let my son out of my site for a second.... have things changed that much in 30 years?:(

I loved those, along with the pudding pies (especially vanilla) and zingers!!! :yess:

We had a Dolly Madison Bakery outlet about 20min from the house we used to get all of that nutritional goodness!!! And of course, the Peanuts gang and those puzzles made it all worth while as well. :)

Too bad they were bought by Hostess. They just don't taste the same anymore, imo.

Something also worth mentioning that was very important for me during my childhood was Trading Cards...It was basically Soccer cards,but was very popular here in the early/mid 90's.

Anyone else have the California Raisins? I'm not 100% certain without googling it but I think they came with a meal from Hardees. I use to love these things.

2146255.jpg

Anyone else have the California Raisins? I'm not 100% certain without googling it but I think they came with a meal from Hardees. I use to love these things.

2146255.jpg
I had a crap-load of those. The California Raisins craze was a force to be reckoned with in the mid-80s.

I never had the Food Fighters (I don't think), but I did have some of these!

3123958565_954261b69e.jpg

Just typical plastic toy versions of our favorite McDonald's food items, you say? THINK AGAIN!

3123958559_283c67693e.jpg

:panic::panic::panic:

2146255.jpg

I had a set of these but, from Kentucky Fried Chicken back around 88 or so, they released two different styles of figures over the span of three years i think. Kentucky Fried also had Alvin and the Chipmunks figures around that time as well.

As for the McDonalds food toys, i had these nuggets pictured below along with the fries too, maybe these are older then the transformering food toys.

nuggetsopen.jpg

These were just deadly..

220px-Officer_big_mac_playground.jpg

My favorite fast food toys though probally ever were the Simpsons plush figures from Burger King that came out around 92 maybe, i didn't eat a crap load of this stuff when i was a child, couple times within two months or less.

simpsondollset.jpg

Last edited:
One of my cousins collected the California Raisins and was able to snare the entire collection. I remember him telling my dad he actually flew out to the east and west coasts just to grab a couple of the more rare ones! :thud:

How about this from McD's -

mcdonalds+UFO.JPG

I had a crap-load of those. The California Raisins craze was a force to be reckoned with in the mid-80s.

I never had the Food Fighters (I don't think), but I did have some of these!

3123958565_954261b69e.jpg

Just typical plastic toy versions of our favorite McDonald's food items, you say? THINK AGAIN!

3123958559_283c67693e.jpg

:panic::panic::panic:

I had all of those. Possibly the best McDonalds toys ever. Me and my brother really liked those food transformers for some reason.

We had Barnyard Commandos too.

figures.jpg

Back