A Nightmare on Elm Street Trailer!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As long as Rob Zombie isn't involved in making it i'll give it a chance.

New Nightmare wasn't a direct remake no, but a reenvisioning of the series in a real world atmosphere with a couple alomost identical scenes from the original

reviews here
https://www.aintitcool.com/node/44063
https://www.horrorbid.com/blog/blog1.php/2009/11/02/first-review-a-nightmare-on-elm-street-r

Kind of what I predicted. I couldn't finish the second review though...not sure if it was the crazy font or the improper grammar that gave me a headache. Might be both.

The Friday the 13th remake received pretty horrible reviews but I enjoyed it and i know many other fans did so I'll be making my own mind up. These reviews seem to be average too , I am usually easily pleased when it comes to horror for some reason.
This will be a cinema watch for me. It's released close to my birthday too. :D

Trailer looked good, but so did Friday the 13th . . .

Haley's voice is weird for the part, doesn't fit Freddy at all.

trailer was decent, and i am looking forward to seeing this.

Haley's voice is weird for the part, doesn't fit Freddy at all.
it wasn't robert englund's freddy voice, and his voice was freakin iconic.

i didn't thing haley's voice was bad, it was basically a more creepy/less raspy version of his rorschach voice.

If this wasn an original concept and the first NOES film ever made, everyone would be excited. He's not suppose to sound like Robert Englund.

Saw the 2nd trailer in the Theatre.. I'm actually pumped to see it... Hopefully it carries the feel throughout the movie.

The only Freddy we have ever known if Robert Englunds Freddy. I'm willing to give this new one a chance and then decide if I like it or not.

I always wanted that Rorschach elseworld's/spin off where he accidentily sets himself on fire trying to escape the swat team in molach's apartment building.

Just kidding, i'm excited for this.

From what Ive seen of the trailer it looks like a total remake that,like rob zombies Halloween has a "Oh so thats why hes like that" which worked for Halloween but I dont think it is necessary for nightmare.the original is still scary as ****.Why not re-do all the classics,hellraiser,TCSM,evil dead,just to name a few so we see the same thing over and over again for the younger gen,thats the only reason I can see for this movie existing.Ill watch it when it comes out........on a torrent.Im not paying a cent for that movie,newline has made plenty of money out of me from that franchise,Ive owned every movie in nearly every format.not to mention toys etc.

its sacrilege imo

From what Ive seen of the trailer it looks like a total remake that,like rob zombies Halloween has a "Oh so thats why hes like that" which worked for Halloween but I dont think it is necessary for nightmare.

Well, they did explain why Freddy was a killer in the sequels too. The trailers do make it look like it won't stray too far from the original, but who knows trailers can be deceiving. Might be to try and lure original fans in.

Even though I am over the whole remake craze (I does seem to be slowing). I just don't understand the hate. Tales are retold all the time, with the teller putting their own spin to it. It's hardly a new concept. The way I see it don't see if it you are against it and stick with the original.

On the whole I have enjoyed most of the remakes. It's only the 'Americanised' Japanese remakes I have hated.

Well, they did explain why Freddy was a killer in the sequels too. The trailers do make it look like it won't stray too far from the original, but who knows trailers can be deceiving. Might be to try and lure original fans in.

Even though I am over the whole remake craze (I does seem to be slowing). I just don't understand the hate. Tales are retold all the time, with the teller putting their own spin to it. It's hardly a new concept. The way I see it don't see if it you are against it and stick with the original.

On the whole I have enjoyed most of the remakes. It's only the 'Americanised' Japanese remakes I have hated.

Its mainly because Im a purist and I grew up with freddy.Its one of the first movies I remember scaring the crap out of me.
And if you go back and watch the original its still a scary movie and is a classic.They couldnt make freddy better wioth the vs movie and I dont think this is going to be any good either.And replacing Englund as freddy cant be done as far is Im concerned.He is freddy period.
It would be like making the terminator again and getting someone other than Arnie to play him.

Id like to know why there doing it with out Englund in the first place.

Englund was great as Freddy in parts 1-4. But in the later sequels, he helped dilute the character down to nothing short of pathetic. Freddy's dead was a terrible movie, but it's kind of forgivable - as it was early 90's and everything being produced at the time had an element of camp... but Freddy Vs Jason, man Englund was cringe worthy in just about EVERY scene (except before the Destiny's Child kill). I've been a massive Nightmare fan over the years, but Englund has been dead to me for a long time. Don't get me wrong - I love him in the early films, but I got a feeling JEH is going to be great in the role and I can't wait :)

Back