A poll for Canadian members re: Currency

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will the current exchange rate of 30 cents on the dollar affect Spooktacular buying?

• Yes

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • A bit

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • What is Spooktacular?

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dr2red

Super Freak
Reaction score
This poll is to find out if you will be spending less this spook because of the increase in exchange.

I can only buy something if it is at least 30 percent off and so far no luck with that.

Last edited:
To be honest I really don't know much about Spooktacular but with the current exchange I will be cutting out alot in general. I did most of my purchasing at par and see no point in buying much more (in general)

Purchasing a Hot Toys piece with shipping and GST on average has been around $180-$190 (Iron Man, BR Joker, Etc) just imagine paying around $220-$250? No thanks.

I will still have to at least get the Mark III and BR Joker but will cancell all others if this doesn't rebound soon.

I have been seriously considering cutting back. After exchange shipping and duties things are just too expensive.

I have been seriously considering cutting back. After exchange shipping and duties things are just too expensive.

Well there is a guy in Calgary (Chinook Hobby West) that distributes Sideshow to Canada but like Eric at Toys2.net i'd bet you can't get around paying in U.S. dollars. I may just try getting my T-800 PF from Calgary and cancel my preorder at Sideshow, just makes more sense right now.

Well there is a guy in Calgary (Chinook Hobby West) that distributes Sideshow to Canada but like Eric at Toys2.net i'd bet you can't get around paying in U.S. dollars. I may just try getting my T-800 PF from Calgary and cancel my preorder at Sideshow, just makes more sense right now.

it's to bad there isn't a good sideshow/statue store in edmonton, or even red deer for that matter. i have to go to calgary all the time also. i find it's harder and harder to get current items from them now, even when you order or put your name one the "list" 50% of the time you won't get it.

i recall trying to get on the list for sim, they had a wait list of over 50 and had 20 on order. they only got like around 8. my brother-in-law was the last guy to get one. he only paid $325:horror and i was force to go to the store in the west edmonton and was held a gun point even after he quoted me one price, and had to pay way more.:mad:
let's just say he'll never get my $$$ again. that extra $$$ he got on the sim cost him way more than he knows.:D

oh yeah, as for the subject at hand, i have already cut back on my orders at sideshow, cancelling some, while just not ordering others. i still have more to cancel, but will wait till closer to release.

also items on the for sale board, i have inquired about some, but when i figure in freight and the purchase price, most are just way to much $$$$$$:banghead

it's to bad there isn't a good sideshow/statue store in edmonton, or even red deer for that matter. i have to go to calgary all the time also. i find it's harder and harder to get current items from them now, even when you order or put your name one the "list" 50% of the time you won't get it.

i recall trying to get on the list for sim, they had a wait list of over 50 and had 20 on order. they only got like around 8. my brother-in-law was the last guy to get one. he only paid $325:horror and i was force to go to the store in the west edmonton and was held a gun point even after he quoted me one price, and had to pay way more.:mad:
let's just say he'll never get my $$$ again. that extra $$$ he got on the sim cost him way more than he knows.:D

Was it Collectors Edge in the mall? What is "Sim" ? not sure :eek:

no i'm refering to the sideshow dealer in west edmonton mall, as the dealer that gouged me,:mad: and my situation was with the stealth iron man (sim):D

Sideshow and bodie dont care about canada

And we, in turn, don't care about you.

Come knocking on our door (Three's Company style) in twenty years when fresh water is the new oil. We won't be sharing.:joy

I'm looking at being more frugal as well... BUt as for now I buy almost all of my SSC stuff on this side of the border from Canadian on-line retailers. I have only a few things from SSC directly... That Anakin Exc. PF should be the next oen so we'll see how much of a dent that'll be.

Seriously the exchange rate is going to massively cut back my spending at SSC. I expect it will get a bit less crazy after the US election though.

Seriously the exchange rate is going to massively cut back my spending at SSC. I expect it will get a bit less crazy after the US election though.

Let's keep our fingers crossed. I loved the low rate.
When you figure in exchange, shipping and duties.
It is a disgusting whack of money.

And we, in turn, don't care about you.

Come knocking on our door (Three's Company style) in twenty years when fresh water is the new oil. We won't be sharing.:joy

I'm looking at being more frugal as well... BUt as for now I buy almost all of my SSC stuff on this side of the border from Canadian on-line retailers. I have only a few things from SSC directly... That Anakin Exc. PF should be the next oen so we'll see how much of a dent that'll be.

Who do you buy from online. I would love to have that option.

Aren't most foreign currencies down against the US dollar because of fears of a worldwide recession? Maybe the poll should be open to people from Europe, the UK, etc...

I don't know anything about Spooktacular (I'm still new to Sideshow), but I think I'll have to cancel at least one preorder.

Yeah thats whom I was referring to, he's THEY qouge master! Horrid prices I tell ya!

yeah most stores that have stock sitting for a long time, they'll drop the price to get rid of it. i noticed a lot of his old stock just becomes marked rare/hard to find and his prices go up:lol

sht some of his halo figures have been there for forever and the price just keeps going up:banghead while i picked up 4 of them from calgary for $10 ea., he wants $75 to $100 ea. just because he has them marked rare.:gun:rotfl

Back