A poll for Canadian members re: Currency

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will the current exchange rate of 30 cents on the dollar affect Spooktacular buying?

• Yes

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • A bit

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • What is Spooktacular?

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
yeah i gotta be very careful with what i buy from now on,the dollar went from 4 to 7 in 1 month here in Norway,thats makes a huge difference!!!

With the Canadian dollar sucking right now...

One time the Canuck Buck = 1.10 US. That was 4+ months ago. Now we're sitting around at .72 US. That's a nice big drop. Great for exporting and because of it gas prices have dropped by a nice margin. Having said that, sucks for those of us who import.

Just curious if my fellow Canucks have been hindered or have lessened their spending because of the recent fall of the dollar?

I know I have. I used to order so much. Now I find myself holding back. Doesn't help that full-time schooling and the girlfriend have killed off not only my spending in half, but also is slowly taking me away from the hobby.

Re: With the Canadian dollar sucking right now...

dang that sucks for you guys. I remember recently when it was almost just equal to the dollar.

See. You make fun and rejoice in your dollar's strength and the whole world gets sucked into America's economic black hole.

Well lets put it this way, I still haven't preordered Two-Face and I REALLY wanted that piece. I may also have to cancel both Ironman's, paying over $200 for a figure is just not happening with me anymore.

Just for comparison I paid $165 delivered for my Joker and $210 for my TDK. Both retailed at the exact same price. Bad timing yes but a $45 difference? No thanks, I will just say this, thank God I bought up all the goodies I have now when I did.

dang that sucks for you guys. I remember recently when it was almost just equal to the dollar.

Our dollar was worth more than the US bro. Now we're so low, might as will use our money as ass wipe.

Our dollar was worth more than the US bro. Now we're so low, might as will use our money as ass wipe.

That's what Canadian TIRE money is used for.:lol

(Look at all the American puzzled expressions:monkey1--not that they're probably reading this thread anyway-- ah hell, I'm going to Tim's for a coffee and a timbit):D

That's what Canadian TIRE money is used for.:lol

(Look at all the American puzzled expressions:monkey1--not that they're probably reading this thread anyway-- ah hell, I'm going to Tim's for a coffee and a timbit):D

Double Double or Triple Triple? MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Timmys!! :drool:drool:drool:drool

Well lets put it this way, I still haven't preordered Two-Face and I REALLY wanted that piece. I may also have to cancel both Ironman's, paying over $200 for a figure is just not happening with me anymore.

Just for comparison I paid $165 delivered for my Joker and $210 for my TDK. Both retailed at the exact same price. Bad timing yes but a $45 difference? No thanks, I will just say this, thank God I bought up all the goodies I have now when I did.

yeah, i haven't yet, but by the time you figure exchange, brokerage, taxes, you might have enough to go to tims for a double, double.
i thinks i'm going to cancel. all of my hot toys im's, sht i think i have like 5 on order including a jack sparrow.:banghead

well we're back up to 87 cents today. what a rollercoster ride:banghead

how is a guy suppose to figure out when to buy anything:confused:
myself i didn't buy anything sideshow during spook, but i have still been buying from some members. i guess all a guy can do is average it out in the end.:gun

Figures that Sideshow would process my Gandalf and zombie Santa orders when our dollar's at its lowest in over 4 years. Had they waited just an extra three days or so, I'd have saved a good 5%-10%.

And now that our buck is back up again, none of my other pre-orders are due to be processed for at least another month or so. Ten to one the buck drops down to 70 cents when they're ready to ship again. :banghead

Figures that Sideshow would process my Gandalf and zombie Santa orders when our dollar's at its lowest in over 4 years. Had they waited just an extra three days or so, I'd have saved a good 5%-10%.

And now that our buck is back up again, none of my other pre-orders are due to be processed for at least another month or so. Ten to one the buck drops down to 70 cents when they're ready to ship again. :banghead

i wonder if sideshow would, or has a prepayment plan??
of course that would back fire on some people also, just can't win in the end:banghead

It'd be nice if we chould choose to get charged for pre-orders at any time before the item actually ships. I would have had them process the payments for Gandalf, Indiana Jones, the Terminator PF, etc... when our dollar was worth almost $1.10 US.

I'm sure Sideshow would have no problem getting the money ahead of time. The only problem would come with cancellations, as I don't know many companies that are keen on giving refunds. I could live with store credit, though.

Back