a new hope leia!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's just hope this 12" figure can make it through all the stages of production looking like the prototype.

And PF's will always own 12"!

Darth Loki said:
Let's just hope this 12" figure can make it through all the stages of production looking like the prototype.

And PF's will always own 12"!

I doubt that. The best thing to come from PF's are the ultimate head sculpt, which I always assumed was for the new techniques coming out where they can now start shinking those molds without losing the fine detail. PF's are bringing the 1:6 realm to newer heights. It's a proven fact that over time people downsize always! PF's are great for rare collectables, but to have a whole collection - hundreds - it will never happen to the average collector, who are SS' main target group.

Leia looks like the princess should. I can't wait to own this one. Great choice SS!

Seretur said:
Oh, do start a TWELVE INCHERS RULE, PFS DROOL ZOMG11!1 thread, by all means, but do keep this one Leia-centric, please.

Relax, it's not a VS thread. We were just giving each other a little crap.

I've learned not to give too much hype, good or bad, to prototype pictures. A lot can happen over the next 6 months.

I've submitted in the Ask Sideshow section to see what the situation is with the eyes looking out the left corners.

I like the eyes in the corner. A nice 3/4 pose and a reason to have your eyes wander in another location to see where her attention is drawn. Look Out here come some Stormies!

It's too limiting to have the eyes positioned anywhere but neutral, in my opinion. I had the first Scarface and his eyes were looking out the corner in the classic poster art style, but basically that was about the only pose you could do with him without the eyes throwing it off, like if someone wanted to pose the Vader and Leia confrontation you couldn't have laying staring straight at him, she'd look crossed eyed, but I find that neutral eyes work fine with 3/4 poses and others like that, you don't feel like well he's not looking where he should be, but again that's my opinion.

Seretur said:
Except that this thing will be in our hands in two.

This image is probably very close to the final production piece.

Why do you keep saying that we will have Leia in hand in 2 months? She isnt for C IV. It is a normal preorder which is usually 6 months wait unless you know something we dont?

Looks nice but Sideshow's protos usually do :rolleyes:
If the final figure turns out looking as good without any repainting or any other alteration needing to be made then I may get one but given their recent record I'm not exactly optimistic.

Finally an ANH figure! Leia looks great, I'll definitely be getting her. I don't think the data card would be a very impressive exclusive. It would be like getting Jedi food capsules as an exclusive. I think the exclusive should be the wrist binders. We didn't get a pair with either Luke or Han so we are running out of opportunities unless the do them with Chewie.

I've stayed away from the 1/6 category for so long waiting for something decent from ANH (which is my personal favorite in the original trilogy). I can't wait to order this one...bring on Han, Obi, Luke, Chewie, 3PO, R2....

This is a tragedy!!!

No Dex!? No Dex!? Say it A'int so!!! Hair impaired leia and junglewhiner luke beat out DEX! This world has no justice.

Sorry Dex, Maybe next time.

Last edited:
I've been looking at the Leia headsculpt on the banner and it's looking fantastic. I just hope that the production piece is just as good. I personally love that sideways glance paintjob on the eyes. Gives the figure more 'character'.

yeah, straight ahead eyes never have as much life or character as ones looking slightly to one side, or slightly up. very very rarely in life do we ever look directly in front of us, with out head exactly level.

our heads are usually tilted down ever so slightly... and our eyes move around. It's why all the repaints of figures youve seen that have the eyes off in one direction usually have much more life to them

You're right about having them central means they'll work with more poses. And i'm assuming that's why Sideshow always sticks to having them dead centre. I just wish they would have them looking a little more 'up'

......off to one side still has more life though :monkey1

KitFisto said:
I like the figure, but I think PF flat out OWNS the "dollies". The 1/6 line is great and I really like it, but they can't hold a candle to a true display piece like a PF.

CRIPPLE FIGHT!!!!! :ccheerlea :banana :chew :mexwave :fireworks

Back