A Nightmare on Elm Street Trailer!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what Ive seen of the trailer it looks like a total remake that,like rob zombies Halloween has a "Oh so thats why hes like that" which worked for Halloween but I dont think it is necessary for nightmare.the original is still scary as ****.Why not re-do all the classics,hellraiser,TCSM,evil dead,just to name a few so we see the same thing over and over again for the younger gen,thats the only reason I can see for this movie existing.Ill watch it when it comes out........on a torrent.Im not paying a cent for that movie,newline has made plenty of money out of me from that franchise,Ive owned every movie in nearly every format.not to mention toys etc.

its sacrilege imo

No it didn't work... it was terrible!!!
Zombies Halloween are some of the worst remakes/revamps ever... :yuck!

And I don't think they will spend half the movie trying to explain why Freddy is like that...

Well, they did explain why Freddy was a killer in the sequels too. The trailers do make it look like it won't stray too far from the original, but who knows trailers can be deceiving. Might be to try and lure original fans in.

I read one of the earlier posted reviews with plot spoilers in them, and the reviewer stated that they changed Freddy's backstory a bit. Not completely, but enough to change the dynamics of the movie from the original.

Its mainly because Im a purist and I grew up with freddy.Its one of the first movies I remember scaring the crap out of me.

Id like to know why there doing it with out Englund in the first place.

I feel the same way about Child's Play and Jaws. If either were to be remade I would be a little pissed, but if I happens, it happens.

I would be asking this too if it was a sequel, but why would they use him for a remake, Why bother? I think when a movie gets this long in the tooth it either needs to be remade or left alone.

I read one of the earlier posted reviews with plot spoilers in them, and the reviewer stated that they changed Freddy's backstory a bit. Not completely, but enough to change the dynamics of the movie from the original.

I figured as much. As long as they don't make him innocent, or make it the focal point of the movie.

may have been posted elswhere . if so I missed it... but clear pic of the new Freddy .... I like it .. looks even more disturbing than the original IMO ....

dblaoz.jpg

Englund was great as Freddy in parts 1-4. But in the later sequels, he helped dilute the character down to nothing short of pathetic. Freddy's dead was a terrible movie, but it's kind of forgivable - as it was early 90's and everything being produced at the time had an element of camp... but Freddy Vs Jason, man Englund was cringe worthy in just about EVERY scene (except before the Destiny's Child kill). I've been a massive Nightmare fan over the years, but Englund has been dead to me for a long time. Don't get me wrong - I love him in the early films, but I got a feeling JEH is going to be great in the role and I can't wait :)

I agree...England began to take too much ownership of the character and instead of being corralled and directed, he did as he pleased and really diluted the character.

He does look like Voldemort, which is a bit lame. Although, it's cool to see a new look of the character. I hope it isn't a recreation of the original and they actually change it a bit. I wish they would have just made another sequel instead of rebooting all these great horror franchises.

:lol he doesnt look like Voldemort. he looks like a true burn victim.
Id say Voldemort looks like a burn victim moreso than vice versa.

Im liking the actor and the make-up. Lets hope the rest holds up.... :monkey1

I have to say Im not really a Freddy fan, but the more I keep seeing on it the more I want to actually see it. When I first heard about it I really didnt have much interest, but again I'll be there.

I mean...I wouldn't want more Englund at this point. They tried the serious scary thing in New Nightmare. If they got him for this one itd be like that.

I thought, although it has its problems, the new F13 remake made Jason scary again to me...at least more of a threat anyway.

It is different for me though, as I am only 22 years old...that was the only jason movie I ever saw on screen...besides watching them at the movie theatre I work at.

same with freddy...I'm hoping he's actually something worthy of being scared of. or at least unnerving. I haven't really been scared of a movie in a long while.

Back