A Nightmare on Elm Street Trailer!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been having a Nightmare on Elm Street marathon this week before going to see the new one on Friday. I'm up to the the Dream Child now, and so far its been pretty fun.

I'm not all that impressed, either, but you can't tell much from the trailers. I think much of the success of this film will hinge on whether the suspense works or not. That's not something you can tease out from the trailers. Certainly, it has a lot to live up to.

well one thing ive noticed over the years in trailers is they show the best parts of the movies in them then the rest of the movie is boring compared to the trailer.l wont go see it but will watch the pirated version on the internet.it looks not bad,as long as its not cheezie like the originals.

well one thing ive noticed over the years in trailers is they show the best parts of the movies in them then the rest of the movie is boring compared to the trailer.l wont go see it but will watch the pirated version on the internet.it looks not bad,as long as its not cheezie like the originals.

Yeah you can never really tell from the trailers but i'm really looking forward to this and hope it's really brutal! also :lol @ the bit in bold.

I don't doubt that piracy is a problem that is becoming worse, but that doesn't justify doing it. Violent crime rates are probably on the rise, too, because of rising levels of social and income inequality, but I'm not gonna go mug some old woman unless she really asks for it.

Anyway, back on topic, Freddy is a pretty cool monster.

Some of my completely on-topic and non-controversial/board rule breaking posting regarding the trailer seems to have been removed somehow.

Huh. An explanation by the responsible mod would be appreciated.

Last edited:
They must have thought your posts were boring so just got rid of them with the rest of the stuff. :lol ;)

Some of my completely on-topic and non-controversial/board rule breaking posting regarding the trailer seems to have been removed somehow.

Just one of the two posts of yours I deleted was about the trailer.

It got caught in the crossfire.

Here it is.

Yeah, trailers nowadays tend to pick out all the exciting highlights at the expense of conveying the mood of the film. I don't want to see 30 1/2 second shots of Freddy coming after someone, I want to see the suspense he builds in the process of closing in on his prey. They sort of get at that with the opening of the long trailer on the website, but the rest is generally very typical.

And cheesy though many of the Nightmare films may have been, the first one was not. It was a masterpiece of modern horror, IMO.

Tsar-Nuclear-Explosion.jpg

Just got back from my midnight showing. I have to say, I really enjoyed it.
Jackie was unbelievably menacing and nasty. To dispute all the hate, his voice worked very well, and he even managed to crack a couple of familiar Freddy jokes, but with his own spin thrown upon them. The plot and rest of the cast were average for a horror film, about on a par with The Texas Chainsaw remake, and way above the Friday remake. I'm still buzzing, and a second viewing would be nice, but overall I was very impressed. After the first grizzly nightmare, Englund was a memory, and a tame one at that. My only real gripe was the film felt very short, and far too quickly paced. I wanted to enjoy the events as they unfolded a little more, but there was no time to do so. This film wanted to be a mystery, but it moved too quickly to build much of one. It was just one nightmare after another. Perhaps a little too heavy on the bad dreams. However above all, I simply loved the new look and attitude of Freddy in this. Very sinister and pissed off. Jackie wasn't better than Englund, but he was different, and that's what I enjoyed. I have no problem loving both Freddys. Bottom line, it doesn't top the original, or even dream warriors, but it's an easy best in the series after those two.

Last edited:
Was planning on going at midnight, went to take a nap at 8 pm, just woke up. :lol

Will be going at 12 Pm today, first showing.

Just got back from my midnight showing. I have to say, I really enjoyed it.
Jackie was unbelievably menacing and nasty. To dispute all the hate, his voice worked very well, and he even managed to crack a couple of familiar Freddy jokes, but with his own spin thrown upon them. The plot and rest of the cast were average for a horror film, about on a par with The Texas Chainsaw remake, and way above the Friday remake. I'm still buzzing, and a second viewing would be nice, but overall I was very impressed. After the first grizzly nightmare, Englund was a memory, and a tame one at that. My only real gripe was the film felt very short, and far too quickly paced. I wanted to enjoy the events as they unfolded a little more, but there was no time to do so. This film wanted to be a mystery, but it moved too quickly to build much of one. It was just one nightmare after another. Perhaps a little too heavy on the bad dreams. However above all, I simply loved the new look and attitude of Freddy in this. Very sinister and pissed off. Jackie wasn't better than Englund, but he was different, and that's what I enjoyed. I have no problem loving both Freddys. Bottom line, it doesn't top the original, or even dream warriors, but it's an easy best in the series after those two.

Sounds great and Morbach loved it as well so i'll be getting tickets when it comes out here. :rock

You can thank the MTV generation with their infinitely short attention span for that quick pacing. Thats one of the biggest problems in horror today is they just wanna get from one kill scene to the next.

I'll see this next week. Cant wait!

You can thank the MTV generation with their infinitely short attention span for that quick pacing. Thats one of the biggest problems in horror today is they just wanna get from one kill scene to the next.

The King speaks the truth. :lecture

Watched the original last night. Very suspensful. But I never found it scary. So I say bring on the remake.

Back